• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thrusters = Sore Delts

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
Did a short workout yesterday, only lasted less than 4 mins !!!
Was really tired from a hard and physical week at work.
However, today my side delts are quite sore.
It's a pleasant suprise as I can never get my delts sore no matter how many variations of shoulder exercises I do.

Anyway, since doing a close variation of crossfit style training, I have gained about 6kg of good mass in about 2 months, so it seems to be working well for me.

I try to go back to bodybuilding routines sometimes, but just can't.
It seems too inefficient, as in timewise, to get the same results.
Also get really good conditioning and fitness with the crossfit type routines.

Tabata Thrusters are wicked.. (Wicked good, and just plain wicked!)
What weights are you using? and how many reps can you pump out?

I've only done them a couple of times with 8kg KBs, and man the last few sets are killers!! :)

Was only using 45kg, and doing 6 reps every 30 seconds for 8 sets, quite similar to Tabata.

I'll have to work that into my routine, might work well with the day I do deadlifts. How do you guys work that into your routines?

Try KB's, they are ideal for this movement.

I get my clients on a regular basis to do this with zero rest between sets.

Thrusters

24kg KB x 10
20kg KB x 10
16kg KB x 10
12kg KB x 10
10kg KB x 10
8kg KB x 10

Then we rest a little, then go back up

8kg KB x 10
10kg KB x 10
12kg KB x 10
16kg KB x 10
20kg KB x 10
24kg KB x 10

Very few can get the 24's on the way up.

Everyone does Thrusters with KB every week at PTC, not always Tabata, but we always do Thrusters, a fantastic exercise hitting most muscles in the body.

You dont need to do them Tabata style to reap benefits, just as Adrian has pointed out. Simply do them to se how good they are.

I've never tried front squat/push press Adrian, always used KB's, might try this.

I've pencilled this in for my "circuit" month which starts in December.

Seems like a really good exercise for fat-burning and muscle-maintenance.

You dont burn fat, you burn calories, and all exercise is catabolic.

Body transformation occurs at the dinner table.

Most hard exercise burns between 350-450 calories, cardio or weights, but it is a fantastic way to increase muscular endurance.

You dont burn fat, you burn calories, and all exercise is catabolic.

Body transformation occurs at the dinner table.

Most hard exercise burns between 350-450 calories, cardio or weights, but it is a fantastic way to increase muscular endurance.

Thanks. Good advice!