• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplementing Specific Amino Acids & Herbs

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
Ok i just wrote something big left the room came back posted it said i wasnt logged in asked me to log in i logged in then it came to this page as blank. ARGH!! :mad::confused::mad:

Anyway, we all know how wonderful amino acids are they are the basis for what we do and for life itself and should all be in abundance in our diet.
Not only am i looking for benefits inrelation to powerlifting/strongman/bodybuilding but general life as well.

Has anyone had any positive benefits from supplimenting specific amino acids, herbs and the likes. No doubt all would have benefits but some times the cost doesnt warrant the benefit.

L-Glutamine and BCAA's im sure we can all agree make a great addition to whey and our daily regime.

I have no problem admiting that I unfortunatly suffer from panic disorder and as a result the only known treatment at this time is SSRI's. These drugs also posess like everything side effects but you have to outweigh the good and the bad. One such side effect is decreased sexual performance. Im sure a few people on here suffer the same fate.

I started supplementing L-arginine with AAKG also added ginseng ginko ginger zinc and green tea to the mix of daily and myself and my partner have noticed an incredible difference and i reccomend this combo to anyone taking SSRI's or just for general wellbeing.

I am now looking at supplimenting Tryptophan It is most abundant in eggs (another reason why eggs are a superfood and must be consumed by everyone in enormous quantities!)

What have you guys found to add benefit to your lives and noticed a difference from in regards to specific amino acids, herbs and food sources.

We can focus on Fat / Carb / Protein but we forget about simple things like roots that can have dramatic health benefits. I bought a book (a few actually) and have found so much information regarding things that the majority of us would not think to suppliment. Will post when i return home.

Read more into it and wont be able to use it. taking these with ssri's can cause serotonin syndrome an overload that is toxic to the brain and can result in death :(