• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BoyFromAus

If we see a healthy or sort of healthy fast food, let's post it here with the nutrition info,the price and taste in your area.

I'll start.

Subway 6 inch Roasted Chicken with Double meat, no cheese.

Protein: ~40g
Carbs: 38g
Fats: 4.4g

Price: $7.75 per six inch or $12.55 for the footlong (inc double meat)

Food that is fast to prepare and has good nutrients for us? Hmmm....

Milk, $1.08/lt, $0.27 per serve
Bananas, $2/kg, $0.50 per serve
Almonds, $8/kg, $0.80 per serve
Peanuts, $6/kg, $0.60 per serve
Apples, $2/kg, $0.50 per serve
and...

...no?

:p

My fav 'fast' meal lately have be 2x tins of Tuna.

170g serving
32g protein
8g carbs
4g fat

Rip the lid off, fastest meal you can get :)

Although, that subway sounds pretty good, the numbers aren't bad, although I know this site is 100% anti Subway, so I'll leave it at that.

Local chicken place makes a marinated grilled chicken breast. I get 2 of those for 6 bux with a baked spud.

I buy my "fast food" from the supermarket if I'm caught out!

1 x 425g can of tuna
1 can baked beans

Mix and consume!

Check out this interesting read. Joe Bonington Fast Food Excuses

Now I am not trying to start another argument on fast food - I have been known to eat those cheap wraps at Macca's if I feel hungry and need to keep fuelled up till I get home. I just thought the link was interesting (had it emailed to me)

I got told by a friend not long ago to try:

1 can of stagg chilli
a handful of potato gems

mix together, coat in cheese and heat up/melt.

lol

I know its not healthy but stagg chilli nachos is really delicious

Has anyone heard of those Trident soups? they are pretty plain on their own but if you just add some baby bok choi and some mushrooms and/or chicken breast, then add hot water and nuke for 2 mins in the microwave it makes a decent meal. The only thing you need to pre-cook is the chicken

Last edited:
On a different level Rasika: I've learnt long time ago that fast and health don't mix very well together.

Fadi.

Ran out of food by 3pm (raging appetite today), so I trotted down to the local food court and bought a takeaway box of chicken, fried egg, rice and vegies for $3.50. Sooo good. The trick is to go around this time, they're flogging off their leftover lunchtime takeaway boxes for half price!

Man I am hungry sitting at my desk right now! Can you email me some?

All I can email you is the picture of the empty container!! Mmm, all digested. Just hope I don't get food poisoning from it, my workmate claimed this once happened to him (buying food that sits around till 3pm). I've never had a problem though!

BBQ chicken is great so long as you dont eat the stuffing, and, you peel off all the skin. 50-90grams of protein for a half chook depending on the size.

Oportos nuggets, great snack. Chicken breast, approx 33 30 12 (Carbs Protein Fats) in the 9pack.

BBQ chicken is great so long as you dont eat the stuffing, and, you peel off all the skin. 50-90grams of protein for a half chook depending on the size.

bbq chicken is awesome, although i was eating 1/2 chicken with stuffing and skin plus a litre of milk for lunch each day for awhile there. theres another good quick food, milk. grab a litre from the servo or supermarket for about $2.