• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
M

Matt5566

Hey everyone, names Matt and im 18 turning 19 in.. 4 days and I wanted to get some professional advice on my next goal i havent ever really seeked advice before just kinda gone with trial and error but yeah :)

Name: Matt
How long have you been interested in health/fitness? ive more or less been interested and concerned with my health/fitness since i was about 12/13
Favorite exercises? bikeriding, benchpress, running
Goal(s) you would like to reach? getting rid of my last stubborn layer of fat, i want to get ripped!!
Goal(s) you alredy HAVE reached? I used to weigh 107KGs when i was younger, i freaked out and got depressed as i was expecting the 80's and from that day on i ran and ran and ran, and ate minimum, i lost nearly 40 kilos, i now weigh between 70-75kgs, it seems to vary. however now im older and work full time with 30 mins traveling distance i seem to never ever work out or do any exercise, my diet is going really bad. and im fed up, im still not confident with my shirt off, i still have a tummy and ****ty man boobs. I want to be confident.

MOVING ON!! just thought i would put that in so u get a bit of a background.

Now ive recently decided im going to get of all my fat no matter what it takes and im going to feel good, however i would really like some help and I was thinking of weight loss pills. Now the have to do SOMETHING because otherwise there wouldnt be so many of them, lol.

So people who have used them or know a lot about them what is the best to use?

what really works?

who can help me!?!?!

For medicine, go to a doctor.

Here you will find advice about healthy diets you can keep up for a lifetime - as opposed to advice about diets you burn through in a few weeks and then give up on - and exercise.

You are asking us for a roadmap without telling us where you are or where you want to go. Specifically, you're asking for a drugs shortcut. We can't offer shortcuts past Hard Work Road.

We need to know,
  1. height
  2. weight
  3. neck and waist measurement (to get an idea of your natural frame size, and your likely bodyfat percentage)
  4. any health problems or conditions (eg asthma, had a car accident and got a knee reconstruction, etc)
  5. what is your current diet like, are there any things you cannot eat, or things you must eat (eg vegetarian, mum cooks, etc)
  6. where you are at fitness-wise, ie can you do at least 20 pushups, situps, inverted rows and bodyweight squats, and run 5km without stopping
  7. if the answer to the last question is "yes", and you have been doing regular gym work then what can you lift in bench press, overhead press, bent over barbell row or power clean, squat and deadlift
  8. what exactly are your goals apart from "lose belly and man boobs"
  9. do you have a gym membership, or if a home gym exactly what equipment do you have?
Once we know where you are and where you want to go, we can tell you a few different ways to get there. However, I can say now it'll boil down to, "lift heavy, get fit, eat good food and rest well."

They wont do anything for you if you aren't at least exercising and eating well. I don't know about the others here, but I work fulltime as well and have roughly the same amount of travelling time. Can't you go for a run or go to the gym at night or before work? Also what about your weekends?

There isn't a magic pill that replaces diet and exercise

Hey everyone, names Matt and im 18 turning 19 in.. 4 days and I wanted to get some professional advice on my next goal i havent ever really seeked advice before just kinda gone with trial and error but yeah :)

Name: Matt
How long have you been interested in health/fitness? ive more or less been interested and concerned with my health/fitness since i was about 12/13
Favorite exercises? bikeriding, benchpress, running
Goal(s) you would like to reach? getting rid of my last stubborn layer of fat, i want to get ripped!!
Goal(s) you alredy HAVE reached? I used to weigh 107KGs when i was younger, i freaked out and got depressed as i was expecting the 80's and from that day on i ran and ran and ran, and ate minimum, i lost nearly 40 kilos, i now weigh between 70-75kgs, it seems to vary. however now im older and work full time with 30 mins traveling distance i seem to never ever work out or do any exercise, my diet is going really bad. and im fed up, im still not confident with my shirt off, i still have a tummy and ****ty man boobs. I want to be confident.

MOVING ON!! just thought i would put that in so u get a bit of a background.

Now ive recently decided im going to get of all my fat no matter what it takes and im going to feel good, however i would really like some help and I was thinking of weight loss pills. Now the have to do SOMETHING because otherwise there wouldnt be so many of them, lol.

So people who have used them or know a lot about them what is the best to use?

what really works?

who can help me!?!?!

sorry, i think i came across a bit strong. I didnt mean to be so ignorant. I was mainly asking if i did exercise and ate well, if any pills would assist in weight loss. I didn't realise it wasnt discussed here, sorry.

to answer your questions (sorry im new)

1. height = 5"11
  2. weight = 74kg
  3. neck and waist measurement = dont have anything at the moment to measure i will get though
  4. any health problems or conditions = none
  5. what is your current diet like = there is no diet, fast foods, vegies, fruit, sweets, alcohol, its not good.
  6. are there any things you cannot eat = no
  7. where you are at fitness-wise, ie can you do at least 20 pushups, situps, inverted rows and bodyweight squats, and run 5km without stopping
  8. the answer to the last question is "yes", but i have no been going to the gym, and im not signed up to one, there arent any near by. But what i have at home is a bench which can inclide or decline, and dumbells.
  9. what exactly are your goals apart from "lose belly and man boobs" = i know this is a body building website, but my goal isnt really to become a body builder, well not yet. I really want a flat stomach/ definition, generally bigger muscles, not specificly anything, and seriously to fix my chest.

Discussing diet pills is not against the rules here, nor is as far as I know discussing steroids. Only discussing getting them without a doctor's prescription would be a problem.

It's just that with any drug, we're not doctors. We're just lifters and trainers. So we only give advice about what we know.

Get back to us when you can answer all the questions, so we can help you best.

I think we can say that it's good to clean up your diet.
  • no non-prescription drugs
  • no smoking
  • not more than six standard drinks a week, and not more than two in any one day
  • no junk food - that means nothing that only comes in a colourful packet, like potato chips, fish fingers, frozen pizza, mars bars, etc
  • LOTS of fresh fruit and vegies
  • LOTS of nuts and beans
  • SOME meat, fish and dairy every day
  • if you want to get overall bigger, eat more starchy stuff (bread, rice, pasta, spuds); if you want to get overall smaller, eat less of them.
  • you have four "cheat days" a month, where you can eat whatever you like; you have this because it helps get you through the other 26 days a month, and it's better to have 6 steps forwards and 1 step back than 20 steps forward and then give up.

sorry, i think i came across a bit strong. I didnt mean to be so ignorant. I was mainly asking if i did exercise and ate well, if any pills would assist in weight loss. I didn't realise it wasnt discussed here, sorry.

Sure Matt, there are pills that will speed the job. Some will make your heart race whilst speeding up your metabolism; whilst others can have you lose 1 pound of fat/day...and possibly kill you in the process!

I advice against both of these types of drugs only because I'm confident of being able to help you get in shape (just not as fast), that's all.

PS: Ah, nearly forgot Matt; you may find something of interest to you here:

http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8994-when-final-knockout-needed-stubborn-fat.html

[FONT=&quot]http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8995-fat-burners-actually-work.html

Fadi.
[/FONT]

there is no diet, fast foods, vegies, fruit, sweets, alcohol, its not good.

Fix the diet, train correctly, and the results will surely come.

It's not illegal to talk about weight loss pills here (I don't think), it's just that no-one here thinks they're any good. Weight loss pills are no substitute for a bad diet!

A quick fix will most often never last long and will never be permanent. It is about teaching yourself a healthy lifestyle of eating and drinking well, taking care of your body and excersizing.

Look at Fadi's 2200 calorie diet and start on his weights program.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, especially Fadi :) Your threads had lots of really interesting information and i learnt lots, I'm going to get some new running shoes today, kickstart the diet and get fit.

BTW to everyone else who pretty much said "metabolism pills as a quick fix wont work and cant substitute a good diet"

Thats not what i said, i said "with running every day, weights and a proper diet with proper vitamin intake, would using pills to increase heart rate or the like, help or improve results?" I have already lost 35kg's to date, im not looking for a quick fix, as Fadi would say I'm looking for a final knockout punch for stubborn fat. Its nice to see that he believed in getting me into shape and suggesting real advice. So thanks fadi.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, especially Fadi :) Your threads had lots of really interesting information and i learnt lots, I'm going to get some new running shoes today, kickstart the diet and get fit.

BTW to everyone else who pretty much said "metabolism pills as a quick fix wont work and cant substitute a good diet"

Thats not what i said, i said "with running every day, weights and a proper diet with proper vitamin intake, would using pills to increase heart rate or the like, help or improve results?" I have already lost 35kg's to date, im not looking for a quick fix, as Fadi would say I'm looking for a final knockout punch for stubborn fat. Its nice to see that he believed in getting me into shape and suggesting real advice. So thanks fadi.

For cutting stubborn fat, I try to use the following natural supplements... these are additons to a healthy and balanced diet with sufficient exercise..

- Green Tea - I use this for a metabolism kick start in the mid morning and afternoon. It also has a huge list of other benefits and I think this has a place in anyones diet.

- A morning coffee (black) is great to keep your metabolism pumping - most of the diet pills are heavily laced with caffiene anyway. ( but use this in moderation, I have one coffee per day)

- Zinc - Perhaps add some zinc tablets to your diet as well as your current vitamins

The above are just a few that I find work quite well for me.. hope that helps.

Oh also.. Hydroxycut.. the worlds best selling fat loss pill.. which is available in most health stores here in Australia is now banned in the USA due to a number of negative effects on the body, good to see something is being done about these dodgey pills!

Last edited:
- A morning coffee (black) is great to keep your metabolism pumping - most of the diet pills are heavily laced with caffiene anyway. ( but use this in moderation, I have one coffee per day)

Thank you for this information LJK23. Just a quick question if you don’t mind Sir; is you drinking this black coffee on an empty stomach first thing in the morning? Caffeine does facilitate fat loss there's no doubt. I just want to know about the exact timing and if there's something else in the stomach that will raise your insulin at that very critical "morning" hour?

I thank you for your time LJK23.

Fadi.

Thank you for this information LJK23. Just a quick question if you don’t mind Sir; is you drinking this black coffee on an empty stomach first thing in the morning? Caffeine does facilitate fat loss there's no doubt. I just want to know about the exact timing and if there's something else in the stomach that will raise your insulin at that very critical "morning" hour?

I thank you for your time LJK23.

Fadi.

Hi Fadi,

I do my cardio on an empty stomach at about 6am, Brekky following that ( Oats/whey etc)

Then approx an hour so later I have the coffee, taken in between my brekky and mid morning snack..

Though.. I was previously having caffeine before my morning cardio, whether it be from a quick green tea , coffee or a caffeine supplement.

Interested to hear where you were going to go with your comments? I might learn something useful..

Cheers

LJK.

Hi Fadi,

I do my cardio on an empty stomach at about 6am, Brekky following that ( Oats/whey etc)

Then approx an hour so later I have the coffee, taken in between my brekky and mid morning snack..

Though.. I was previously having caffeine before my morning cardio, whether it be from a quick green tea , coffee or a caffeine supplement.

Interested to hear where you were going to go with your comments? I might learn something useful..

Cheers

LJK.

Hi LJK,

Thank you for your reply. Re the cardio on an empty stomach and whether it's better or not; that is something that is still being discussed and argued back and forth between scientists as well as their followers. So wih that issue, I say do whatever makes you feel better in the way of energy and fat loss.

Now as to the caffeine issue; it's been proven scientifically that caffiene does increase fat breakdown and usage during exercise. It also helps one increase the intensity of the workout due to its ability to increase arousal and reduce perception of effort. That was the good news.

The bad news is that it doesn't do the "good" well enough. It does the bad really well. What's the bad? I've copied and pasted something for you to read, not to put you off coffee LJK, but rather to place the other side of the story before you and let you sit in judgement of it.

I'm 44 now. I've decided to give up both soft drinks as well as coffee and tea when I was a young boy of 15. That's nearly 30 years ago now. In 2009, I've decided to drink green tea but mainly white tea for its very strong anti-oxidant and mind calming amino acid L-Theanine.

Because I don't drink coffee, I can use it as a drug and it affects me in a very powerful way when and if an emergency arises. In one of my articles here on the forum called fat burners that really work, I've included caffeine in the mix. However that is understood to be for a short time and for a specific purpose. And most importantly, caffeine really acts as a drug when the person drinking it is not an everyday coffee drinker. Then, it has much more of a kick!

PS: If you after some real energy without the side effects of caffeine, then I suggest you take choline and inositol together. Trust me, the boost of mental energy (which controls the physical) won't be a placebo! There are many other items that will boost mind power.

Here's the document for you to read if you like LJK.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]CAFFEINE KILLS[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Okay, I know this article won't be popular. Most of us are so addicted to Caffeine that we don't want to know about it. I am writing this because when "Caffeine Blues" came out I just knew I had to read it. Several years ago I began to realise that coffee was much worse than we had been told, because I noticed that I got an arthritic pain in my wrist within ten to twenty minutes of a cappucino![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This book didn't just tell me how bad coffee was - it told me how GOOD I would feel once I was totally caffeine free for two months. Somehow, this book sold me on giving it a try. And it was right! For example, I no longer have the drained feeling that I sometimes used to get in the mornings.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is one of the best health books I have ever read. It is written by Stephen Cherniske who is a Clinical Nutritionist. "Caffeine Blues" is incredibly easy to read, and convincing. After reading it I realized that caffeine does NOT give us energy. In fact, it is a major CAUSE of LACK of energy.However, he explains that this drug is so powerful that one needs to go for three weeks to two months without any caffeine before one notices the difference. And how many of us have ever done that? Hardly anyone.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine is also a major cause of heart attacks and cancer. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As Cherniske waded through the tons of information on caffeine, he began to see that consciously or unconsciously nearly every researcher starts from the assumption that caffeine is okay. Why? Probably because they themselves depended on caffeine. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine is in coffee, black tea, green tea, oolong tea (wu-yi tea), 'decaffeinated' coffee and tea, chocolate, colas, chuppa-chups, many sodas, some drugs, most 'energy' drinks and guarana.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A 6 oz cup of:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Percolated coffee has about 120 mg of caffeine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black tea has about 70 mg of caffeine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Green tea about 35 mg of caffeine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leading colas 45 mg of caffeine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mountain dew 54 mg of caffeine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brewed decaf has 5 mg of caffeine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Milk chocolate has 6 mg per ounce[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Baking chocolate has 35 mg per ounce.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine is produced by more than eighty species of plants. The reason may well be survival. As it turns out, caffeine is a biological poison used by plants as a pesticide.[/FONT]
Caffeine is considered harmless simply because it is so widely used. Dr William Dement in his book "The Promise of Sleep" said that if caffeine was introduced today, it would not be allowed.

There is a brochure available in hospitals and other medical related areas: "What you should know about caffeine" published by the International Food Information Council (IFIC) in Washington DC. After many phone calls Cherniske finally got a list of 'supporters' of the IFIC. The list included Pepsi, Coca-Cola, M&M, Nutrasweet, Nestle and Hershey - all of whom have caffeine in their drinks and foods. 'Partners' of the IFIC included groups such as the National Association of Pediatric Nurses and the Children's Advertising Review Unit of the Council of Better Business Bureau Inc. This brochure says that "Caffeine is normally excreted within several hours after consumption". In fact, only 1% is excreted. The remaining 99% has to be detoxified by the liver.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It can take up to 12 hours to detoxify a single cup of coffee.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many studies regarding coffee and hypertension were flawed, because the test studies came off coffee for only one or two weeks. It takes many more weeks than this for stress hormone levels of the body to return to normal.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The 'half-life' of a drug is the time it takes the body to remove one half of the dose. Caffeine is a drug. The half-life of a single dose of caffeine ranges from three to TWELVE hours. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine puts your body into stress. A single 250 milligram dose of caffeine (the equivalent of about 2.5 six ounce cups of coffee) has been shown to increase levels of the stress hormone epinephrine (adrenaline) by over 200%.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine triggers a classic fight-or-flight reaction. The fight-or-flight response was designed for events that happened only occasionally (such as a lion chasing you). Now, we put our body in fight-or-flight every day with caffeine!!! Since we are in society, we don't respond in a fight-or-flight way. Instead, other things may happen. For example, sugar and fat get dumped unused in the bloodstream. The sugar creates more stress. The fat clogs the arteries. The digestive system slows or shuts down.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not only is caffeine addictive, it also encourages other addictions to substances like nicotine.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine does not give you energy. It stimulates your nervous system and adrenals. That's not energy, that's stress. Imagine going to a bank for a loan. The loan officer agrees to your loan. But as you leave the bank you notice the fine print - the loan has to be repaid at 75% interest! The 'energy' that you think you get from caffeine is really just a loan from the adrenals and liver, and the interest you have to pay is very high.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stress is a major factor in disorders such as anxiety, insomnia, depression, ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis, headache, hypoglycemia, asthma, herpes, hypertension and heart disease. And yet hospitals provide coffee and tea, which put your body into stress!!![/FONT]

DHEA is our vitality hormone. Decreased levels of DHEA is a cause of aging. Caffeine consumption leads to DHEA deficiency. Caffeine is an AGING DRUG!
Caffeine lowers the stress threshold in virtually everyone. That is, if you have had caffeine, it will be easier for you to suffer from emotional stress or other stress. (Therefore, when research is done that is designed to show how safe caffeine is, any test subject who is under significant stress is removed from the study).
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine is implicated in ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome: GABA is produced in the intestinal tract, where it calms anxiety and stress. Caffeine disrupts the normal metabolism of GABA. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine disrupts sleep. Deep sleep is CRITICAL to good health. When there's caffeine in your bloodstream, you are unlikely to experience deep sleep at all! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine AT ANY TIME of the day can cause sleep problems, especially if you are under stress.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Malnutrition is one of the most well-defined effects of habitual caffeine intake. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A single cup of coffee can reduce iron absorption from a meal by as much as 75%.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]People do not develop a tolerance to the anxiety-producing effects of caffeine. Rather, people simply become accustomed to the feelings of stress, irritability and aggressiveness produced by the drug.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine contributes to depression in well-defined ways. This is particularly due to the withdrawal effect, which can cause headache, depression and fatigue, even in light users (p. 111). Cherniske reported that 90% of people who came to him who suffered from depression and gave up caffeine completely for 2 months reported that their depression went away![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you are a coffee (or tea or cola) drinker, you may be thinking, "Well, I drink coffee and I'm not depressed." It's necessary to state that everyone is different, and also that depression can be subtle. Throughout the book, Cherniske suggests that you will never know the full effect the drug is having on you until you experience what life is like caffeine free (which takes two months to do). Over the years, Cherniske has heard similar responses from hundreds of clients: "Wow, I never realized that caffeine made me so (select one: anxious, depressed, irritable)."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Students the world over use caffeine not only to stay awake, but also they believe the drug will improve their performance on exams. Solid research, however, illustrates that as little as 100 milligrams of caffeine (one cup of coffee, two cups of cola) can cause a significant DECREASE in recall and reasoning.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When people are relaxed and given caffeine, caffeine does not raise blood pressure significantly. But how many people are relaxed? When people are stressed and given caffeine, blood pressure is raised significantly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Women who consume more than 24 ounces of coffee (6 moderate cups) per day had almost twice the risk of heart attack compared to non-coffee drinkers. Moderate coffee drinkers with high cholesterol had more than seven times the risk of heart attack, while heavy coffee drinkers had eighteen times the risk of non-coffee drinkers![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine depletes your supplies of thiamin and other B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caffeine increases calcium loss and risk of osteoporosis.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]n one large study, the risk for hip fracture for those women who consumed the most caffeine was 300% greater than it was for the group that consumed little or no caffeine.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Take the Challenge! Most people have no idea what life would be like without the background of caffeine and stress hormones coursing through their veins. Even if you're only having a few cups a coffee, chances are your personality is affected in ways that may be too subtle for you to associate with caffeine. I want to encourage you to conduct a trial period without caffeine. You owe it to yourself.[/FONT] And your family. It could save your life.

Don't' go 'cold turkey'. To avoid headaches etc. when giving up caffeine, Cherniske recommends taking up to six weeks to come off it. Drink the same NUMBER of cups, but each week reduce the strength or amount in each cup.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is lots more information in this very easy-to-read and highly interesting book. 440 pages. Read this book and you won't need to spend so much on supplements![/FONT]

UPDATES:
I have been truly amazed at the high number of 'scientific studies' that have come out since the publication of "Caffeine Blues" which supposedly show how chocolate and even coffee is good for us. I guess the chocolate / soda / coffee industry felt threatened enough that they had to pour money in to solve this new 'problem' of theirs.

As I read each study, I am reminded of the most memorable day during my Bachelor of Science degree at Sydney Universtiy. Professor Tony Underwood told our 3rd year Zoology class to get out one of our text books, and turn to a page which had a particular scientific study on it. He asked us, what had that study proven?

We gave the standard answers. But then the professor got all fired up and said, "No!". He explained how every scientific paper is set up to prove a particular point of view. But the truth is usually that you have to look at a particular problem from all angles. There were many, many other possiblities as to the truth of that study.

The same with these new 'studies' which appear to support caffeine. When you look closely, they will NOT say that caffeine enhances your health and long-term wellbeing. They will say something like a particular part of chocolate is good for you, but not all of chocolate, or that coffee helps reduce some particular kind of cancer - presumably because the person will be likely to get some other disease first instead. And they will ignore any other symptoms that may appear, especially long-term ones.
Remember, caffeine is an AGING DRUG.

Based on a book called Caffeine Blues which was written by clinical nutritionist Stephen Cherniske.

Fadi.

Last edited:
WOW.. Thanks Fadi, great article and reply... I might stick with the coffee/green tea for the remaining weeks of my cutting diet and then I will go without for a few months and put that article to the test.

Quite scary reading something like that...

Hey in regards to choline and inositol, when would be the ideal time to take these supps, I see that combined they also have strong fat metabolism benefits so this suggestion seems like a great addition to my cutting diet.

Would this best be consumed on an empty stomach before cardio and then perhaps pre workout in the evenings?

I have another question for you and I'm sorry for hijacking the original post, I do apologize for this and am happy to repost this question.

But Fadi, what are your thoughts on B-alanine?

Hope you can offer some advice on the above

LJK

WOW.. Thanks Fadi, great article and reply... I might stick with the coffee/green tea for the remaining weeks of my cutting diet and then I will go without for a few months and put that article to the test.

Quite scary reading something like that...

Hey in regards to choline and inositol, when would be the ideal time to take these supps, I see that combined they also have strong fat metabolism benefits so this suggestion seems like a great addition to my cutting diet.

Would this best be consumed on an empty stomach before cardio and then perhaps pre workout in the evenings?

I have another question for you and I'm sorry for hijacking the original post, I do apologize for this and am happy to repost this question.

But Fadi, what are your thoughts on B-alanine?

Hope you can offer some advice on the above

LJK

LJK (what's your name by the way?),

You've asked me about Beta-alanine. This baby is one of the magic tools we have at our finger tips. Seriously, with aids like this, who needs caffeine!

Beta alanine is great for your workout due to the way it boosts another essential ingredient that loves nothing more than to munch on the hydrogen ions caused by your muscle contractions. It boosts a molecule composed of the amino acids histidine and alanine called carnosine, or as I like to call it, the “HI muncher". OK, so why is that important you ask? It's because when the HI level raise, something in the muscles drops; that something is the pH level. The acidity in the muscle rises which goes toward slowing your workout down, endurance and intensity wise.

Carnosine thanks to B-alanine, goes on to restore the pH to its normal levels and hence enables LJK to blast through his workout. And since every single workout counts toward the bigger goal of being freaky, then one can not afford to have a lousy rep let alone a set or a whole workout.

I'd take 1g before and 1g after the workout. I'm not crazy about huge dosages with anything. If 1 or 1.5g works...then it works!

Nearly forgot, as for the choline and Inositol, 1g of each before your workout. Your mind will become clearer. I'm a great believer that if your mind is in the right place, then everything would have to follow. Always start with the central computer that controls all else!

Just so you know, don't believe the hype re choline/Inositol doing anything for your fat mass. It's your brain mass that these two chemicals work on!

Fadi.

LJK (what's your name by the way?),

You've asked me about Beta-alanine. This baby is one of the magic tools we have at our finger tips. Seriously, with aids like this, who needs caffeine!

Beta alanine is great for your workout due to the way it boosts another essential ingredient that loves nothing more than to munch on the hydrogen ions caused by your muscle contractions. It boosts a molecule composed of the amino acids histidine and alanine called carnosine, or as I like to call it, the “HI muncher". OK, so why is that important you ask? It's because when the HI level raise, something in the muscles drops; that something is the pH level. The acidity in the muscle rises which goes toward slowing your workout down, endurance and intensity wise.

Carnosine thanks to B-alanine, goes on to restore the pH to its normal levels and hence enables LJK to blast through his workout. And since every single workout counts toward the bigger goal of being freaky, then one can not afford to have a lousy rep let alone a set or a whole workout.

I'd take 1g before and 1g after the workout. I'm not crazy about huge dosages with anything. If 1 or 1.5g works...then it works!

Nearly forgot, as for the choline and Inositol, 1g of each before your workout. Your mind will become clearer. I'm a great believer that if your mind is in the right place, then everything would have to follow. Always start with the central computer that controls all else!

Just so you know, don't believe the hype re choline/Inositol doing anything for your fat mass. It's your brain mass that these two chemicals work on!

Fadi.
Very informative, thank you my friend.

I was wondering why you were holding back on writing about Beta-alanine...

Last edited: