• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Motivational Music

M

Mr Punyverse

Just wondering what everyone likes to listen to when working out .

I'll listen to just about anything with a preferance of hard / heavy rock / METAL aswell as most 80's / 90's music 8)

Here's a couple of favs

Greenday ( Dookie)

Metallica (any album )

Pantera ( any )

Midnight Oil ( any )

Chisell ( any )

& sometimes just sometimes the missus will put her dance music or whatevr it is on & i don't mind some of that either .

& yeah i love a bit of Eminem too .

I like heavy rock eg. Rob Zombie, Grinspoon. Electronica eg. Chemical Brothers, Presets.

I listen to JJJ radio, The only radio station I listen to, been listening since mid 80's.

Anything with a good heavy bass and beat.

MightyTriby.

For cardio DEFINATLY has to be trance. When i listen to good deep drance music, I can run\cycle around 30% longer whilst maintaining the same effort. It does wonders.

I read in a Health Magazine that people who listen to ther favourite music whilst doing cardio can go harder for longer.

For the gym, prolly anything thats going. Has to have a nice beat though.

i normally listen to ,Ministry of sound, good energetic music for a workout helps keeps me in the i mood

im a big time metalhead, so its usually static x (push it, black and white), metallica (fuel), mudvayne (dig, forget to remember, not falling), slipknot (left behind), system of a down (loney day, toxicity, chop suey) and stuff like that..
go metal!!!!!

Yep don't mind Grinspoon either 8)

& Ezzy i'm not a huge fan of System of a down , some of it's a bit out there for me , but i gotta admit to abso-friggen-lutley loving 2 of the songs you mentioned , when i hear'em i just have to play'em over & over again ....Lonely Day & Toxicity bloody awesome 8)

BTW Ezzy looking good bro !!

Thanx for all replies ;D

Go Metal!

Ezzy, your pretty ripped. ;D.

I'm not confident enough for a picture of myself, I think i look better with a shirt on.

MightyTriby

thanks mighty t and mr p :)
i stay pretty lean all year round. its a blessing and a curse... its easy for me to shred up, but very hard for me to put on bulk over the off season. beleive it or not, the pic was taken last week, so im not trying to shred... im busting my ass to put on more bulk.
its just genetics i guess... im weighing in at 71kg at the moment, trying to hit 74kg (or more if i can get away with it) by september so i can weigh in at 72kg or 71kg for comp weight in october

anything hard and heavy with a good upbeat

i don't take a mp3 player with me to the gym, so its whatever they have playing on the system which is mostly pop stuff, most of the time i don't take notice on what is playing ,

i used to listen to my mp3 in the gym, but i no longer do as of late. it has gotten in the way a couple of times.
i must admit that when i train i do block out all outer distractions, so gym music (usually stuff off channel v and mtv being played on the tv's in the gym) usually doesnt bother me...
unless its the spice girls, which popped up the other day :pyuk
or if a sexy video clip like gwen stefani or somone like that pops up ;) rests between sets become longer then!

The gym im at is heavily boxing orientated so i think ive probably heard every possible version
of EYE OF THE TIGER ::)

s3 said:
The gym im at is heavily boxing orientated so i think ive probably heard every possible version
of EYE OF THE TIGER ::)

Thats alright mate ,
one night at Karate my Sensei brought in a big stereo & yep , of course it was loaded with ' eye of the tiger ' ::). I tell ya it was one of the funniest times i've ever had , realy got the timing going but . :)

Needless to say , whenever i hear it i just crack up thinking back . ;D

ezzy said:
thanks mighty t and mr p :)
i stay pretty lean all year round. its a blessing and a curse... its easy for me to shred up, but very hard for me to put on bulk over the off season... im busting my ass to put on more bulk.
its just genetics i guess... im weighing in at 71kg at the moment, trying to hit 74kg (or more if i can get away with it) by september so i can weigh in at 72kg or 71kg for comp weight in october

Sounds very familiar Ezzy , i too struggle to gain weight !

Can i ask how long you've been doing weights & what weight you were when you started ??? ??? ???

BTW i like your ' rest between sets ' technique 8)

yo mr p...

ive been dieting and trainin consistently since january, but have been trainin and dietin on and off for about a year.
started off at 62kg roughly in may 07, but didnt get any significant gains until i started dieting and trainin consistently this year. weighed in this mornin at 71 and a bit

ive upped my weight gain aims a bit too... goin for high 70's
all natural too.

Pounding, techno music. Hard reverse bass, breakdowns, buildups, melodies and energy. Love it.

WOW ezzy your doin well then eh !!

You've made good gains in that time , nearly ten kgs , thats mad .

As for weight goals i hav'nt realy set one yet , think my main goal at the mo is to stick to this 12wk program .

Azriel - for those who are alive, atlas

Confession - chewed up and spat out, thats not the goose

Pig Destroyer - mapplethorpe grey, trojan whore, junkyard god

Parkway Drive, I Killed the Prom Queen and Evergreen Terrace also feature frequently on my Ipod.