• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
L

lazy

Lats my weak point, I have an easier time building my calfes than the lats. The problem is with cable pressdowns light weight doesn't work and heavie works more my arms to the point that I do very little reps and dont pull the bar all the way back.:mad:

For me, keeping an arched back helps a lot. Also, when pulling inline (lat width) I try and keep my elbows slightly behind or inline with my shoulders.

^^ Those as well!

What are cable pressdowns? When I googled it I could only find tricep excersizes. If you want big lats, lift heavy. Cable machines are not going to do much.

Dend lifts bent rows all you need..

Wide grip chins

You will find with compound exercises your body becomes balanced as opposed to wokring exclusive muscles to be a show pony.

Im not 100%certain but i highly doubt Konstantinovs sits on the lat pull down.

[youtube]aoiDwJJi9g8[/youtube]
[YOUTUBE]boLl8rGhJvE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
55 is a great effort, so much leg drive though. I think there is a name for the pull ups he is doing.

^^ Those as well!

What are cable pressdowns? When I googled it I could only find tricep excersizes. If you want big lats, lift heavy. Cable machines are not going to do much.

Lat pull downs sorry

Chins, all different types. A like wide grip weighted the best. I find a heavy weight and reps of around 5 work the best for me.

Chins, all different types. A like wide grip weighted the best. I find a heavy weight and reps of around 5 work the best for me.
I have been doing weighted chins for 5 reps, then dropping the DB and pumping out another 3-4 reps weightless, those last few are harder than the first 5 lol.

Chins are the best though, nothing works the back harder I think!

Thanks for the comments, yeah its just lats, my middle back is ok, I just want those wings like Franco.

yerp wide grip pull ups are great as for the lat pull down keep ya chest out, back in and shoulders back to really engage them

Franco could deadlift 700lbs, I think you'll find the deadlift will build your back better than those exercises you mentioned.

I did deadlifts for the first time in a while a couple of days ago, and my lats are now sore.
Can't remember ever getting sore lats from pull ups, chin ups or lat pulldowns.

Franco could deadlift 700lbs, I think you'll find the deadlift will build your back better than those exercises you mentioned.

With a back this wide you would think so :eek:

128404.jpg

Im still getting the hang on deadlifts, keeping my back straight thats why I'm starting with very little weight.

Regarding pull downs, is it the pull that builds the lats or is it more when you slowly release the bar?

The reason why I dont do pull ups yet is because I can't do one.