• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Setting benchmarks

PTC

From day one of my involvement with forums and my gym, I have set benchmarks for lifters to attain.

The next milestones to be broken at PTC are

400lb bench (182.5kg)....current 374lb (170kg)
500lb squat (227.5kg)....current 473lb (215kg)
600lb deadlift (272.5kg)..current 586lb (266kg)

I would love these lifts done raw at PTC. The gyms only been operating 21 months, with most lifters novices when they joined, so I'm quite proud of their achievements. Its not like I had elite lifters walk in and set unattainable records.

At my first comp, the best squat was 145kg and only one guy benched over 100kg. It was a fun atmosphere, and most lifters set PB's. It was a success, I had 2 interstate guys fly in, and its been growing bigger every comp.

There are now 15 guys that bench over 140kg, and 42 guys that deadlift 200kg plus. I also have 15 guys that have squatted 180kg plus.

When the ns.com forum started, these figures appeared mythical to most. For starters most guys didnt squat and deadlift.

While 140kg benchers, 180kg squats and 200kg deadlifts may not seem impressive to seasoned powerlifters, do them at your commercial gym and watch everyone stare. Remember, if you deadlift 200kg at PTC, you are 43rd on the Honor board. Same goes with a 140kg bench, your at the bottom of the leader board.

As far as the new benchmarks go, Nick seems poised to squat 500lbs first, Simon will bench 400lbs first and Howie will deadlift 600lbs first......if things go to plan.

A funny thing about the Honor Boards at PTC is, one lifter, Marco from S.A, had visited PTC and had been doing programs he bought from me for around 12 months. He flew in from S.A simply to deadlift 200kg, get a pic, and have his name listed.

Sounds childish and silly, right. Let me tell you this guy would have NEVER deadlifted 200kg if it wasnt for the motorvation of getting on that board. He actually pulled 220kg. He had sent me his "program" prior to me writing one out for him. It was so wrong on so many levels.

24.jpg

He is just an ordinary guy who busts his ass. He used the boards as motorvation, and got the job done.

Set your own benchmarks if your gym doesnt have any. It may be the motorvation you need.

Every week at my gym I find out everyone's best lifts that week and print it out on a sheet and post it up. None of us are awesome, but it's nice to have some extra motivation.

Somebody keeps taking it down, probably someone with very weak lifts :p

Ive been going to a different gym while crossfits been closed which is pretty into powerlifting, the owner there has the Aus record for deadlift apparently (365kg raw) which after watching him rep 300kg I'd believe.

Pretty motivational right there.

Ive put some signs up at my desk at work, in my garage gym, in my bathroom and a few other places with things Im going to accomplish to remind me what Im aiming for.

" I will get 80kg overhead "

" I will get a 200kg deadlift "

" I have improved my fitness and shape "

" I will eat clean and not snack on **** "

etc. Little reminders help me alot.