• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

10-15kg possible by january?

N

NotBigNuf

im wondering if a goal of 10kg+ by january is likely... anything is possible i know but i also want my goal to be realistic so im not disapointed...

my diet is consisting of mainly 3 meals a day breakfast, lunch and tea... all trying to be high protein meals, such as eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, dinner whatever is cooked pasta/steak/chicken etc etc followed by nuts etc

i also try to have 2 mass gainer protien drinks a day inbetween lunch and dinner and after dinner

my training program goes something like this:
Day 1: Chest and triceps
Day 2: Back and Biceps
Day 3: Shoulders and Traps
Day 4 Legs and Abs

now i train with a partner and we train monday, tuesday, thursday, friday

woud we see more results doing a one day train next day break system?

also swim 1 day a week

another thing ill add is should we be concentrateing on doing say 3-4 sets / 8-12 reps
or
Lift heavier and do 3-4 sets 6-8 reps

my stats
Age 19
Wieght 62kg (as of 4 weeks ago)
Hieght aprox 180cm
B.F 7%

Not with that diet or training program.

62kg @ 180cm is annorexic, unless you have a medical condition I'm going to say you are an ectomorph (skinny mofo, who finds it hard to gain weight). You need to bump up to 6 meals a day, get 3-4 grams of protein per KG of bodyweight each day, also plenty of carbs and good fats. Drink ALOT of milk.

Also use this program, full body, 2-3 times a week.

Squats - 1x20, 1x15
Military Press - 3x10
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 3x15
Bent Rows - 3x10
Bench Press - 3x10
Dips - 3x10

Start the weights light. When you complete the prescribed sets and reps on a particular weight add 2.5kg the next time.

Simple diet, simple program, plenty of effort, rinse and repeat and you just might make 10-15kg in time for Summer.

If you need assistance I work at as PT/Strength coach 2 nights a week in Carnegie, and another user on her (PTC) runs a great gym in Frankston. Feel free to PM either of us.

Last edited:
You can easily gain 10kg in 5 months if you ate and trained correctly, shit, you could do it in 3 if you pushed yourself.

Your biggest advantage is actually your starting weight. You are so far behind the curve that 10kg will only bring you close to avearage. If you weighed 110kg I'd say no, but at 62kg it would be a piece of piss.

Your only looking at 500gms a week.

Stop swimming or any other cardio to make it easier for yourself to gain. You need to EAT EAT EAT! Do you know how many calories you would be getting each day?

Alternatively you can keep eating what you are now and chuck in 4L of full cream Milk a day. That will give you 2500 cals, 120g of protein and a heap of good fats and carbs. Train hard and don't worry about the isolation and split days as you want to build mass, take NPR's advice for your program.

Also, are you sure you are 7% bodyfat? That is extrememly lean, almost like bodybuilder, veins popping out everywhere lean.

as said i wasnt 100% sure on my hieght im inbetween 170 - 180, im definently 7%, not sure on the callories but i will start taking note of them, any other tips???

Just curious, how can you be unsure about your height but you know you are "definitely" 7%? It wasn't using one of those Tanita body fat scales was it? (they're notoriously unreliable, by the way)

Other tips?

Pick heavy shit up and press it overhead.

Create a shortage of milk in your area.

Do both often.

You must be SERIOUSLY Ecto! Because a Male needs on average 6% of bodyfat to keep functioning correctly. A mate stays at 9% and he is crazily defined. All he eats is Chicken and Brocolli.

Anyway, you need to be EATING!

Just curious, how can you be unsure about your height but you know you are "definitely" 7%? It wasn't using one of those Tanita body fat scales was it? (they're notoriously unreliable, by the way)

no i got it when i got my gym measure up and can remember it, i couldnt really remember my hieght, just checked hieght then 171cm

ill also add i do eat heaps, and dont drink that much milk only drink milk when i have a shake...

thanks for the advise so far and keep it coming... however im not really that keen on changing my program

ill also add i do eat heaps, and dont drink that much milk only drink milk when i have a shake...

thanks for the advise so far and keep it coming... however im not really that keen on changing my program

Why would you change your program, its obviously working well going by your stats.

If you fail to change, you'll fail to change.

If you dont want to change your program, WTF are you asking us?

I think youve just created a new level, beyond novice, I'm not sure what to call it.

HAHA, you're doing a top job already mate! I guess all newbies have to go through this at the start.

Post up what you are eating and what your program is. I eat heaps is usually what people say when they think they eat heaps. It is usually the opposite though. If you are only eating 3 meals a day IT IS NOT ENOUGH! I am 173cm and currently 77kg. I started out at about 65kg 1.5 years ago and I am an Ecto as well. I was once in your shoes. Once I started eating is when I really started to gain.

You need to chuck a picture up so we can see 7% bodyfat.

Last edited:
If you are ever hungry during the day, you are not eating enough.

Eat until it no longer feels like "eating", and more like shovelling coal into a steam engine. Eat, eat, eat. Worse thing that happens, you gain 10kg in 3 months instead of 6, oh no :)

Lift heavy with basic compound exercises as Nick has said.

hmm i guess eating all day is pretty hard with working and that, ill give a quick rundown of what i ate today
1st - Protein Shake
2nd - 1 can of tuna + Bread
3rd - Almonds
4th - soup
5th - bowl of oats
Gym
6th - protein shake
7th- 2 large bowles of ?spaggheti?

what i did at gym today (please forgive me at the exact name of exersizes):
(wieghts +10kg bar)
1st Bench press flat 30kg
2nd Bench press incline 20kg
3rd Bench Decline 30kg
4th flat bench press with dumbbells 12.5kg ea
5th Bench Press incline with d/b 12.5 kg ea
6th Tricep Pushdown 41kg
7th (unsure of name) put wieght behind head and extend upwards
8th (unsure of name) too hard to explain but working triceps
9th Tricep pushdown again but with rope 41kg

not really to keen on placing a photo up but i guess i will,,, just of upper body?

PTC if you meant why 'wouldnt' i change my program... simply because i never said i wasnt gaining i simply said i wanted to gain aprox 10kg, i also never said my program wasnt working

Your diet writeup is useless because we dont know serving size or protein/carb/fat breakdown. Add that.

Your workout is also a waste of time. Do a full body workout 3 times a week like the one I suggested.

Your diet writeup is useless because we dont know serving size or protein/carb/fat breakdown. Add that.

Your workout is also a waste of time. Do a full body workout 3 times a week like the one I suggested.

well yeah as i said i dont take down serving size or protein/carb/fat etc etc i guess i should start

thought it was better to do 2 muscle groups a day then a different muscle group the next, thanks for the sugestion...

i