• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Weight 120 pounds
Squat 90kgs/198lbs - advanced
Bench 50kgs/110lbs - advanced
Deadlift 110kgs/242lbs - Elite ;)

Bahahahaha yeah right, I think I made a mistake....

Last edited:
Under 181 class

Press military 132lb, novice, almost intermediate.
Squat 297lb, - intermediate
Bench 225lb - intermediate
Deadlift 385lb - intermediate
Power clean 198lb - intermediate.

Im an intermediate lifter :)

Bodyweight of 198lb

squat 550lb = Elite
bench press 335.5lb = Advanced
press military 192.5lb = Advanced
Deadlift 605lb = Elite
Power clean 242lb = Intermediate

Last edited:
Bodyweight 179 lbs / 81.5kg

Squat - 165 lbs / 75kg Somewhere between untrained and novice

Press- 93 lbs / 42.5kg Untrained

Bench Press - 121 lbs / 55kg Untrained

Deadlift - 253 lbs / 115kg Novice

Putting all this into perspective its really quite sad lol. Ideally i'd like a 180kg squat, 200 dead and a 150 bench. I will get to these numbers one way or another!

Bodyweight 179 lbs / 81.5kg

Squat - 165 lbs / 75kg Somewhere between untrained and novice

Press- 93 lbs / 42.5kg Untrained

Bench Press - 121 lbs / 55kg Untrained

Deadlift - 253 lbs / 115kg Novice

Putting all this into perspective its really quite sad lol. Ideally i'd like a 180kg squat, 200 dead and a 150 bench. I will get to these numbers one way or another!
You'll get there Spaz. Consistancy is the key, something that I failed for many years. Made my best gains in size and strength in the past 1-2 years after training for 20..LOL

You'll get there Spaz. Consistancy is the key, something that I failed for many years. Made my best gains in size and strength in the past 1-2 years after training for 20..LOL

Lol thanks mate! Yeh my problem is I look fairly athletic like I should be able to lift decent numbers, but I can't lol... My issue is gaining the weight to help with the numbers, but i'm doing rippetoes SS now so i'll maybe do that for a couple more months then move onto something more advanced for better gains.

Lol thanks mate! Yeh my problem is I look fairly athletic like I should be able to lift decent numbers, but I can't lol... My issue is gaining the weight to help with the numbers, but i'm doing rippetoes SS now so i'll maybe do that for a couple more months then move onto something more advanced for better gains.
size does not equal strength

You'll get there Jaz! Just keep at it.

And callan's absolutely right. Size does not equal strength. My step father is the thinnest man on earth, but also the strongest guy I've ever known. The strength will come. Hang in there :)

weight 83kg

bench 90kg novice
squat 140kg intermedite
deadlift 200kg advanced
ohp 50kg noivce
clean 70kg novice

been training at home since last august

imho
Snatch - bodyweight
C&J - 1.5 x bodyweight

** or
Snatch - 100kg
C&J - 140kg

Last edited:
I can clean and jerk my body weight. Snatch scares me! Would never attempt.
Very achievable targets IMO. (Body weight gestures)

Just dont do them like this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGWd3lHoZBU]London Olympic weight lifting accident ( arm brake) ouch!!! (2012) - YouTube[/ame]

I can clean my bodyweight. Well i could 8kg ago :p
Wouldnt get it overhead though...with training i cant see it taking long though so 1.5x is probably a better standard indeed.
Snatch? Snatch this!