• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting psyched and staying psyched.

but i do train hard, and i have been training for 5 years, i am not just beginning. this is my point. something has to be up, the amount of effort i put in should have given me something to be proud of. instead it has bought me more anger and reason for people to bully me.

:rolleyes:
Cheer up we can't all be good at everything, what I mean is everyone has something their not good at, I do car racing and snowboarding but I suck at swimming and being sociable with others being an introvert sucks but there’s nothing that can change me and do you think I care what others think?
This reminds me when I was doing my apprenticeship in panel beating, I sucked at it and the opportunity do any work which I could learn was rare but I really wanted to achieve this, has time passed by I ate the bullet on my forth year, now I work in an accounting firm, looking back at all this I wish a never went to that **** hole panel beating crap.

Sorry to get all philosophical about this but you get my point? Don’t fill yourself with ate, let it go so you can focus on better this, then all the bad things in the past will turn into a vague memory.

Im not sure wether its a good or a bad thing, but thinking about the bad things that may have happend or what ever makes me angry is the best way to smash out hevier weights... I try not to this often but its a good way of venting... failing that MUSIC

Music for sure!, and also I agree with who said ufc that to psyches me up..
I guess too feeling energetic also helps a lot lately Ive been having a coffee (3x3) before a work out, and seeing as I dont normally drink coffee I find it helps a lot to.

clear your mind first off. think about what your trying to achieve, IF it is possible and IF its worth it. mix things up, if you know your going to do squats & your going to dread it- find an alternative or else your whole session will be of bad performance.
i cnt concentrate with music, it distracts me. i prefer hearing my thoughts & encouraging myself. maybe try that ?

Getting psyched and staying psyched.

Josh, to very quickly answer your question without getting deeply into it right now; take the word "staying" out of the premise of your question and you'll be a lot closer to being psyched at the right time.

We'll discuss it further later on if you wish.

Fadi.

I find that to focus myself on the workout at hand I need to go through the same routine leading up to the workout, i.e wake, protein shake, go on the computer, not think about doing any work and just relaxing, get in my car listen to music and then get to the gym - but one thing I have found is to not get to psyched up before the workout because it takes so much out of you.

Once at the gym between sets I let myself relax, but about 1-2 mins before my set i'll re-focus and put all my attention towards the lift - I have found that if you try and stay "psyched up" for the whole workout it takes away from your lifts.

Everyone is different but I think having a good routine in place is a good place to start.

I am super competitive so the best way for me to get phyched up is to find a person or a standard to beat. I love training with people stronger than me because they push me, I need competition to get the best out of myself.

I am super competitive so the best way for me to get phyched up is to find a person or a standard to beat. I love training with people stronger than me because they push me, I need competition to get the best out of myself.

Same I find I need a measuring stick to really get me to push harder.

Hey Nick, Simon and Kelly want you to join them on Tuesday or Wednesday night, I left a message at ns.com, are they strong enough for you?

music does a lot to help me get psyched, and other times i will just think to myself, how good will i look when in 2-3 months

music does a lot to help me get psyched, and other times i will just think to myself, how good will i look when in 2-3 months

That's visualisation in action. For a young man of 16/17, you're going to go places with a an attitude like that. Well done Chris.

Fadi.

the only thing that keeps me motivated is hoping I will get to where I want to. that is all. i just hope and hope and hope and think of how i want to be.

the only thing that keeps me motivated is hoping I will get to where I want to. that is all. i just hope and hope and hope and think of how i want to be.

That's visualisation plus hope! Nothing wrong with that at all Modo. Hope is what keeps the human race from extinction.

As my favourite writer the late Dale Carnegie have put it: Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

Fadi.

I have found myself completely non-competitive as of late. So working with someone else doesn't tend to help me.

I don't know what it is. Sometimes I'm just in the mood, so I try to stay as flexible as possible so when I get that super drive I got hit the weights.

But in saying that, I like to also keep to a regular schedule because that is when I see the best results and it is when you see a big change that you get even more motivated to work harder.

So basically, I don't know and am not much help hahaha

When i was doing my cut, I think that was one of the greatest mental challenges i faced. No alcohol, no smoking, no bad foods, caloric restriction, sleep on time etc.

The thing that got me psyched the most was going on facebook and looking at people of my past whether they were ex-girlfriends, guys who i had beef with, so-called friends that turned on me etc.... I saw their profiles and then said "I want to step my game up! I want to be better than them!".. the adrenaline just skyrocketted

It's not about hate. It's not about revenge.
It's about competition. Past vs Future.

Which category do you guys fit in.

Life in the fast lane
Or laid back with grace
Win, lose or draw
Its a dance not a race

OR

Performance of flair
Or one thats mundane
You get what you give
And some get insane