• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Forgot my lunch today so I had salmon and avocado sushi. Mmm, I love sushi :)

Probably could've gone for something with a bit more protein but I'm a bit sick of it right now (have been having way too much tuna, for example).

The subway salads are pretty expensive, but are quick filling and i cant see how theyd be unhealthy unless u pack it with sauce and the bad meats =/ ? I usually just buy that + a some tin tuna and mix it if im forced to eat out

I go for the subway wraps if I need some fast food.
The salads are $2 more so I normally give them a miss.
I don't know how the wraps stack up nutritionally, but I feel better eating them. The bun things normally make me feel too full/bloated.

The salad with no meat and cheese would be hard to fault. A variety of foods in your diet is very important so 6-8 veggies in a meal sounds good to me!

Hard to eat without meat and cheese...I'm willing to make that sacrifice though :p

I have a subway salad once a week with roast chicken and avocado. I also ask for a 6" wheat bread to go with it for some carbs. Yummo

My favs... well these are the only two ill eat if im caught out and about... or in a food court etc..

Sumo Salad - I design my own Tuna salad - not cheap at $12 tho... ( double up on tuna or chicken)

Nandos - 4 Grilled Tenders + Side garden salad - no dressing - not cheap either..

Both however I can slot into my diet with no stress.... doesnt happen much tho..

Nandos... so good..

There have been plenty of times when Ive felt that I needed to eat more than what I had brought with me to work. Luckily the local take away sells salad sandwiches with plenty on them and with good breads like wholemeal or wholegrain - even the super dark brown stuff (cant remember what its called but I like it) mind you I need 3 of em to fill me up and at $3 per s/w its not cheap but not all that expensive either.

Its either that or sloppy burger, greasy kebabs or a super salty chicken snitzel with chips....I'll take the salad s/w's.

Im a sucker for subway! I know its not what its cracked up to be but when theres only maccas as an option Ill always go for a foot long chicken fillet with south west sauce!! God damn theyre tasty!

subway is alright, used to work there. Though given a choice I'd just go to woolworths/safeway and grab a roast chicken

I dont work Monday, so i need to feed myself at work four days a week. The local supermarket sells 2 large bbq chickens for $13. On Monday i buy 2 chooks and separate into four containers. No skin, no stuffing. I make a dressing of low fat mayo and spicey tomato relish. 1/2 chicken and salad for lunch each day, and it takes about 30mins to prepare on Monday for the whole week. I call that fast food.

I always have a few tins of Stagg Chilli in my cupboard at work as well.

I cant believe the following recipe hasnt been mentioned yet... its so good for you with heaps of carbs and protein and SO QUICK to make!

Chunky tuna around 2 40g tins
however many potatoes you want to mix with it.
cut potatoes into little squares and steam them until tender
add tuna and mix together then add mayonaise.

The taste is absolutely amazing and i have loved it ever since a little chap. i highly suggest you guys try it

My fast food of choice is a half chicken from nandos and a (not so) small side of rice, costs about $13 but has about 90g of protein, 15g fat, AOK by me, I don't drink or smoke anymore so all this extra cash burns holes in my pockets

Came home last night hanging for a feed and there was bugger all in the fridge.
I polished of the leftover shepherd`s meat loaf and broccoli then made some mashed spuds with olive oil and milk then mixed in a can of tuna,cottage cheese,mustard and salt and pepper.Not bad for a 10 min knock up meal.

sub way 6" salad only, on brown bread

or what ive been doing at work some days is the Viet chicken and salad roll not bad for $3

or down to coles for $3-4 of shaved turky breast, and a few bits of fruit.

My Friday 'reward' lunch is a half chicken & chips from Red Rooster. Far from healthy but it makes the week of strict diet all worth it ;)

half chicken an chips/peas and if its really fast food i cant go past a zinger combo or as i like to call it a chicken salad roll

Lately I've been devouring BBQ Chicken and salad rolls from a vietnamese bakery.

How good are these really? Because I've been having them for lunch like 4 times a week.

It's a regular white roll (wholemeal if they have it, but not usually)
Lettuce
Carrots
Onion
Coriander
Roast chicken with the skin on
Plenty of chilli

This is about the size of a hot dog roll filled pretty full.

Seems like it's a good option however I'm not that schooled on nutrition.

i rekon they go ok, They do smash a fair bit of this butter/lard spread on it and some to the patte aswel,l tho its beter then 90% of the other options out there