• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I still reckon you're soft on the powerclean. 1.5 x BW is where its at!

Having said that I can only claim 2 out of those 9, 100% bitch!

If I had put down 1.5 for the powerclean, you were likely to bitch up that I was favouring Max lol.

I think he does 1.6 x bodyweight

I agree that 1.2 is easy, do that first and I'll reconsider big fella

Haha! Zero for me! And some like deadlift and squat I'll never do because of my mutant back!

So what, I set my own goals. Markos' are good but I need some I can achieve in the next six months at the latest. First lot of goals were,

Bench, bodyweight (5 reps) done in June
Barbell row, 1 BW (5) done in August
Overhead press, 0.75 BW (5) not yet deadline 2009.10.31
Squat, 1 BW (10 reps) not yet deadline 2009.11.30
Deadlift, n/a can't do

and then 5km in under 25'00" not yet deadline 2009.11.30

Will I then be STRONG? Hell, no. But I'll be stronger than I was.

After that I'll set new goals. Something like,
Bench 1.25 BW (5)
BB row 1.25 BW (5)
Press 1 BW (5)
Squat 1 BW (20)

and then 5km in under 22'00". I guess I'll give myself till my 39th birthday (2010.06.15) to achieve them, but the honeymoon easter 2010 might interfere with that :D

Well I am a fair way of as well, on most of them,

Squat double bodyweight currently 1.3Xbw
Squat 1.5 times bodyweight x 20
Bench press 1.5 times bodyweight doing 1.61xbw
Bench press bodyweight x 10 currently doing 1.17xbw for 10 and stopping there.
Deadlift 2.5 times bodyweight currently doing 1.76 x bw
Standing strict military press bodyweight close can do 0.88 x bw
Clean & push press bodyweight x 5 never tried this
15 dead hang wide grip chins close I have done 13
Powerclean 1.2 times bodyweight never tried this

clean and push press, is that just a clean and you use your legs to pop it up, rather than a strict military press, I recon i could bw that..
15 dead hang pull ups, I might be able to do that fresh
bw military press I will have a go at next week, 8 kg surely cant be that much harder..

Last edited:
i might get the chins and thats about it

I'm the exact opposite to you David. Could do 2x one arm chin ups, but NOT your normal 15 (I don't think).

Markos has set a tough standard and that’s great in my opinion. It creates a competition within us that insures the fire in the belly keeps raging on. Well done mate.

Fadi.

Squat double bodyweight currently doing 1.5 x BW
Squat 1.5 times bodyweight x 20 can only do one rep
Bench press 1.5 times bodyweight doing 1.25 BW
Bench press bodyweight x 10 not sure, did 5 ok the other night
Deadlift 2.5 times bodyweight doing 2 x BW
Standing strict military press bodyweight doing about 0.65 of BW
Clean & push press bodyweight x 5 no chance on the press, can clean it only
15 dead hang wide grip chins have done 13 once when i was 7-8kg lighter lol
Powerclean 1.2 times bodyweight doing about 1.0 of BW

I've definitely got a long way to go HA HA

Last edited:
I'm getting in on this. After reading this forum for a while now my training will be taking a different direction. I am going to slow down the isolation stuff and focus on a lot of the below.

Squat double bodyweight currently - 1.5BW for 6
Squat 1.5 times bodyweight x 20 As above
Bench press 1.5 times bodyweight - Tick
Bench press bodyweight x 10 - Tick
Deadlift 2.5 times bodyweight - 1.8BW x 4 (LOTS OF WORK!)
Standing strict military press bodyweight - .9 BW
Clean & push press bodyweight x 5 no (I really need to spend some time with this lift and learn the technique)
15 dead hang wide grip chins - Tick
Powerclean 1.2 times bodyweight no (I really need to spend some time with this lift and learn the technique.)

Being light sure makes this easier. Still a lot of work to do though.

I'm the exact opposite to you David. Could do 2x one arm chin ups, but NOT your normal 15 (I don't think).

Markos has set a tough standard and that’s great in my opinion. It creates a competition within us that insures the fire in the belly keeps raging on. Well done mate.

Fadi.

Agree Fadi, I find a bit of compitition makes you get stronger quicker..

Any thoughts on having a leader board type thread, I realise this is a BB forum and not a weight lifting power lifting forum, but still it would encourage people to aim higher..

You could have it two ways, who has the best percentage lift, and who can move the most weight outright in a set lift, I realise most of us little blokes wont have a chance in the outright weight moved class, but some of us have awesome power to weight ratios..

and people no making shat up...:rolleyes:

I agree Mick, but I reckon we should just have stats based on the strength standards posted by Markos in this thread.

Once you complete each level, video footage is required. I'm keen as for this and made a post already along the same lines.

Josh.

Markos "STRONG" strength standards are very high, only 2 people at PTC are close to them. i think they may stretch most if not all people on this forum...

Still, it is a good place to shoot for. I honestly reckon if I put in the effort over the next 12 months that I could get through a few of them.

I like high standards.

Markos "STRONG" strength standards are very high, only 2 people at PTC are close to them. i think they may stretch most if not all people on this forum...

But as Markos said PTC has been operating less than two years. And you would have to be a freak to make all those lifts in that time. There is no reason why with focussed and consistent training that anyone should be able to make those lifts within 3-5 years. If you think you can get seriously strong in 5 minutes you are kidding yourself.

I agree Nick, if you want to put in the hard work, it can come.

I am by no means saying that I expect to complete it all in a few months though, if that is what you think. I just have something else to add to my routine to shoot for. We have always been about increasing strength, now we have a goal to aim for. It may take another two years, no probs I am not here for 5 mins I know the amount of hard work it takes to achieve not only above average skills but elite skills.

Who knows, my bro and I might even come down to PTC for a comp or some shit. If we have good enough progress that is.

You'll find that the progress will come almost automatically if you enter the comp. I dont know of anyone who has not hit a PB on at least 1 lift at the comps. Most people hit 3+, last comp all of my lifts were PB's

Well give me some time with some training and I reckon a trek down there would be awesome.

I have just spoken to a place in Brisbane that does strength and conditioning training.

rememebering most of the people on here are not just off the street we have already been traing foir a while now, it just needs to be more focused..

personally I want to meet all the upper body levels, within 3 months, teh lifts I have never attempted may slow me down if I decide to do these..deads and squats, I give myself 6-12 months, my poor skinny legs lol..

great Chart..

"thats going straight to the pool room"

Here are mine currently.

Body weight 95kgs /209lbs

Press - Advanced (97kg/213lbs)
Bench - Intermediate (127kg/279lbs)
Powerclean - Intermediate (122kg/268lbs)
Squat - Advanced (176kg/388lbs)
Deadlift - Intermediate (150kg/383lbs)

to be continued...

Some great lifts there man!!!!

Have you had a look at what was posted bt PTC (Markos)?