• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Under 181 class

Press (push) 165lb - Advanced - military 132lb, novice, almost intermediate.
Squat 297lb, - intermediate
Bench 225lb - intermediate
Deadlift 385lb - intermediate
Power clean 198lb - intermediate.

Im an intermediate lifter :)

i've never tested my 1RM, i only do Rippetoes SS.

height: 174cm
weight: 77kg

i'd fall under the 82kg class :( if i ever were to compete, i think id feel a lot more comfortable in the 75kg class, as ive got a bit of bodyfat i can easily burn.

squat: 135kg 3x5 (intermediate)
deadlift 135kg 1x5 (novice, though I'm sure i could pull 143kg 1RM to be intermediate)
bench: 75kg 3x5 (novice)
press: 50kg 3x5 (novice)

my pushing is a bit weak... :rolleyes:

i've got long way to go but i'm happy with my progress in the past 7 months.

i'm really aiming for that 100/140/180 goal for bench/squat/deadlift by August/Sept.

Secodly, mikkadasan, WTF is up with your deadlift. How do you deadlift only 20 odd KG more than you powerclean. Most deadlift 100kg more than they clean.

Nice lifts. You live neary my gym, drop in and I'll get you another 50-70kg on your deadlift in an hour lol

I only clean pulled about 130-140kg when I could clean & jerk 120kg. 50-70kg in an hour? Sounds like a good deal. lol.

Interesting.

My current squat is 115 @ a BW of 69. So i'm somewhat intermediate. My PC is at bw. I'm not sure what i could 'press', what's the definition of the 'press' ? Is there any leg movement in there?

I'm unsure what i can bench press. i've not done any bench pressing since november. Haven't done any heavy dl's either in about as long!

PB, your squat is intermediate and your powerclean is novice, you need a 81kg clean for intermediate in the 75kg class, which you fall under.

I just checked Nina's, she is Elite in bench, squat and deadlift.

Advanced in powerclean and military press.

I'm novice in everything except intermediate in deadlifts for my weight.

Shreky, you just added another useless post after my 2 extra useless posts, and counting this one we have 4 useless posts on this thread, not a good look lol

Only joking now, dont get all knickertwisted

PB, your squat is intermediate and your powerclean is novice, you need a 81kg clean for intermediate in the 75kg class, which you fall under.

which class? I"m in the 69k class. But right you are...i'm novice. 81kg is within eye sight!!

There is no 69kg class lol, check the listings,60kg - 67.5kg - 75kg - 82.5kg - 90kg etc

Olympic lifting is the odd sport out, they have strange weight classes. They changed them all years ago because all their World Records were drug tainted.

Because they couldnt wipe somebodys record on a guess, they simply changed the weight classes, leaving no record holders, so they started with a fresh slate.

One exception was the super heavys. They wiped the record from that class but couldnt adjust the weight class. That was disgraceful taking the 266kg Jerk record from Tarenenko

YouTube - Leonid Tarenenko 266kg clean and jerk

Articles at Lift Up: Taranenko, 266Kg, The Untold Story

Great story of the day, I wonder if Fadi was around the AIS in 1988?

There is no 69kg class lol, check the listings,60kg - 67.5kg - 75kg - 82.5kg - 90kg etc

Markus, the current Olympic weightlifting classes are as follows for the men: 56kg, 62 kg, 69 kg, 77 kg, 85 kg, 94 kg, 105 kg, 105+ kg. What you have listed above were the good old days when I was lifting. What we have now would be the 3rd change I believe since those days.

Olympic lifting is the odd sport out, they have strange weight classes. They changed them all years ago because all their World Records were drug tainted.
You're 100% right there Markus.

Great story of the day, I wonder if Fadi was around the AIS in 1988?
No, I left the AIS in mid of 1984, (before the AIS put a stop to the sport of weightlifting in around 1986 I think).

Fadi.

You still never told us why the AIS binned weightlifting, Fadi.

That is something that surely has affected strength standards in Australia, but if you think it off topic, perhaps a new thread?

You still never told us why the AIS binned weightlifting, Fadi.

That is something that surely has affected strength standards in Australia, but if you think it off topic, perhaps a new thread?

Two AIS weightlifters decided to go to the media and began talking about steroids/weightlifting/AIS in the same sentence. Things just exploded from there going as far as to have a national steroids enquiry of all senior weightlifting coaches.

Shutting the whole sport down was probably the best (politically correct) option to take at the time.

Fadi.

Armando has spoken to me about steroids and weightlifting back in the day.He said there was a great book I should read, I forget the name.

as far as the weight classes go, I was explaining to PB that the chart he was referring to had no link with weightlifting, and his 69kg class only existed in weightlifting.

The rest of the strength world still uses 60/67.5/75/82.5/90 etc, as does the chart in the first post of this thread