• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I can imagine dumbbells are harder to walk/run with because they hit your legs. Also can't really load them up like proper FW.

There's a flight of stairs where I workout, I grab a pair of dumbells and go up and down as many times as I can.

Theres a thread in here about making Farmers Walk handles but I just got two pieces of chain, cut two pieces of pipe as the handles and just threaded the chain through weight plates. Buy D-links or similar to link the ends of the chains.

No need to buy special shit.

No supplements are 'needed' for good progress although a good diet is. A lot of (very) strong guys just use protein, creatine and a good diet.

I've tried test boosters myself and found they've done little to nothing (at least nothing I noticed).

No supplements are 'needed' for good progress although a good diet is. A lot of (very) strong guys just use protein, creatine and a good diet.

I've tried test boosters myself and found they've done little to nothing (at least nothing I noticed).

Are you channeling Kyle?

I've been reading this thread for a while and i have a couple questions (sorry if they've been answered, i did read a lot of the posts just not all of them)

1. I have a shoulder injury at the moment and the physio and doctor said to do no overhead work for a while, should i drop overhead press out completely, or try to replace it with something similar which i can do (recommendations?)

2. seems like a lot of work in a week (specially on a caloric deficit), can i add conditioning into off days or is that too much volume, or try some light conditioning work and play it by ear?

cheers guys.

I've been reading this thread for a while and i have a couple questions (sorry if they've been answered, i did read a lot of the posts just not all of them)

1. I have a shoulder injury at the moment and the physio and doctor said to do no overhead work for a while, should i drop overhead press out completely, or try to replace it with something similar which i can do (recommendations?)

2. seems like a lot of work in a week (specially on a caloric deficit), can i add conditioning into off days or is that too much volume, or try some light conditioning work and play it by ear?

cheers guys.

1. Doctors and physios love to tell you to avoid stuff. Go by if it hurts don't do it. Do what you can do that doesn't hurt. I separated my shoulder and could still overhead press with no pain but couldn't do dips and flat bench. Just avoided those and now it feels strong and I can do them again.

2. You shouldn't really be training any different on a calorie deficit to normal calories. Add conditioning if you want. See how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.

Sounds like i'm the opposite i can do dips and bench but whenever i try to go overhead, i get instant pain. Maybe i'll add some dips to substitute for the overhead work.

Yeah my plan was to play it by ear and see how my body takes it. Just thought i would double check with people who know more than me :p.

Cheers.