• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

Annie did shrugs with 150kg tonight.

Elissa did a hang clean with 55kg.

Nina did 10 x 10 in the bench press with 40kg...60sec rest

Last night Elissa push pressed 50kg x 2

Today Vicki rack pulled 140kg @ 60kg

Annie bench pressed 62.5kg and powercleaned 62.5kg on Tuesday night

Last night we did FULL CLEANS, they were fun... but god my wrists got sore after the 1st few, gotta work on them! Then front squats to help us with the full cleans, I'm never know how to throw the bar off when I can't get back up... I think I need to stop being a lady in the gym!! lol.

What exactly is a full clean? I take it by your post that it is when you get right down under the bar and front squat it up?

You catch the bar lower, therefore not needing to pull it up as high, therefore pulling more weight. As long as you are strong enough in the front squat, should be no problem

Check Fadi's sig, look at his front squat.

Max has started working hard on his front squat, he managed 140kg this week, double bodyweight.

I am going to train my Front Squat harder now, hopefully it will help out my Power (Full) Clean.

I know this is not the thread for it, but what sort of tips can you give for the Full Clean?

Start by performing a powerclean, then sink into a front squat.

Keep trying to catch the bar lower and lower.

Some of my clients have stated that by cleaning off blocks or pins setting the bar knee high, they found it easier to drop into a full clean position.

As long as you can front squat correctly, you'll be able to full clean with a little practice.

Annie, Elissa and Nina were doing it last night.

163.jpg

Vicki with a 110kg deadlift

161.jpg

Looks cute and probably deadlifts more than me now... i'm deeply disturbed by that image at this point in time.

I like the way she looks so relaxed with it, like she could flip it on one shoulder and walk home.

And then Markos in the background noting everything on his clipboard. I suppose he can't remember all those lifts off by heart ;)

Tonight Carolyn squatted

30kg x 20
40kg x 20
50kg x 20
60kg x 10

Her PB was 55kg x 1

She squats ATG, nice progress.

I had a new girl start up last night.

She has never touched a weight before in her life. She is a little overweight.

She displayed perfect form on all lifts, great flexibility, easily got in position.

Bench press 35 x 10
Squat 40kg x 10
Deadlift 80kg x 5
Thrusters 8kg x 10 x 2 sets
Cannonballs 16kg x 10 x 3 sets

Thats a pretty good start from a novice.

She has got some of the worst nutrition information from an Obesity Proffesor. This guy must have had a labotomy. She is nowhere near obese.

Obese people cant bench empty bars or squat their own bodyweight to a bench. I know, I've had a few at PTC. Annie has lost 15kg at PTC. This new girl would maybe be 15kg overweight.

Dr Labotomy has her on 600 calories per day, told her if she doesnt lose weight on this diet she will have the lap-band procedure.

There is no exercise in her plan from Dr Labotomy.

How does someone so clueless get in the position. For breakfast she is only allowed a processed food bar, no real food.

This poor girl.

So this obesity expert provides no exercise plan, just a ridiculously low nutrition plan.

Luckily one of her girlfriends trains at PTC.

I may do a whole newsletter on this moron. I've asked the girl to take # 37 of my newsletters to his office.

Would love to debate Fat Loss with this idiot. He probably doesnt even acknowledge a difference between fat loss and weight loss.

If this girls catches a whiff of one of my farts she will go over her calories for the day.

One of my wife's girlfriends recently had lap band surgery. Do you reckon she had to show any evidence that she had attempted any exercise or good diet. Apparently she even told the doctor that she new she was too lazy to succesfully lose weight through diet and exercise.

When I was told , I thought the whole thing was pretty ordinary. When I was told it cost her nothing because the public health system picked it up I went bananas that someone who owns up to doing nothing but sit on her arse, drink 2 litres of coke a day and eat crap can have tax dollars spent on this rubbish.

If it wasnt so funny it would be scary.

These guys are proffesionals.

I'd love Dr Labotomy to respond to my newsletter, although he wont, because I have no initials after my name.

I reckon I'm going to go with

Markos Markopoulos PTC, HTFU, LOL

Was the doctor a GP? GPs often get a bit beyond themselves and go outside their standard of care, or what the seppos call "scope of practice."

A GP is not qualified to prescribe a diet plan, anymore than they are qualified to perform open thorax surgery, or give a massage, or do rehab after a knee reconstruction. Detailed meal plans are a dietician's job.

Lap band surgery is an abomination. Taking a perfectly healthy organ and deliberately cutting off half or more of its function is just wrong. Cutting your stomach in half because you eat crap food is like cutting half your foot off because you wear shoes too small for you. The organ is fine, what you're putting in it or on it is the problem.

Good luck to the woman who went to PTC, I hope you train hard and eat well. I don't care if your bum is big or small, only if you're healthy - good exercise and good food can achieve that.

Markos isn't a dietician, either, last I heard, but his advice will certainly be better than the advice she has had so far. Bloody hell, there are high school kids who just did nutrition in Home Economics whose advice will be better than that.