• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's not really the same at all, it just uses the same exercises plus calf raises. This programme works because it's simple to follow. 3x10 for squats, 3x8 for everything else add weight when you complete the sets.

When I say it works, I mean it works if you're not a lazy shit like me taking weeks off without realising it (my diary tells me so).

That's not really the same at all, it just uses the same exercises plus calf raises. This programme works because it's simple to follow. 3x10 for squats, 3x8 for everything else add weight when you complete the sets.

When I say it works, I mean it works if you're not a lazy shit like me taking weeks off without realising it (my diary tells me so).

Then, Sarah, don't eat like someone who wants to become heavier and bigger.

Conservation of mass, it's a principle people have to understand - both the runty ones who want to get bigger, and the big ones who want to get smaller. Can't create something from nothing. Want to get small, eat small; get big, eat big. Simple, not easy.

Then, Sarah, don't eat like someone who wants to become heavier and bigger.

Conservation of mass, it's a principle people have to understand - both the runty ones who want to get bigger, and the big ones who want to get smaller. Can't create something from nothing. Want to get small, eat small; get big, eat big. Simple, not easy.

I am a woman I don't want to become heavier and bigger

Funny thing that, neither do I.

I'm lifting heavier than what I ever have and training 4 times a week. I've changed my diet and stopped relying on pointless 'cardio sessions' to lose weight and I've dropped from 68kg to 61kg. I'd still like to drop a couple of kg's but I'm feeling so much better about my shape. Finally, at the age of 40 I get it!! It's taught me a valuable lesson. I can spend hours on the treadmill, bike etc but the most important thing will be what I put in my mouth.

Regarding training (if that was your concern) I've had the benefit of training with and around other women who lift heavy weights and have great, athletic, feminine physiques. Maybe I've just been lucky to see the proof and therefore not be frightened of heavy weights...

You'll find there's lot's of great info on this forum.

Last edited:
I am a woman I don't want to become heavier and bigger

Funny thing that, neither do I.

I'm lifting heavier than what I ever have and training 4 times a week. I've changed my diet and stopped relying on pointless 'cardio sessions' to lose weight and I've dropped from 68kg to 61kg. I'd still like to drop a couple of kg's but I'm feeling so much better about my shape. Finally, at the age of 40 I get it!! It's taught me a valuable lesson. I can spend hours on the treadmill, bike etc but the most important thing will be what I put in my mouth.

Regarding training (if that was your concern) I've had the benefit of training with and around other women who lift heavy weights and have great, athletic, feminine physiques. Maybe I've just been lucky to see the proof and therefore not be frightened of heavy weights...

You'll find there's lot's of great info on this forum.

This is the same as allpros simple beginners routine on bb.com except he works up to higher reps and has a built in deload:
A Simple Beginner's Routine - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Same as this beginners workout on EXRX.NET

Its good to know that it works and its easy to do. I found it Fadis workout similar and just as good. I have lost weight and made very good strength gains. I should put in my new 1rm's soon. Very happy with them.

http://exrx.net/Workouts/WorkoutCard.xls

This is the same as allpros simple beginners routine on bb.com except he works up to higher reps and has a built in deload:
A Simple Beginner's Routine - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Same as this beginners workout on EXRX.NET

Its good to know that it works and its easy to do. I found it Fadis workout similar and just as good. I have lost weight and made very good strength gains. I should put in my new 1rm's soon. Very happy with them.

http://exrx.net/Workouts/WorkoutCard.xls

This won't work for everyone and I am proof of that.

I'm 83kg. I did stronglifts for a good 8 months, then moved onto the beginners program for 4 months.

I can now squat 140kg, deadlift 180kg and bench.... 75kg.

Yes my bench is so piss weak it's annoying to the point that I'm thinking of stopping altogether.

My chest just doesn't respond to 3x8 bench, and I just will not progress. Example one week I'd do 65kg 8, 6, 5.
Then next will be 7, 6, 6, 4,
week after 8, 5, 6, 4... and so on. It will probably take me 1-2 months to add 2.5 kgs and that will then feel heavy as shit.

Also I noticed my upper body (esp. chest, tris) rarely feels sore after doing the beginners program.

The only way I can get my chest/tri's sore for days is by focusing on them for 1 hour 1-2 times a week by doing:
drop sets,
heavy/forced negatives,
heavy flyes,
close grip bench,
dips,
using db's instead of bb...

This is how I believe I'd get my bench up. Not by doing 3x8 3 times a week which barely does anything for my chest.

The question is how to incorporate it into the current beginners workout, the simple answer is you can't. Which is a pity since my legs/back are still improving.

This won't work for everyone and I am proof of that.

I'm 83kg. I did stronglifts for a good 8 months, then moved onto the beginners program for 4 months.

I can now squat 140kg, deadlift 180kg and bench.... 75kg.

Yes my bench is so piss weak it's annoying to the point that I'm thinking of stopping altogether.

My chest just doesn't respond to 3x8 bench, and I just will not progress. Example one week I'd do 65kg 8, 6, 5.
Then next will be 7, 6, 6, 4,
week after 8, 5, 6, 4... and so on. It will probably take me 1-2 months to add 2.5 kgs and that will then feel heavy as shit.

Also I noticed my upper body (esp. chest, tris) rarely feels sore after doing the beginners program.

The only way I can get my chest/tri's sore for days is by focusing on them for 1 hour 1-2 times a week by doing:
drop sets,
heavy/forced negatives,
heavy flyes,
close grip bench,
dips,
using db's instead of bb...

This is how I believe I'd get my bench up. Not by doing 3x8 3 times a week which barely does anything for my chest.

The question is how to incorporate it into the current beginners workout, the simple answer is you can't. Which is a pity since my legs/back are still improving.

Having a crappy bench in relation to squats and deadlifts is not so bad.

How's your overhead press? Getting that up always gets bench up, too.

In many cases, an adjustment of technique can get people through a stall. Have someone qualified or experienced look at your technique.

Having a crappy bench in relation to squats and deadlifts is not so bad.

How's your overhead press? Getting that up always gets bench up, too.

In many cases, an adjustment of technique can get people through a stall. Have someone qualified or experienced look at your technique.