• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thank you very much for this information Raphsta.

Fadi.

Thank you Fadi.
You make me feel a little more secure.You are the only person here that knows less about computers than me!;)

I do not have one movement I have two. The dead lift, there is nothing like lifting such a large weight (even though I am not lifting that much yet). The powerclean, the explosive power required is inspiring to watch but is surprisingly hard to perfect.

All I need to do now is find someone to teach me the Olympic lifts and I will be happy.

Toasted, where in Brisbane are you situated? I can put you in contact with some people possibly.

Learning the olympic lifts is a much longer process than you might think.

I've been at it for a couple of months now and I'm still not doing full snatch's or cleans, i'm still doing power moves.

Cant wait till it all clicks though. I'm hanging for a 3 plates C&J!!

Last edited:
im with nick on this. Oly lifts take ages to learn. i been doing them for about a year now and i got heaps to improve on technique still. you'll have to elarn to front squat, shrug and hang clean all different movements then combine them into the one. when u get them they are actually quite fun and as your technique gets better u can move more weight around.

I really love sparring.
I'm smart enough now and I've been in enough street fights to want to avoid violence whenever possible but it's still alot of fun to skill my skills against an opponent.

I also enjoy stance training. The burn you get from holding something like Horse Stance is unlike anything I've ever felt, I can hardly believe that some people can do this for over an hour but Ive seen it it it impresses the hell out of me.
It makes for some strong legs though. Try pushing this guy around and see how far you get....
imgmabu.jpg

For me there is no contest, it is bench, but I can truely appreciate the comments about deads and squats the heavy weights obtainable is awsome.

But bench, its just you pinned on your back with a heavy ass weight on your chest and arms. you can feel it push your shoulders into the bench it is right there in front of you, you are staring at it, it is in your face! it feels so much more personal than the other lifts. You either push it up or you get squashed, maybe not at 40, 60 80kg but when you are over 100kg and you can feel the bar flex as you take the weight it is awsome, daunting, exciting, and then to push it up, to do a pb..

Bliss, it puts you on a high for the entire session.

For me there is no contest, it is bench...

Bliss, it puts you on a high for the entire session.

Sometimes the fear factor is the drive itself! Perhaps that's what does it for some whilst lying beneath a heavy laden bar. Thanks for that input trofius.

Fadi.

yes fadi fear does play a part, I am scared of falling over doing squats, or stuffing my back doing heavy deads, but it is different, maybe because i am not as confident with those two powerfull lifts, as with bench.

For me and bench it is like personal, I know I am pretty good at it for my size, and that feels enpowering in its self.

But it is like I am competing with the bar rather than myself I look up at it and think its you or me, you lift it off the stays, feel the weight, feel the bar push you down.

As you lower the bar you feel its weight much more than the push stage, its heavy so you have to be controled or it hits you hard, i like to lower slow, let it touch my chest, I feel my body lock up, and pause then drive it as hard as i can, this does not allways look impressive speed wise, but seeing, and feeling myself pushing 110 or more kg away from me, beating the bar and gravity, is awsome. If it gets stuck or slows, you can look at your arms, or the bar and mentally focus on that bit, or just get angry, and on several occasions i have grunted under my breath,....

GEt the F*^k Up there.....

Summed it up beautifully Trofius-just exactly how I feel,me or the bar!

Squats used to scare the **** out of me, always thought i would fold in half or fall over.

love them now, chasing 100x20, 10kg to go....

i've done Dead lifts once, i can tell i'll enjoy them once i get more weight to lift.

yes fadi fear does play a part, I am scared of falling over doing squats, or stuffing my back doing heavy deads, but it is different, maybe because i am not as confident with those two powerfull lifts, as with bench.

For me and bench it is like personal, I know I am pretty good at it for my size, and that feels enpowering in its self.

But it is like I am competing with the bar rather than myself I look up at it and think its you or me, you lift it off the stays, feel the weight, feel the bar push you down.

As you lower the bar you feel its weight much more than the push stage, its heavy so you have to be controled or it hits you hard, i like to lower slow, let it touch my chest, I feel my body lock up, and pause then drive it as hard as i can, this does not allways look impressive speed wise, but seeing, and feeling myself pushing 110 or more kg away from me, beating the bar and gravity, is awsome. If it gets stuck or slows, you can look at your arms, or the bar and mentally focus on that bit, or just get angry, and on several occasions i have grunted under my breath,....

GEt the F*^k Up there.....

Love that post; thank you mate. I'm reading your every word and I'm picturing myself there. Well done Mick.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Revive another old Fadi thread...

Bent over rows for me. Heavy and high reps give me the best satisfaction.

Deadlift for me, high reps or low reps oe singles....just love doing them more than any other lift

with rambo on this one. love my deadlifts. and heavy as fwark too.
zero fear of injury or failure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Im hearing you Mideon, once you get your form down, the balls go to the wall and the whole gym knows when its time to deadlift.