• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This program is more or less what i have been doing for the last 7months and i am getting close to the weights mentioned at the start.

Well i did get the program of markos so that could explain it:D

Last edited:
This program is more or less what i have been doing for the last 7months and i am getting close to the weights mentioned at the start.

Well i did get the program of markos so that could explain it:D

Thanks josh. It’s always good to know your are on the right track. I was going to start looking for a new program but after reading this I’m going to stick to it for another six months and then reevaluate.

Thanks josh. It’s always good to know your are on the right track. I was going to start looking for a new program but after reading this I’m going to stick to it for another six months and then reevaluate.

Results in 2 - 3 weeks? You are kidding yourself unless you are lifting the weights as stated in the first post and even then I wouldn't expect much.

What is your current program like?

what i meant was results in terms of progressing in weight lifted. at the moment im doing eric cressey's maximum strength and im half way through. i wanted to mix things up for a few weeks before finishing the other half.

Results in 2 - 3 weeks? You are kidding yourself unless you are lifting the weights as stated in the first post and even then I wouldn't expect much.

What is your current program like?

what i meant was results in terms of progressing in weight lifted. at the moment im doing eric cressey's maximum strength and im half way through. i wanted to mix things up for a few weeks before finishing the other half.

I don't see the point in doing a program if you are going to "mix it up half way through" that is not really the program is it?

What is Eric Cressey's Maximum Strength? Everyone has a "strength program" these days. I might write one and make some money. I am almost as strong as the stronglifts guy, minus 5 years of strength training.:D

I don't see the point in doing a program if you are going to "mix it up half way through" that is not really the program is it?

What is Eric Cressey's Maximum Strength? Everyone has a "strength program" these days. I might write one and make some money. I am almost as strong as the stronglifts guy, minus 5 years of strength training.:D

You should write it!

Funnily enough, of all the relatively experienced lifters on stronglifts.com, the founder is one of the weaker guys - as Markos amusingly taunts him about in his latest newsletter.

I'd point it out to him and ask about it - who knows, maybe he had injuries or something - but they banned me from their forums (no, they didn't say why, probably I asked too many questions).

You should write it!

Funnily enough, of all the relatively experienced lifters on stronglifts.com, the founder is one of the weaker guys - as Markos amusingly taunts him about in his latest newsletter.

I'd point it out to him and ask about it - who knows, maybe he had injuries or something - but they banned me from their forums (no, they didn't say why, probably I asked too many questions).

the cool thing (i guess you could say cool) is with beginners, almost everything works, some stuff more than others. with intermediate guys & girls, not as much stuff will work as with the beginners, but it's still a matter of plugging in the right stimulus.

Let's see an elite natural athlete do Eric Creseys strength program & see how he goes!

the cool thing (i guess you could say cool) is with beginners, almost everything works, some stuff more than others. with intermediate guys & girls, not as much stuff will work as with the beginners, but it's still a matter of plugging in the right stimulus.

Let's see an elite natural athlete do Eric Creseys strength program & see how he goes!

I did a search for that program and the only way I could get info on it is if I bought the book?

You are right Powerbuilder, but I think once getting into the 5 reps ranges, you need to have built a fair amount of strength first.

I did a search for that program and the only way I could get info on it is if I bought the book?

You are right Powerbuilder, but I think once getting into the 5 reps ranges, you need to have built a fair amount of strength first.

yeh i know i shouldn't mix it up but motivation was getting low and i wanted to try some higher rep stuff. Eric Cressey's maximum strength is 16 week program designed to get your lifts ups. 4 days a week, upper lower split. its in his book, good book. I like he's stuff.

yeh i know i shouldn't mix it up but motivation was getting low and i wanted to try some higher rep stuff. Eric Cressey's maximum strength is 16 week program designed to get your lifts ups. 4 days a week, upper lower split. its in his book, good book. I like he's stuff.