• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Channel 7's Gladiators

Did you enjoy the show?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• Did not watch it

• Refuse to watch on principal

• Total voters
*sighs* and here i was hoping for you 2 to dual it out , had the platforms and pugil stick all set up ready to go

to much body protection, not enough blood

Ill keep watching it though for 2 reasons:
Destiny and Angel!
Thats enough to keep me tuned in every Sunday night!!

Hey Guys

Its not a bad show, but it is a bit stupid trying to give them alter egos like pro wrestlers for a show of strength and endurance, i heard from my old trainer that the try outs for the show were a load of crap too, obviously they would not use people that were half chewed sandwitches, but he said that were really picky as in not always picking the fitter and stronger challengers, i.e make for more compelling TV.

An hell yeah the chicks are hot I've got a issue of ZOO here that has them as dress pressed and mmmm Bionica.

Train hard as always

makes sense not to pick the fitter and stronger challengers, for a tvshow anyway , can't have the big mean gladiators getting there asses kicked , once in awhile you do need someone to kick ass just to keep people hanging on

Yeah true, but it was funny when i watched it the other week and that Amazon was talking the Smack about how good at the Gauntlet she is, and then this chick run right past her, was a pearler me thinks.

My dad said that one of the Colonials at his work tried out, but they rejected him because he absolutely thrashed all the gladiators. any challenge they put him in against one it was over in seconds.

Heath and Safety has taken over take a look at the old series of Gladiators, and all the contestants wore were elbow guards, knee guards and a half-head padded helmet

Now they've got full shoulder pads chest plates and fully enclosed helmets.

mattyk said:
Yeah true, but it was funny when i watched it the other week and that Amazon was talking the Smack about how good at the Gauntlet she is, and then this chick run right past her, was a pearler me thinks.
would've liked to been in the audience holding up a post with "OWNED" written on it in big bold text

I understand that saftey of all involved is paramount, but its bad enough we have to watch footy where a guy can't even have a punch on anymore, whats this world coming too????

Which Gladiator would your Owned sign be for????

Or was that not what it was meant for?

i suppose its just the same as watching the wwe/wcw/ecw , as long as you remember it for the entertainment value not the competion value

I grew up watching WWE/WCW it was the inspriation for me to start training, as a result i dropped 55kgs its pretty korny but seeing guys built like that made me reasile that with hard work and commitment anything is possible, so i do agree watching it for its entertainment value for sure, and made a few people might find insperation from it.

Also, a friend of mine went to a show of it, and it's apparently all staged. They do several takes on each challenge till they get that "perfect" one.