• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

track riding weight

gtrb26dett

Hi all,

well I work in the racing industry and do track riding. I have just recently wanted to start doing some races. My boss wants me no fatter then 51kilos. Better for the horse to have less weight and there are also some weight restrictions.

I'm currently 53.7kilos, what is the best way to lose the weight and keep it off???

My dad was a horse racing and trainer jockey for Yeeeears. I'll ask him tonight and get back to you.

Are you apart of the brissy scene?

Last edited:
Hi all,

well I work in the racing industry and do track riding. I have just recently wanted to start doing some races. My boss wants me no fatter then 51kilos. Better for the horse to have less weight and there are also some weight restrictions.

I'm currently 53.7kilos, what is the best way to lose the weight and keep it off???

I am a harness racing stablehand, my mate is a trainer.

I remember one year one rider getting down to 47.5 to ride Miss Finalnd in the cox plate, that was crazy, might have been bossy or someone. The NZ chick who rides well, she rides at about 47 kilos.

They reckon you never want to be too light or else your carrying dead weight in the saddle bags, yet if your carrying the weight on the person, its dynamic and moving with the horse.

I reckon if your a female, you'd want to be down at atleast 48/49/50.

Discipline Katherine. Whether its horse riding, body building, modelling or powerlifting, bodyweight goals are all reached the same way, discipline.

Nina reduced from 62kg to 58kg to compete at the Nationals. She did it with a severly restricted diet, supplements and KB cardio sessions. She simply ate 5 tiny meals a day, drank zero calories and performed plenty of heavy cardio sessions. She needed to maintain her strength as well, which made training tricky, but not impossible. She made 8 of 9 lifts on the day, so she was succesful.

Maintaining an unatural bodyweight is trickier, and not much fun. Nina is attempting to get to 56kg now, she is mad.

Good luck Katherine.

Well i asked my dad, I dont think I will repeat what he said. The sort of things he said they did back then were alittle old school and definately dangerous to your health.

Doesnt your track/turf/jockey club have a health advisor? or can you talk to a race jockey for advice?

Safe Riding!