• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need help with office lunches

great post LJK, thanks for sharing!

I couldn't do what you do though. Take only TWO meals to work? I'd be starving by 3pm lol. I need my 3 little containers :D

great post LJK, thanks for sharing!

I couldn't do what you do though. Take only TWO meals to work? I'd be starving by 3pm lol. I need my 3 little containers :D

That didnt include my lunch..... im lucky to be close to china town... everday i pop over for steamed chicken, steamed veggies and rice ( when needed)

all for $7.00... sometimes get double serve of chicken.. ;)

The other two are the snacks i actually bring to work, i also have a tub of almonds which I have with my morning snack...

Plus a couple of green teas during the day... never hungry :)

Nice :) I love the cheap Asian food shops.

I think I can beat you though - if you buy your lunch at 2-2:30pm or later, you can get half price (eg. $3.50) for a takeaway container of rice, vegies, meat, and sometimes a fried egg!!

I've got this big rounf 'tupperware' type bowl with a lid which I like to put in some fresh veges like baby pak choy, some beans or snow peas, bean sprouts mushroom ect, and some chicken if I have some. The only thing that needs to be pre-cooked is the chicken. When it's time to eat I just put some two-minute noodles in add hot water from the kettle and nuke them for two minutes for the easiest meal ever.

I try and use some asian type noods from asian supermarkets, I find that they seem to work better for this kind of meal than the old maggie noodles.

im with you LJK23 - $3.50 for 185g tuna + $3.50 for a bag of mixed lettuce - if you're working in the city like me lunch is usually $10+, prepared in a kitchen that i don't know / can't see the cleanliness of / and is extremely unhealthy!

$7 for lunch is still expensive (personally)!

I generally take last night's leftovers in to work everyday, much more appealing than tuna and lettuce.

I usually make up my lunch the night before with a sandwich consisting of grilled chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grilled capsicum, beetroot, onion and carrot. The sandwich alone fills me up, but I also take a handul of nuts, and a piece of fruit. I might also just bring a can of tuna to nibble on as a snack. I also make up a salad (i buy the coles salads in packs) to that I add some nuts, avocado, tomato, onion, low fat sundried tomato, and some balsamic vinegar as dressing.

The key it to be organised and plan your meal out.

i cook up 2-3 days food at a time.
i usually by chicken thigh fillets and cook them in oven with a honey soy marinate, then i buy boroccoli, zucchini, carrot, cauliflower and cook those. put into 6 containers. and then theres 3 days of lunches while at work. meals 2 and 3.
and then i keep a few tins of tuna spare in my cupboard at work.