• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
L

LJK23

So 5 weeks into a cutting diet.. have had the occasional low grade cheat meal, steak etc

Yesterday thought I would reward myself with a dirty meal for the AFL grand final lunch with the boys..

Chicken Parmi/Parma, Chips and beer...

Tasted amazing!! Couldnt believe I had gone 5 weeks without something that tasted this good!!

Couple of hours later, stomach pains started, started to feel sick and yep... the body rejected the meal... have never felt like that from eating food before..

Jumped straight back on the chicken and broc and the body now seems to be in order again...

The booze hit me quite quickly too, had to stop drinking after only a couple of low carb beers... ( was the plan anyway)

Has anyone experienced this before? Will it happen again!?

I think I will choose less fatty foods for my cheat days , just not worth it..

At least its got me back on track....:)

Your body is just not used to it as you have been having such a controlled diet.

Strange you feel **** after drinking poison..

Who would of thought.

Your body would of been in a totally detoxed state.

And then bam poison..

Last edited:
Beer shouldnt be part of a cheat meal. Thats the first i have heard of this

i dont think it was the food, i would say it was the beer. alcohol regardless of cheat meal or not should not be included in the diet of someone who trains.

Id say it was the beer too. Same thing happened to me after about 10 weeks on a diet probably similar to yours at the end of it, got through a few UDL's then a beer and I couldnt finish the beer, made me sick.

I have never had that reaction.

I would so it was probably some dodge parma.

Seriously, alcohol may be a mild poison, but your body can process it. If it was so bad, everyone would get that feeling the first time they try a beer or wine and never drink again. Then logic would state the more you have the worse it would get. But it doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not vouching for alcohol here, but LOTS of people tend to jump on the anti-alcohol wagon in an almost extremist way and will really focus on it, when odds are it's probably not the cause. Especially if you only had a couple.

But also being at the AFL grandfinal, it could have been anything mate. Lot's of people out in public (where ever you were). Lots of bacterial on lots of surfaces.

If you touched the bar, caught public transport or used a toilet, then you have put your body at a much larger risk than having 2 beers.

Yeah i think it was a bit of everything... thanks for the feedback,

Yes i agree that booze should be left out whilst dieting... though if need be it could be included into a cheat meal if it is factored in to ones calorie intake for the day, time of consumption etc etc

Dont get me wrong the negatives out way the positives ,but imo if need be a drink or two during a diet cycle will not "completely " stop or hinder results..

For some, a simple beer or two included into a cheat meal once every few weeks may be enough to keep them dieting for many more weeks.. and over that time I'm sure the results would be the same..

my two words anyway..

So no drinking ever?

That was such a nonsense conclusion. Drink UDLs but not beer and only drink when not on a 10-12 week diet?