• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Genuine fast and easy way to add an inch to your arms...

Add 7kg of bodyweight whilst training, that will guarantee your arms are an inch bigger.

Now whats the best way to gain 7kg of bodyweight?

Milk and 20 rep squats 2-3 times a week.

Anybody want to prove me wrong?

Try it for 4-5 weeks, 4 litres of milk a day.

If anybody knows of one, please let me know.

Thanks...

Adrian, the answer to training in general I'll be dealing with tomorrow. However here's a sample of what I'm writing at the moment for that occasion. It's 50+ reps bicep curls! For what pupose all these reps you may ask (and you have a right). What purpose? The purpose of increasing capillarisation in muscle tissues as well as increasing the capllaries in density. What does this mean to your precious muscles? Well it simply means that more oxygen and nutrient dense blood will be delivered to them.

Look at the illustration I’ve included of a capillary. The capillary is what looks like a sausage, and the muscles are the “clouds” above and below. That sausage can only multiply and get bigger when you include some serious high reps in your workout.

index.php

I'll leave it here for now.

Fadi.

Add 7kg of bodyweight whilst training, that will guarantee your arms are an inch bigger.

Now whats the best way to gain 7kg of bodyweight?

Milk and 20 rep squats 2-3 times a week.

Anybody want to prove me wrong?

Try it for 4-5 weeks, 4 litres of milk a day.

You can guarantee this?
I'm 85kg now and my are 15 1/4 inches.
I've been up to 93kg before (8kg heavier) and my arms were a touch under 16 inches.

I am currently drinking about 2 1/2 litres of milk a day.
I do squat, not 20 reps sets 2-3 times/week.

Do you think the extra bit of milk and squat program will make the 7kg weight gain benefit the arms more than other bodyparts?

I know what you mean, but I don't think it would work in my case.
I see how squats will put on overall size, but how does is it contribute so heavilly to arm size?

Fadi,

Thanks for your diagram and explaination of high reps.
Actually my training has been incorporating some high reps lately.

Sets of 50 for chin ups, bench press, ring dips, trap bar deads, etc.
Weights are too heavy to do 50 reps non-stop, but it's still 1 long set.

Will see how much progress happens in the next 4 weeks.

Bodyweight has increased 4kg in 6 weeks and I'm much leaner than I was last time I have been up at this bodyweight.

watch out drinking so much milk. I became lactose intollerant drinking 3L a day.

You can guarantee this?
I'm 85kg now and my are 15 1/4 inches.
I've been up to 93kg before (8kg heavier) and my arms were a touch under 16 inches.

I am currently drinking about 2 1/2 litres of milk a day.
I do squat, not 20 reps sets 2-3 times/week.

Do you think the extra bit of milk and squat program will make the 7kg weight gain benefit the arms more than other bodyparts?

I know what you mean, but I don't think it would work in my case.
I see how squats will put on overall size, but how does is it contribute so heavilly to arm size?

You gained 3/4 of an inch by adding 8kg, I stated 1" for 7kg, remembering that everyone is different, that pretty close.

When I got to my heaviest bodyweight of 102.5kg, my arms were 18 1/2", at 95kg they were 17 1/2", at 90kg they were just under 17".

It works fine for me, and most people.

Most cant do 20 rep squats they way they are intended though, not for longer than a fortnight.

20 rep breathing squats, with your 10 rep max, will kill you. Trust me.

So you are saying that what you max for 10 reps weight wise you should be doing 20 reps with them.

Ah, I was going to say. YOU ARE A MACHINE!!

How many do you do in each set? How long do you think it would take to do the 50? Do you alternate grip or just hit up the chin ups? (Underhand)

When I started doing chinups this year I could get out 2 or something. I aimed for a total of 10. Then 20, then 30, and so on. When I could do a total of 30 I could get out 4 or 5 in one go. When I could do a total of 50 I could get out 6-8. For a couple of weeks there it was taking me 20-30 minutes in a workout to get them all out. But now I can do 4 sets of 10 in I think 10 minutes. If I do them now raw or at the beginning of a workout I can do maybe 15, if I do them after squats only 10 ;)

I can only do about 15 full stretch strickt chin ups in one go.
Some people may say it's cheating, but the way we are doing chin ups now is called a Kipping chin up.
Still got to get the chin over the bar, but it is more of a swinging action and uses other muscles other than just the lats to get up.
But I'm not training bodybuilding style anymore for specific muscles, even though I still have a goal of overall muscle gain.

I'm improving quick on these and did 25 straight the other night in about 40 seconds.
The remaining 25 reps took me close to 4 minutes because of fatigue.
Hoping to knock out 50 straight in the near future.

The coach where I train recently knocked out 100 reps in about 7 mins.
When fatigue sets in, the last 10% of reps may take 50% of the time.

[youtube]HBTHI5ehJuc[/youtube]

That is the technique? Do you do them at that same pace? He is moving!

Ah I just realised the topic of this thread. Sorry for off topic guys. I'll remove if you want.

I think it's quite relevant. Chins/pulls are very effective at building up the arms - at least for a beginner. I haven't done arm curls since May, and even then it was just a few because that was the workout the gym instructor gave me. I think I did some skullcrushers in June but it didn't last long.

Bench, press, chins and rows - that's what's built my arms. They are not huge but they're bigger than they were - from a flexed 31cm in January to 33cm in April when I started at the gym to 37cm in July. Didn't increase in August - I think once you can get out sets of 10 or so chins/pulls, you won't get more size out.

So again, this is for a beginner, it'd be different for Hulk and others. I just mention it because lots of beginners read these threads!

I just watched some Butterfly Kip Chin Ups. Holy Moly they look crazy!

I find Hammer Grip chin ups really smash my biceps.