• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I just started this program recently and I'm having a problem with squatting. I've recently changed from using around 60kg (10-12 reps) to 90kg (5 reps) and I feel I could go heavier again but I'm having issues resting the bar on my back. It feels like it may roll off my back. I'm fine with 80kg but 90kg is harder. Do I need a bigger/stronger back or something?

Look into high-bar vs low-bar squatting. Where you're putting the bar will affect how you should hold it, and if you don't know where you're putting it, it may be going all over the place.

I just started this program recently and I'm having a problem with squatting. I've recently changed from using around 60kg (10-12 reps) to 90kg (5 reps) and I feel I could go heavier again but I'm having issues resting the bar on my back. It feels like it may roll off my back. I'm fine with 80kg but 90kg is harder. Do I need a bigger/stronger back or something?

With your hand, start at the base of the skull, run the hand down until you feel a lump.

place the bar below it, never above.

placeing the hands on the bar, in a position that will create a shelf caused by the trapezoids contracting.

it's pretty straightforward.

dont mess about with the high/low bar just yet.

That sounds like a medium bar set up.

Just kidding, follow [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION];'s cues, it is a good start for bar placement without the need for stupid bitch pads.

With your hand, start at the base of the skull, run the hand down until you feel a lump.

place the bar below it, never above.

placeing the hands on the bar, in a position that will create a shelf caused by the trapezoids contracting.

it's pretty straightforward.

dont mess about with the high/low bar just yet.

very good advice

Are you able to do this workout 2 x per week and incorporate conditioning worth another 2 x days per week? Looking for something I can do along with footy training

Are you able to do this workout 2 x per week and incorporate conditioning worth another 2 x days per week? Looking for something I can do along with footy training
Yes. Can't see why not. Tailor it to suit your needs.

Going to be away / unable to train Friday-Sunday. So far have trained Monday & Wednesday. Thoughts on getting in the 3rd training day? Train on Thursday? Skip the 3rd session? Do a lighter session??

Hi I
how's Alby doin?

They were great movies Goosenator. But he got found out for being a bit of a Fraud didn't he.

A mate of mine claims to have done work for him once and he didn't pay him (my mate). So my mate grabbed him by the throat. :D

They were great movies Goosenator. But he got found out for being a bit of a Fraud didn't he.

A mate of mine claims to have done work for him once and he didn't pay him (my mate). So my mate grabbed him by the throat. :D

Who was the girl, I used to really watch it for her!

Who was the girl, I used to really watch it for her!

Judy Green. Wasn't she a former Miss Australia or Miss World contestant or something?

Judy%20Green%20dress.jpg

Maybe, but I do remember her for this show and "saaaaale of the century"

she also very badly injured herself on one of mangles docos, somewhere in South America.
tragic really.

I have a query about mixing this up due to training imbalances..

I've been back in training a couple of months post a knee reconstruction layoff and I'd tried to go back to the 5x5 i was on prior, lifting at that point 135x5x5 squats, 95x5x5 bench and about 160 sets on deads..

Since getting back I've struggled getting the leg strength back so have looked to switching onto something like this, but im back to 87.5x5x5 on bench ( more than squat...) so was thinking of continuing bench on a less frequent 5x5 with the rest of this mixed in?

Any ideas on a better approach?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk