• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tactical Strength Challenge

or do a googel search as there is a website on the Tactical Strength Challenge.

Sorry about the first link, the TSC site gives a good explanation.

Interesting! I love hearing about challenges like this - thanks for posting. But the thought of weighted pullups makes me cry... hmmm, would negative weights count? :)

Afraid not. This is a great barometer for fitness. While it is popular amongst serious athletes as well as service people like police and soldiers who need this kind of fitness for their survival, it is also a great leveler. Big guys maybe very strong at deadlifts, whereas smaller fellas like myself may have an advantage on the pullups, not sure about the snatches as I am can do 200 with a 16kg and am working on snatching 24kg. Some people go to meets like or you can just apply it to your own training. For me its a good barometer. You are exercising strength, power and cardio.

I could think of better exercises to train strength - power -cardio, but I should speak to Rick about that.

Not one lift that requires power in those 3, just strength and cardio.

The deadlift is a grind, as is the chin, as in both lifts can be done slowly. A powerclean or BB snatch cant, hence they require power.The KB snatch uses momentum in that it doesnt replicate a BB snatch in any way, its a swing with a high finish. Great cardio move though, we do them in our cardio sessions at PTC.

I really should ask Rick why he chose those lifts. Assuming he did, since he owns AK.

No it didn't originate from Rick, it was from Pavel Tsatsouline, the author of "Power to the People" and many other strength and conditioning books. He is the man who introduced kettlebells traininig to the U.S. Aka the Evil Russian.

You mean REINTRODUCED, pretty sure they had seen KB's before, I have pics from the 1890's with KB's in one of my newsletters.

To those that are mystified by KB's, dont be. I love them and have had them for 5 years, well before they became popular again.

I really cant believe you need a certificate as a trainer to use them. They are simply an improved version of a DB. They dissapeared for years because people worked out it was better to have a handle with weights on the end, a DB.

While this is true, there are still some exercises where a KB is better.

So a KB is just a variation of a DB.

So why do trainers need ANOTHER certificate to use a modified DB.

Outrageous isnt it lol

Back on topic, I love Pavel, but this really lacks a press and leg strength

I agree. I was going to get a Kettlebell registered. There are so many companies offering courses. I don't think they are overhyped as a cardio tool. Many people use them where there is very little equipment or they simply want to train at home.

Dont get me wrong, I love them, my PTC logo is a KB, its just that some make them out to be something theyre not.

Certifying PT's in KB's is like certifying chefs in boiling water.