• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Extreme military press

Go and pull 110kg as high as you can modo, then report back as to how much effort is required.

You'll answer your own question.

i know a lot of effort is required, it would take all the strength i have, but I am saying, from that picture his form looks horrific and as thought he should not even be trying to lift those weights or he could end up with a serious injury which he almost did.

I am saying that I agree with you on what you are saying about the two guys and how much better Nick is, from the pictures you have shown us you can see a difference in body shape, muscle mass, and even posture. Nick compared to Simon in my eyes wins hands down. I am just suprised at that picture and that guy.

Read the whole thread Modo.

It was a max effort and he was giving it his all. I almost fell over when I did the heaviest yet last week with a Power Clean, 70kg LOL!

I read the whole thread, the impression I am getting is it comes off as a bit of a ridicule to Simon, and that PTC is sorta saying not to do what he does.

Of course PTC is saying not to do what he does, do you think Markos would condone it? But on a day when you are going for your absolute Max, form can go out the door a bit. I would imagine the Power Clean would be easily the worst effected.

He's a wee bit stronger than your wanker modo.

He benches 170kg, powercleans 115kg, push presses 110kg, squats 170kg and deadlifts 250kg. He totals 801kg at Bash.

He deadlifts your ENTIRE total. He fell over trying too hard, how can you not get that. Try and pull 110kg to your belly modo, let alone your neck.

Actually, isnt your DL PB 110kg?

hahah... oh man... of course you wouldnt want to replicate it. its not a ridicule. it happened. his form was not good he just pulls it up with pure strength no form at all.
i bailed out of a 115kg clean attempt. me i didnt catch the bar properly on the shoulders i knew that so i just pushed it forward and bailed. it doesnt take much for it to go wrong.

no one who lifts intentionally goes out to get an injury

modo, a quick question, have you EVER done a powerclean?

I'm not being smart, its just that you seem to have no idea about what happened.

My palms sweat just looking at the pic :eek:

Well done to him on a good effort - getting up after almost being crushed by 110kg and then lifting 115kg, amazing! - and great lifts! I hope he can swallow his pride and clean up his technique (I wouldn't know, I'm just going on what Markos is saying) to minimise the chances of it happening again. Of course when you're maxing out things will happen from time to time, but... they can happen less, or happen more...

This is why I'm not powercleaning, I've not been coached in it, and don't want to get into bad habits I'll just have to unlearn later.

He's a wee bit stronger than your wanker modo.

He benches 170kg, powercleans 115kg, push presses 110kg, squats 170kg and deadlifts 250kg. He totals 801kg at Bash.

He deadlifts your ENTIRE total. He fell over trying too hard, how can you not get that. Try and pull 110kg to your belly modo, let alone your neck.

Actually, isnt your DL PB 110kg?

Yeah so what? I know I am weak, all I can do is work harder at it. BTW I can pull 120Kg to my belly i did it when I was doing some shrugs with this big guy at the gym who showed up once or twice.

you do realise there is no need to be so harsh or so personal don't you?

modo, a quick question, have you EVER done a powerclean?

I'm not being smart, its just that you seem to have no idea about what happened.

Yes I have done power clean but have not done so for about 2 or 3 years. I was doing 50Kg at the time, but was advised to stop because the gym I was training at thought they were too dangerous and advised me to stop as they did not want to be held responsible if anything did happen. and no I am not counting the bar, just to clear that up. to me it looks as thought he over swung the weight and his back and this made him fall backwards under the barbell. it is kind of obvious to piece together.

Modo, you need to learn how to read, really really quickly.

I didnt call you a wanker, I said YOUR wanker, the one you were decribing at your gym lol, I was comparing Simon to the wanker YOU were desribing.

Nice effort pulling that bar to your waist

Have you done a powerclean?????

haha if my gym ever tells me to stop powercleaning because its dangerous i would do this. " i will laugh at them, speak my mind, pick up my things and then walk to the front desk and cancel my membership"

Edit: forget it, I don't want to contribute to turning another thread into Modo's Issues.

Last edited:
haha if my gym ever tells me to stop powercleaning because its dangerous i would do this. " i will laugh at them, speak my mind, pick up my things and then walk to the front desk and cancel my membership"

which I did when I had a bench pressing accident, i went to rack the weight, and it bounced back out, blocked it from falling on my face with my left hand which ended up pinned up the barbell on the metal part of the bench, and it bled every where because as soon as I moved my hand from under the bar it went off, and so they wanted me to sign forms saying it wasn't their fault and was due to my own "misuse" of equipment, and requested i sign all these contracts... for me that was time to change gyms.

You got it wrong Brendon....GYMS never ask people to stop powercleaning, the Gay Palace does, Finance First does, Rack Curls does, but gyms never do.

Modo, you need to learn how to read, really really quickly.

I didnt call you a wanker, I said YOUR wanker, the one you were decribing at your gym lol, I was comparing Simon to the wanker YOU were desribing.

Nice effort pulling that bar to your waist

Have you done a powerclean?????

relax markos, i know you weren't calling me a wanker, i saw the "your".
and yes i replied, as you have seen.

which I did when I had a bench pressing accident, i went to rack the weight, and it bounced back out, blocked it from falling on my face with my left hand which ended up pinned up the barbell on the metal part of the bench, and it bled every where because as soon as I moved my hand from under the bar it went off, and so they wanted me to sign forms saying it wasn't their fault and was due to my own "misuse" of equipment, and requested i sign all these contracts... for me that was time to change gyms.

Now see, Simon would see that and say how can you mis rack 27.5kg, I use 170kg and get it right.

Now do you understand how ACCIDENTS happen modo?

You got it wrong Brendon....GYMS never ask people to stop powercleaning, the Gay Palace does, Finance First does, Rack Curls does, but gyms never do.

Here I can agree. Most franchise or wanna be gyms only allow people to do what is safe and wont cause injury, or only want you to use their specially patented machines to build the ideal body. I hate how most gyms have the saying "Perfection/fitness/health/The perfect body is a journey, not a destination!" and everyone there is doing their cardio, barbell curls, crunches, DB Lunges and machine chest press. They stop people doing things like squats or military press or power cleans because they fear being held completely responsible for that individual if they are injured. especially when many of the trainers themselves have never done any of them exercises in their lives.