• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Testosterone Test

D

duke

Hi there, this is my first post and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on my Testosterone blood test results. Can anyone explain my results as information on this website has been great.
(Ref range in brackets).
Total Testosterone: 9.3 nmol/L (9.5-35.0)
Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulphate: 3.8 umol/L (3.0-10.5)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: 14 nmol/L (13-71)
Calculated Free Testosterone: 270 pmol/L (225-725)
I am 36 years old and been training for quite a few years. Last cycle was taken 40 weeks ago.
Thank you and hope for someones opinion!

I'm no Dr but your test levels are extremely low. If you last cycled 40 weeks ago then it looks like your boys have still not recovered. I bet you lost a lot of muscle since.

yeah your test levels are way too low. 40 weeks post cycle has been quite awhile you should have recovered by now (but this also depends on how long and what you were on). It usually takes 1.5 times your cycle period for the body to recover (receptors). So a 6 week cycle = 10 weeks off before next cycle ( i would say 12 weeks is better). Mind you your age also comes into play as well.

- were u using proviron or nolva towards the end of the cycle? This usually helps brings your boys back quicker.

Testosterone Blood Test

I'm no Dr but your test levels are extremely low. If you last cycled 40 weeks ago then it looks like your boys have still not recovered. I bet you lost a lot of muscle since.

Hi Shrek, thank you so much for responding to my post!
i thought that would be the case, i was hoping not, and yes i have lost size. I'm stressing out, what do you think is my next step as i don't want to do anymore cycles?:(

Testosteron Blood Test

yeah your test levels are way too low. 40 weeks post cycle has been quite awhile you should have recovered by now (but this also depends on how long and what you were on). It usually takes 1.5 times your cycle period for the body to recover (receptors). So a 6 week cycle = 10 weeks off before next cycle ( i would say 12 weeks is better). Mind you your age also comes into play as well.

- were u using proviron or nolva towards the end of the cycle? This usually helps brings your boys back quicker.

Hi Ceffo, thanks heaps for responding! I'm stressed out now, i thought it was low... My cycle was 12 weeks. I stacked SUS250 and DECA for 6 weeks and then TEST LA and DECA for 6 weeks.
No I wasn't using proviron or nolva. All i used was ESTO Blocks 2 weeks at end of cycle. Just wondering what my next step is as i want to stay drug free?:( thanks.

Hi Ceffo, thanks heaps for responding! I'm stressed out now, i thought it was low... My cycle was 12 weeks. I stacked SUS250 and DECA for 6 weeks and then TEST LA and DECA for 6 weeks.
No I wasn't using proviron or nolva. All i used was ESTO Blocks 2 weeks at end of cycle. Just wondering what my next step is as i want to stay drug free?:( thanks.

Check this out Duke: http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8994-when-final-knockout-needed-stubborn-fat.html

Ah, just think of your stressing as muscle burning, not pretty. So relax and trust time to get you back up to normal and above.

What you've used can be detected in the system up to 18 months after administration. Check the thread above and don't forget to get stuck into some eggs for their cholesterol which is a powerful building block of natural testosterone.

All the best.

Fadi.

I don't know much about this stuff but that seems like a massive cycle with very little PCT?

Was it your first cycle?

Testosterone Blood Test

I don't know much about this stuff but that seems like a massive cycle with very little PCT?

Was it your first cycle?

Hey Josh, no mate it was my second cycle with 3 months break in between.

Hey Josh, no mate it was my second cycle with 3 months break in between.

Just stay away from it now for some time to let your test levels come back to norm. Look at some natural ways (such as what fadi has posted up) to bring it back up..
Ive seen worse cases than yours where some guys could not concieve because they NEVER get off these cycles. Im talking years of cycling for competative BB comps and constant bridging of cycles. But after a year off and some Dr's appointments hes now had a 1 year old.

testosterone blood test

At the time you think it is because of wanting your body to step up a level.Then the strength and gains are great but at what cost its not a great situation im in.I definitely dont think its worth it but at the same time im not against the people who do most of my freinds are on it and they are great poeple each to there own its just how far you want to take it.but there is nothing wrong with being natural there are some beautiful natural bodies out there and natural bodybuilders should never feel intimidated by the bigger boys we are all there to do the same thing and that is to train hard and get as big as we can natural or with steroids we should all feel welcomed in the gym and we should all support each other i love our sport bodybuilding no matter what and i will always train because it makes me feel good.

Last edited:
testosterone blood tests

i just want to say thanks to the guys who got back to me thanks for the support. What a great web site its good to know you can talk to people on your level without judging you great work guys:)

but there is nothing wrong with being natural there are some beautiful natural bodies out there and natural bodybuilders should never feel intimidated by the bigger boys

That is the thought pattern that I really don't like. You have basically said that natural BB cannot get big.

I have thought about PH/DS etc, though I think it is a sad and soft route to take. Did you have a lot of other products or substances for your cycle support? 12 weeks is a pretty big cycle and you had 3 compounds all up, just seems like a massive cycle to me with little thought of taking care of your body.

josh i didnt say natural bb cant be big look at blokes like warren clampit,tim martin,joel ramintas,trevor huni,just to name a few all natural bb great size but if you ever go to support bb shows you will see the diffrence between inba,anb comps to ifbb,nabba josh you need to be realistic and yea it was a big cycle i piged out a bit but what you do its in the past now.

to jiuce or not it is a touchy topic. But its up to the individual at the end of the day for whatever goals they need to achieve.

This guy was juice-free at the time of this photo, because it didn't exist then.

image002b.jpg

Are you as big as him? If so, and if you think that's not enough, then think about juicing. Until then, eat well, lift heavy and sleep deep. The juice might give you extra muscles, but then it gives you other problems it takes years to get over, if ever. Sad to say, there ain't no shortcut past Hard Work Road.

Last edited:
I'm with you all the way Kyle, I think people turn to the stuff too quickly. The US forums have really put me off the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep that question to PM's or thread will be closed.
Sorry, them's the rules. :(

Last edited: