• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
First off, I tried a leader board on another forum and it went to shit, so you had to send a video. That worked okay, but there were still issues.

Secodly, mikkadasan, WTF is up with your deadlift. How do you deadlift only 20 odd KG more than you powerclean. Most deadlift 100kg more than they clean.

Nice lifts. You live neary my gym, drop in and I'll get you another 50-70kg on your deadlift in an hour lol

To the guy that wanted to achieve the upperbody lifts first, never build your own home, without a foundation, it will topple over.

Your doing everything ass about, which is why your years behind on that chart, and you may never get it. Your planning to work on your strengths, not your weaknesses, strange.

I'm glad you guys are showing interest in strength as well as size.

I can do a leader board similar to what we do at PTC. Of the members on here whos lifts I can verify, they are for squat-bench press-powerclean-clean & press-deadlift

Nick 792.5kg (NPR)
David 540kg (hyjak)
Daniel 557.5kg (EnzymeX)

If you guys are interested, how does everyone suggest we go about it

Maybe once a level is achieved, and proven, your name appears. For instance

Nick 110kg bench press x 10 @ 110kg

Its up to you guys.

great Chart..

"thats going straight to the pool room"

Here are mine currently.

Body weight 95kgs /209lbs

Press - Advanced (97kg/213lbs)
Bench - Intermediate (127kg/279lbs)
Powerclean - Intermediate (122kg/268lbs)
Squat - Advanced (176kg/388lbs)
Deadlift - Intermediate (150kg/383lbs)

to be continued...

Nice clean/bench/squat. But what the f**k is up with your deadlift? You should use both hands you know. LOL

Where do you train.

I am very keen for this Markos. (just in case you haven't noticed)

I think video evidence is certainly something we will need. When you say "level" I take it you are talking about the standards that you set out?

What happens when people's bodyweight rises as they get bigger? Time to test again, or you just have 77kg x 10 @ 77kg. Then you may have 120kg x 20 Squat @ 80kg. I know 3kg is not much but it is just an example.

Last edited:
Yep, honesty is paramount here. Weigh yourself, do the lift and video tape it. You must weigh in just prior to doing the lift, not last week.

Thats how I do it at PTC

Would you like me to start a new thread for this?

Sounds great mate. I'm going to attempt the BW military press tonight.

EDIT: Another thought that I had, and this could be timely for you Markos so you can decide whether or not to do it. But a basic description of how each lift should be completed to avoid any confusion or people putting in effort or footage for no reason?

Since you do the judging at PTC would you also be doing it here?

Last edited:
To the guy that wanted to achieve the upperbody lifts first, never build your own home, without a foundation, it will topple over.

Your doing everything ass about, which is why your years behind on that chart, and you may never get it. Your planning to work on your strengths, not your weaknesses, strange.

Marcos,.I stated what i did because i feel I am very close to acheiving those upper body lifts, I already exceed the bench ones, and will have the shoulder press in a few weeks..

My legs are much further behind, hence the longer timetable of getting to those levels you posted.......

But mostly because of YOU I have started to train my legs much harder, I also now do pullups, and military press. I actually do deads and squats now... My lifts are getting stronger every week, maybe not always more weight but am getting bigger sets. I was inspired by you, you seemd to palm me off, I WILL get there...Your strong levels are just the begining..

Train your WEAKNESS first, like you said, your nearly there on the upperbody, why create a BIGGER gap.

I'm only trying to help, it doesnt affect me either way, its just some free advice.

So I stop training upper body to concentrate on squats and deads....That does not make sence..

I am going to continue training upper body, and I am increasing the training on my body parts that are behind...

As for creating a bigger gap??, I am closing that gap on a weekly basis,

I can dead more than I can bench, and hopefully next week exceeding my current 120kg dead, grip allowing. aim is double bw in 3 months (138kg)

also next week I aim to be doing a few reps at 100kg or more for squats..almost matching my bench, My legs are getting stronger quicker than I thought and hope to be doing 120 squats within 3 months.

Train your WEAKNESS first, like you said, your nearly there on the upperbody, why create a BIGGER gap.
This is what I've been doing. Bench press I got bodyweight lifts on, I wasn't sure if I could get more, but I was enjoying it too much, so I decided that I wouldn't lift any more on bench until I could lift as much on barbell row and squat. It was very much, "Kyle you lazy prick, you are not allowed to improve your strengths until your weaknesses are strengths, too."

This makes me drive harder on my weaknesses, I'm in a hurry! :cool:

trofius said:
So I stop training upper body to concentrate on squats and deads....That does not make sence..
No, just maintain the upper body. Like me, I do three proper workouts a week. I have three basic exercises - one press, one pull, one squat. I add in an exercise on whatever's weak. So my press was relatively strong, but my back relatively weak. Okay, one press, two pulls, one squat. The press is whatever I'm weakest in, twice a week, and then I maintain the strength on the strong press by training it once a week.

For example,
Wed:- Overhead press, Chins, BB bentover rows, squat
Fri:- Bench press, Chins, BB bentover rows, squat
Sun:- Overhead press, Chins, BB bentover rows, squat

I try to increase the weight on everything except the bench. I did this, it brought my back strength up to match my chest. In the beginning I could bench 80kg but only row 40kg or something, now I can bench 80kg and row 80kg both. So now I switch it around and focus on legs. When they get up to a good level I'll allow myself to increase weights on bench again.

I can't honestly say I remember all that when I'm coming out of the hole on a squat, though. I'm just thinking, "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... uuuuuuuu....... ck."
trofius said:
also next week I aim to be doing a few reps at 100kg or more for squats..almost matching my bench, My legs are getting stronger quicker than I thought and hope to be doing 120 squats within 3 months.
Assuming you have no medical stuff stopping you, ideally you want your legs to have about 50% more pushing power than your press. Benching 100kg and squatting 100kg for the same number of reps is not balanced; benching 100kg and squatting 150kg is much more like it.

Really, in order of strength it should be legs, back, and chest. In most blokes it's backwards, though.

Last edited:
I hear you Kyle,

I realise my lifts are backwards, I rememebr a time when I thought i looked odd because i had legs that barley fitted into my 26 inch waist shorts ( lots of bike riding) but had a tiny suncken bony chest and shoulders, my first benches i struggled at 30kg
Had never heard of deads or squats back then, some 20 or more years ago..

Those weights that I posted for deads and sqauats are just my 3 month goals, and I assume I will get there quicker than that. Once I reach that i will re access and set new goals, some were around 180 deads, and 150 squats. My chest is strong, and has a little meat on it now, no way I am stopping or sacrificing any improvements there, it just doesnt make sence to me, What i do works for me for chest. I am rather just adding in other exercises, and focusing a tad more on them. trying to work some twice a week rather than once.

I have added shoulder press to two of my workouts, and have added pullups to at least 2/3 days.

My legs are still wobbbly when squating over 80kg, last time I did 90 I did something to my L knee, it hurt, I had a limp for a week, not were I want to go, So slowly at first is fine with me until my body catches up to were I want to be. I am focusing on getting much bigger sets, fior normal training, aim is 4 x 8 @80kg..I am really liking doing squats, it feels empowering..

Last edited:
Well best of luck, mate. I am only so insistent on it because that imbalance is me, too. I waited too long to get physio advice... It would have been heaps easier if I could have started them all together.
trofius said:
I am really liking doing squats
I think if you like squats then you are not going heavy enough :p

I think if you like squats then you are not going heavy enough :p

Well maybe like was a bad choice of words..

There comes a time with any exercise, be it running, stretching, or lifteing weights.. Once your body becomes accustomed to an activity,when you reach that stage you can all of a sudden start pushing much harder at it..

I have related it back to stretching before, and again, when you first start to stretch it hurts, no argueing from anyone there, but after a while you can really push into it and you feel the tension and pressure, BUT there is no pain, you can just push harder..

I find the same with weightlifting your struggle with balance, and control, and your joints can hurt, but after a while the body adapts to the stress, ( ignoreing the the direct reaction of getting bigger and stronger) you get more balance, and control, your tendons, and joints feel more secure, And all of a sudden you can really focus on pushing the weight, You no longer have to wrestle it.. your body can control what you want it to do.

I really hope that makes sense

I am at the stage were I feel I am starting to take control of the lifts.

Nice clean/bench/squat. But what the f**k is up with your deadlift? You should use both hands you know. LOL

Where do you train.

Hey NPR,

I train in Sandy

Today @ 93kgs

1RM

Bench 116
Squat 174
Clean & Press 98 (2)
Dead (with 2 hands) 185 (3reps)

Never trained with a power lifting focus but I am getting very interested in some of the lifts I have seen in the posts here, I would love some tips and techniques to improve mine.

Come to PTC in Frankston, I'd love to help ANYONE that is interested in getting strong. NPR (Nick) trains at PTC on Wednesday night at 8.00pm and Saturday at 10.00am

Come to PTC in Frankston, I'd love to help ANYONE that is interested in getting strong. NPR (Nick) trains at PTC on Wednesday night at 8.00pm and Saturday at 10.00am

Mika, I'd go if I was you mate...

Fadi.