• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pumping Iron

T

Tekkerz

A friend of mine loaned me this DVD today because I hadn't seen it before.

Superb film.

To see Arnold in his prime is such a treat, and to get an insight into his mind and the training he and the other stars of the film go through to be the very best is truly inspirational.

The rivalry between Arnold and Lou Ferigno was interesting to see also, I wasn't aware of that before this.

If your DVD has the extras on it, you should watch them.

Basically, they wanted to make an entertaining story. For that they needed rivalry, a hero and a villain. Originally, Ferrigno was to be the villain. The problem was that he is just too nice, despite being like eight foot tall and half a tonne, he just wasn't a plausible villain. Likewise, Arnie had never messed around with Franco Columbu's head - they had a business together, after all.

So they turned it around and made Arnie the villain.

If you've not got the extras on your copy, some of them are on youtube.

[YOUTUBE]vXQ2HELtIoY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]U0A1CZ2XJXM[/YOUTUBE]​

It's a good insight into the training and the whole atmosphere of the time, but it's a movie, not a documentary ;)

Looks like this DVD has different extras, so thanks for the link.

Haha, I thought some of it seemed a little forced, or put on for the camera. Funny that both of them went on to star in hollywood films, although IMO hollywood is more of a personality cult than a gold standard of acting.

Its the special anniversary edition. Lots of extras. Like Kyle said though, movie, not documentary. Arnold did go to his dads funeral blah blah blah

The training and the physiques though were tops

This stuff had all come out before. I originally saw the movie around 20 years ago, and have few different copies on DVD, as well as buying the book 20 years ago.

Pumping Iron 2 was about the ladies.

A great Mocumentary though! It really makes you want to train hard.

I love the way Franco Columbo moves the ass end of the car around so it can get out of the parking space.

i watched this for the first time the other week, i thought it was a documentary lol. i wondered why Arnold came off as such a prick!

The best scene is where Ken Waller steals Mike Katz towel

They should make a movie just about that

It would be like a mystery/drama