• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female deadlifting

;-) haha.

It's a case of Schrodinger's cat! We won't know which of us is right till Chussen comes back and clarifies things.

Thanks to all that cleaned this thread up, and congtats Katie on being made a mod.

I may start a thread describing how I train the girls at PTC. Not directly advising someone what to do, merely to give some of you girls what others are doing.

You are definitely in the minority in gyms and dont get to witness that many female lifters.

It will not be advice, so no need to attack me, just something to read.

till Chussen comes back and clarifies things
I will have to ask some one at the gym tomorrow. It is written in white pen on the ends of all the bars with plates. They write the number on the plates. They start at say 30 & go right up.....

110 feels quite heavy to me, I do 12 reps just. It's probably only 50 kgs tho. I will get back to you.

No worries, Super Moderator. ;-)
OMG - Katie I saw that your name was in red below today & was curious:confused:. Hey Congratulations Girl!

12 reps with 110kg is fairly hefty!!

I was thinking possibly 50kg's, not trying to take anything away from you Chussen! I just don't get why any gyms in Australia would use lbs instead of kg's?

I may start a thread describing how I train the girls at PTC. Not directly advising someone what to do, merely to give some of you girls what others are doing.

It will not be advice, so no need to attack me, just something to read.

lol..Please start this thread markos, I would appreciate your advice.

There is no way known it's 110kgs, but I am pretty sure it's 50-55kgs. Upright rows today were on a 50, so I am safely guessing they were really 25kg as it wasn't that heavy.

Thanks for that PTC, I'm inspired now.

Go for it Josh (and Meg)!

Ummmm, Josh, the heaviest I've ever deadlifted is 40kg. I know it's not a lot, but try doing 50 reps, I was buggered by the end.

That said, I did pick up a 40kg and a 32 kg KB the other day, and that wasn't too bad, I wonder if I could deadlift 60-70kg. I'll report back soon :)

Katie,
How have you been going with your deadlift??? Any improvement???

Wow, I remember this thread!

Thanks Annie... My DL is 80 kg x 5 right now. My sig says I started training in May, but that was useless split routine stuff (and definitely no squats, deadlifts at all).

I only really started doing compound lifts since September, except I had a month off due to exams and getting sick, so... yeah... going to need more consistency if I'm going to turn up to BATB4 and not get wiped out by you and bec!

I would also love some information on increasing my deadlift. I have only been deadlifting for a short while but would appreciate any advice on how to increase my weights.
Aqua

put more weight on each end and pick it up.

Even if its just 2.5kg increments at a time.

Some more info on what youre current 1RM and what your sets look like would be helpful too.

I would also love some information on increasing my deadlift. I have only been deadlifting for a short while but would appreciate any advice on how to increase my weights.
Aqua

the best thing i ever did for my deadlift was 20 rep squats.

aqua, you havent exactly given us much to go on.

I know your in your 40's, weigh under 60kg, but I dont know how tall, how much you pull or equipment availibility.

I have lifted 105kg in a comp before but I feel its not the best I could or can do. I am only 150 cm or 4'11" so I am reasonably short. I currently train at my local gym but other than the Olympic bars and weights there is not a lot of equipment available for powerlifters.
Aqua

Your a midget lol

You may not have the best levers so it may end up being your worst lift.

I know you have benched 80kg and my wife has benched 81kg, same weight and age as you, her deadlift is her worst lift as well. Both of you may have short arms.

She can squat 125kg but her best deadlift is 127.5kg, raw, no belt.

She is strong from the knees up, but struggles from the floor.

Currently she is doing rack pulls and deadlifts standing on a block, try that.

On another note, Jordy is my youngest female client, this morning she deadlifted 100kg @ 14yo

I am not about to give up on increasing my weights for my deadlift. Just because I am short does not mean that I do not hae the capacity to lift heavier. I have only been deadlifting for a short time and I really don't train for deadlifts specically.
Aqua

Your a midget lol

You may not have the best levers so it may end up being your worst lift.

I'm pretty sure you didnt understand a single word I wrote.

Understood and yes I agree this might be my worst lift. I will admit I am my own worst critic when it comes to my lifting. Time and technique will tell.