• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

litebulb

To follow on from my "Office Arse: Is there a cure?" thread...I have another distressing ailment to ask you all about...

Pansy Wrist.

You know...that ailment where watches always look big on your arm, even if it's the smallest bezel watch available?

You know...that ailment where the size of your wrist is comparable to, or in severe cases, smaller than a girls wrist?

I was wondering if there was a NATURAL cure to pansy wrist...I've seen guys go on roids, and their bones / frame physically grew, but I don't necessarily want to do that...

My wrists are 15.5cm in circumference, and for a bit of an idea, I've placed a 20c piece on top of my wrist to give you an idea of the scale of the "prissiness"

img1036e.jpg

(NOTE: With all due respect to New Zealanders, I'm not one. I just happen to have an NZ 20c piece on my desk, as the bank won't take foreign currency from me :p)

Speaking from experience, ain't much you can do, mate. That's just your bone structure - big or small bones.

Other parts like shoulders and chest, adding muscle can make up for small bone size to a degree. But when you build up your forearms it doesn't do much to the wrist, since by the time the muscles reach the wrist they've turned into tendons, which don't bulk much at all.

Just build up the rest of you then no-one will look at your wrists :D

Speaking from experience, ain't much you can do, mate. That's just your bone structure - big or small bones.

Other parts like shoulders and chest, adding muscle can make up for small bone size to a degree. But when you build up your forearms it doesn't do much to the wrist, since by the time the muscles reach the wrist they've turned into tendons, which don't bulk much at all.

Just build up the rest of you then no-one will look at your wrists :D

That reminds me of what people tell a girl wit an ugly face:

"Just get a boob job girl, nobody will care how your face looks after that" :p

As an aside question, and no, I'm asking out of interest, is there anyone on here who has experience with DECA or Other GH based roids, who can confirm / deny bone growth? It doesn't sound like it's possible to me...

Bones grow from the ends, they have "growth plates" where tissue is added, and the bone gradually gets longer. If taken during adolescence, growth hormone can boost normal bone growth. In this way, children with dwarfism are sometimes able to approach normal height as adolescents growing into adults.

After adolescence the growth plates close off, and you're as big as you'll ever be.

Resistance training increases the density and thickness of bones, but this causes no effect you can see without an x-ray machine.

Excessive use of growth hormone can cause agromegaly, a disease (or syndrome) where the lips, eyebrows, hands and feet grow disproportionately large. This also happens with people with giantism, like Andre the Giant.

Testosterone will broaden the jaw in long-term users, as part of "masculinisation" - men tend to have broader jaws than women. That's why if you look at film of Olympic sprinters in the 1980s and 1990s, rather a lot of them wore braces on their teeth. Their jaws got bigger, making their teeth get all gappy.

So no, drugs won't help your pansy wrists :p

Just get in the gym and lift weights, then head to Sizzlers and eat until they throw you out. Once you have big chesticles, thighs like tree trunks and bum cheeks that could crack walnuts, nobody will notice your pansy wrists.

Last edited:
My wrists are exactly the same size as yours man. I've never even worried about it or thought they are small? I think you have some complexes mate.:D

Josh, I have every single complex in the book.

The main reason I've started to seriously train is because of my extremely low self esteem.

Nothin beats being happy / content when you look at urself in the mirror, and that's what I hope to achieve by April 2011 after 1.5 years of serious, serious training.

As an aside question, and no, I'm asking out of interest, is there anyone on here who has experience with DECA or Other GH based roids, who can confirm / deny bone growth? It doesn't sound like it's possible to me...

ausbb does not condone the use of steroids (see the Rules) so I'm afraid you'll have to ask elsewhere if you want an answer to this question.
http://ausbb.com/rules-information-...important-info-everyone-read-before-post.html

Seriously, litebulb, I wouldn't worry too much about it... don't let it distract you from your overall goal. best of luck :)

yer mate u dont need to depend on supps and **** just depend on the training and youll get what u need

my wrists are like that and ppl here didn't believe me. I'm confused though cause my other bones and joints are pretty solid.

Modo, you said your wrists were 12cm (4.7") which is alot smaller. We asked for a photo to prove it and you never delivered.

For reference my son (11 months old) has 11.5cm (4.5") wrists and my Fiancee has 14cm (5.75") and she is very petite and weighs 48kg. I measured mine again and they are actually 16.5cm (6.5") round.

Gee I remember that thread. My wrists are 15cm round, and they're pretty skinny already. So if modo says his were 12cm, it sounds really low, I'd have to see a photo of him measuring it.

There not that small mate, I imagine that if you worked on some wrist curls and built them up that your fore-arm would shape in a bit of a v from your elbow to your wrist and that would disscise them.
But once again they arn't that small.

ausbb does not condone the use of steroids (see the Rules) so I'm afraid you'll have to ask elsewhere if you want an answer to this question.

Seriously, litebulb, I wouldn't worry too much about it... don't let it distract you from your overall goal. best of luck :)

Noted :)

But if you're a body builder...you would know at least 1 person who is on steroids...

I've heard of and seen "acromegaly" in action...but I've never heard of somebody's bones (such as wrist bones) become thicker...just wondering if anyone had seen it. I wouldn't consider taking steroids if my life depended on it..(well technically, I would....a lot of ailments are treated with a type of steroid, like Prednisone and Methyl Prednisolone...but yeah...they aren't exactly deemed "anabolic"....I digress :p)

Are you kidding me? I come from an oily family :p Growing up, I had acne, back-ne, ass-ne, inner ear-ne...imagine what would happen to me on roids hahaha :eek:

Last edited:
My wrists are the same size litebulb.

I've got 3 mates who have wrists of the same / similar size too all of whom are built as hell. You can still put on a whole lot of muscle mass.

yeah isnt it true that if you have small wrists makes your upper arms look bigger and more tapered anyway??

modo, maybe when you measured your wrist @ 12cm you measured it incorrectly.. Just like you measure the weight you lift incorrectly.. ;)

litebulb, I too think you're worrying over nothing.. I don't think many people are judged on their wrist size - i'm sure having massive biceps would be noticed before small wrists...
Although, I remember reading that wrist size does have some relation to the size of something else that all men have.....

I have small wrists and I love them. It makes your forearms look bigger than they actually are. BB all about illusion. Having small joints makes your muscle bellies appear fuller. I also have small ankle joints which make my calves appear bigger.
It's the same with midsections. having a small waist makes your shoulder girth appear wider then if you had a wide midsection. Illusion.

So be thankful you have small joints.