• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength and Conditioning Centre Canberra.

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
Hey guys,

1st thing - Well thanks to Shrek for letting me post about my new Strength and Conditioning Centre in Canberra, Australia.

As some of you may know me and a few friends of mine are currently putting together a Strength and Conditioning Centre here in Canberra - this has come out of total frustration with commercial gyms here in Canberra. The lack of knowledge and high prices within the gyms is totally crazy and we have had enough. The club will be called PowerSports and will offer membership prices more than half the price of "normal" gyms and also all the staff will be qualified Strength and Conditioning Coaches with many years within the industry.

Here is abit of a run down about the club:

PowerSports Club offers unique programs for individuals and teams...

We provide physical assessments, innovative training programs and goal orientated results.

At PowerSports our services are designed for athletes from profesional teams/level searching for that competitive edge, to developing junior athletes seeking a pathway toward becoming profesional athletes in their chosen sport. We also cater for Powerlifters and Strongman within the centre with coaches who are qualified to help you with comp prep.

At PowerSports Club we use many different methods of training to help you reach your goals:

Max effort method
Dynamic effort method
Methods to enhance repeated work efforts
Contrast methods to alter the strength curve re maximal strength, power & speed
Pre & post workout supplemention
Nutrition Advice

The PowerSports training philosophy is a mix of art and science developing not only the body, but the mind and fighting spirit as well.

The club has strength and conditioning equipment designed to enable the clubs members to train towards powerlifting, bodybuilding and strongman goals aswell.

As well as training up and coming athletes PowerSports Club offers open membership to anyone wanting to gain strength or size at a place that is focused on your goals and really reaching those goals, unlike many commercial gyms which will sign you up, give you a program (if your lucky) and never talk to you again! – At PowerSports we are 100% focused on results and are driven to give you the best place and staff to help you reach those goals!

PowerSports Club also offers:
Strength and Conditioning sessions (one on one)
Team Strength and Conditioning sessions
Open Membership for anyone wanting to improve strength and/or size
Powerlifting comps
Seminars
Venue hire
Online training advice
Supplement shop

We are hoping to open the Club early next year and everyone is welcome to come along to the grand opening and check it out and have a free session.

If anyone would like to know more about the Club, Memeberships, or working for the club then please drop me a PM!

Thanks guys and again thank you to Shrek for letting me post this!

Cheers,

Joel.

Sounds awesome Joel, good luck with it.
Need more places like this.
Have you already got equipment and a lease organised for the new place yet?

I noticed this statement in your post:
will offer membership prices more than half the price of "normal" gyms
Did you mean to say that you will offer memberships for less than half the price of notmal gyms?

Sounds awesome Joel, good luck with it.
Need more places like this.
Have you already got equipment and a lease organised for the new place yet?

I noticed this statement in your post:
will offer membership prices more than half the price of "normal" gyms
Did you mean to say that you will offer memberships for less than half the price of notmal gyms?

Yea mate thats right! - Prob looking at around $300 for membership no added fees etc - just straight up $300.

Yea mate - everything is being ordered etc as we speak!

Im very excited about it - because as you said there really isn't many places in Aus like this!

Man, I need a place like this in Brisbane.

Nice work mate!

When you are up and running give us a few more details. Address etc.
I`m not in Australia but I pass through Canberra whenever I`m home and I like to stop at a gym somewhere along the way.I assume you will be offering casual workouts?

When you are up and running give us a few more details. Address etc.
I`m not in Australia but I pass through Canberra whenever I`m home and I like to stop at a gym somewhere along the way.I assume you will be offering casual workouts?

Fingers crossed feb 20th.

Address is not set in stone seeing as though we are still looking at acouple of places!

Yea mate casual visits are fine - if its your 1st time training these then id just let you in for free.

Welcome Joel and good luck with this. I'll definately come down for a look and a workout.

good luck with the venture , be sure to update us with details and i'll add you the list of gyms/fitness centres/health clubs

At PowerSports Club we use many different methods of training to help you reach your goals:

Max effort method
Dynamic effort method
Methods to enhance repeated work efforts
Contrast methods to alter the strength curve re maximal strength, power & speed
What happens with these four methods?

What does it actually mean in practice?

Like, "today we're doing the Max Effort method, that means we go to failure on every single set" or whatever? You gave us the names of the things, but don't tell us what you do when you're doing that thing.

To truly do max effort, your weights and sets are pre selected, you go into the gym, do the workout. Should not be done to momentary positive failure.

Dynamic work is speed based, bands and chains are helpful, as are huge cushions and a stop watch.

This is EASILY the most overlooked method of gaining strength.

If you bench slow, you bench low.

I have a thread on another forum showing the gains I've had with clients on bench press once we included speed work.

Powersports knows what he is doing.

To truly do max effort, your weights and sets are pre selected, you go into the gym, do the workout. Should not be done to momentary positive failure.

Dynamic work is speed based, bands and chains are helpful, as are huge cushions and a stop watch.

This is EASILY the most overlooked method of gaining strength.

If you bench slow, you bench low.

I have a thread on another forum showing the gains I've had with clients on bench press once we included speed work.

Powersports knows what he is doing.

Sorry I havn't replied sooner guys! - Ive been sick with food poisoning - oh so much fun lol.

PTC pretty much hit the nail on the head with this post! - thanks for that mate!

Yeah, but I don't know what he's doing!

So much to learn, so much to learn...

Also Kyle once the centre opens if you would be keen to come down and spend say a few days/ week down here training at PowerSports we could def go over alot of these things! - You would be very welcome to do this mate!

Thanks mate!