• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Walking deadlifts

Deadlift 80% of your 1RM, take 3 steps forward, place the bar down, deadlift it again, take 3 steps back, place the bar down, thats one rep. Try 3 reps with this bad boy.

Overhead Walks

Pick up a bar weighing around 30-40kg, press it overhead with arms locked, now walk as far as you can. Got core strength?

Tips for training at home

Some dont have squat racks, what to do? Powerclean the bar and do front squats.

You have limited weights and can deadlift the whole ammount. Stand on a 15cm block to increase the ROM and make the lift harder.

Buy a sandbag from Australian Kettlebells. Press it, squat it, curl it, heave it, clean it, deadlift it, shoulder it. It will kill you. For under 100 bucks, the best bang for your buck out there

Hey mate. Im new to the forums and just feel like reading eveything. Wow! I am going to def incorporate these three exercises abd give it a shot. Thanks!!

Anyone been watching Search4Hurt on ESPN?

Some awesome training ideas on that show. Last week it had the dude who is world champ for the Spartan Race. He utilises a weighted vest for most of his work. One technique he uses that I wanna have a go at is weighted vest burpee bounds for 100m supersetted with 100m walking lunges. Looked brutal!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone been watching Search4Hurt on ESPN?

Some awesome training ideas on that show. Last week it had the dude who is world champ for the Spartan Race. He utilises a weighted vest for most of his work. One technique he uses that I wanna have a go at is weighted vest burpee bounds for 100m supersetted with 100m walking lunges. Looked brutal!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Yeh that's a good show! Last night was meant to be with chad McKay but they replayed the first episode!!

Just lately, well for some time I think most just dont really grasp the the difference between demonstrating strength versus building strength and the methods used and the bickering between the PL fans, BB fans and the lifting hobbyist, which most here are.

So I try to understand it.

When an person wants to demonstrate strength, it’s important to create conditions that will best allow that demonstration.

The person should take every “shortcut” possible, working to minimize the distance the weight is moved other methods involve improving leverages in the involved bodyparts, altering body position and utilizing equipment that makes the lift as “easy” as possible, wearing apparel that provides maximum support to the involved parts, and of course, being as well rested and mentally prepared as possible.

Now the confusing misunderstood component.

In order to build strength, one must make each and every repetition as difficult to do as is possible.

No supportive gear, safest body position should be pursued, the lifter should not attempt to maximize the possibilities of making each rep.

In other words once an exercise is chosen to strengthen the targeted muscle groups, the harder each rep of each set is the “better,” the harder, and the more productive the workout will be.

It is clear that the more time taken between sets, the more rested and mentally prepared or “psyched” the lifter can be.

Again, this is great if one’s primary goal is to demonstrate the strength that’s already present and which has resulted from and should be from *previous well constructed workouts*.

If the goal is to continue to build strength, each all-out set which has preceded the one being done, will have taken something away from the trainee’s energy and strength levels.

In a very tough workout, the psychological edge will also be worn thin, with the athlete fighting to concentrate on each rep of each set.

This is in stark comparison to the lifter who stalks the gym between sets, tightening his wraps, pulling up the straps on the supportive suit, sniffing ammonia or amyl nitrate, getting slapped by his training partner after eight minutes of rest following the preceding set.

Obviously, it’s almost impossible to maintain a high level of intensity if one takes the time to fully recover between sets.

At one extreme, and this is what I do with myself once a week and others I help is, no rest is taken between sets, other than that necessary to go from one exercise to the next, and properly and safely position oneself for that particular movement.
For the uninitiated, this is a very difficult way to train, and it’s true that cardiorespiratory deficiency will reduce the ability to exert maximal muscular effort, at least at first.
However, in a very short period of time, the body adapts to the stimulus. Reducing the time of identical workouts increases the intensity of the workout.

For the young blokes that follow their Lifting heroes I just want to tell you that it's very important to spend time *exercising* programming a template that builds strength safely to enable you to lift for a very long time.

I have no serious injuries but I know many here much younger carrying and working through issues, if you have problems now, think about what you'll be like 10 years from now, 20 years from now.

the only thing I can add to this is; varying the rep’s over time.