• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What weight do you count?

L

-LJ-

I was just wondering.

Say I load two 15kg plates onto a bar and the bar weighs 20kg. Do you say I lifted 30kg or is it the plates plus the bar making it 45kg?

This topic has been discussed recently in a thread called - Do you count the bar.

None of your answers are correct !!!
You would be lifting 50kg.

Oh man I fail at maths...

I will search that thread thanks for your help Hulk!

Lol @ 45....

I always include the bar as well as the weights. It's the correct thing to do if your using a unit of weight as your measurement (i.e Lbs, kg etc).

Count the bar.

End of story.

We don't want to see this turn into a massive thread like the other "counting the bar" thread!