• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AMATURE First timer Body Building..SKinny PPL

H

haris2887

hi all...

I am a total ammeter to body building and i think it is about time i hit the GYM...

I am 20 Years old and VERY VERY skinny....
I would like to know if there is anything spacial that skinny ppl do to start body building more particularly How to Gain weight for skinny PPL.

I would like TO concentrate on my Upper Body (arms, Chest, Shoulders, Stomach)...

And Guides that you guys recommend for skinny PPl would be great...

start eating as much as you can

Squats and milk. Lots of both!

Also, here a good sample routine for a beginner.

Day 1
Squats 3 x 8
Bench Press 3 x 8
Military Press 3 x 8
Barbell Row 3 x 8
Crunches 1 set to failure
Reverse Crunch 1 set to failure

Day 2
Deadlift 3 x 8
SLDL 2 x 10
Incline Bench Press 3 x 8
Pull Ups 3 x 8
Calf Raise 3 x 12-15

Do this on a one day on one day off basis. makes sure you do 1-2 sets of warm up first. If you get the 8 reps on each set the move up weight next workout.
After a few months you can add on day 2 1set of barbell curls suppersetted with skull crushers. that's it.

See the diet section for some diet examples. Plenty there.

Cut down on your activities would be a good start to slowing down your metabolism, from which point you can proceed with eating big and training smart.

Fadi.

I understand how you feel, being superskinny forever (heaviest ever was 46kg when 15 and running cross country)- I can't believe that here I am 14 weeks later and 4+kg heavier than when I started. The best thing a superskinny person can do is to start eating and don't stop - when you get annoyed that you have to think so much about food and are tempted to not bother, remember all the hard work it has taken, say to yourself - "everything I eat nourishes my body and creates the person I want to be, I am healthy, I am strong" and shove that protien shake down. I have eaten my way through 7kg protein powder since I started, I have never stuck at anything until now. You just have to perservere...and find yourself a great trainer who makes you accountable and motivates you and a support network like you have found here. Hope you share your journey here, get into it!

You have to EAT! Shovel it down even when you don't feel hungry, if you are allowing yourself to get hungry you are not eating enough.

For anyone seeking to get bigger, the golden rule I have is

If you are enjoying your food, you're simply not eating enough.

For anyone seeking to get bigger, the golden rule I have is

If you are enjoying your food, you're simply not eating enough.

Are you serious? I was sort of hoping at some point it would become a pleasant experience. Bummer.

i'll make a sample diet for you..
space meals once every 3 hours

meal 1: 6 whole eggs omlette, 3 pieces of toast with peanut butter
meal 2: Tuna roll with salad. Use 200g Tuna
meal 3: big plate of pasta, with Sam Remo's pasta sauce, cottage cheese and a big cut of steak (using free range, safely slaughtered stock)
meal 4: vegetable rice(brown rice) with 1 /2 chicken
meal 5: chocolate ice cream cake with whey protein mixed in it
meal 6: Roasted chihuahua and lobster sandwich..... OR indian fish curry and rottis.

I had a can of tuna in oil yesterday - drained and mixed with 1 can of baked beans. Was much more palatable after that! and the macro ratios were pretty good too.

thanks for the reply guys, it has been very helpful..
now time to start eating (lots) and working out....:)

mate what are your stats?
Height,
Weight,
est Bf%

I am also a skinny bugger, I started lifting when 59kg, and 173cm, I am currently 69kg same height..

AS mentioned eat heaps, you will notice once you start traing hard you will be wayyy more hungry...Eat heaps more, eat before and immediatly after the workout if you feel hungry ever it is your body weight potentially going down..

There are heaps of posts by people as to specifically what type of foods and when to eat them, to help gain mass..You will need to train hard and lift heavy.

But also remember that this is a long term goal, there are no short or quick fixes, it will take time, dedication, determination, and a lot of effort, you may not fit in with what your mates are doing, drinking, smoking, eating shiit, late nights ( you need heaps of sleep) etc all these will inhibit your growth.

Now because it is a long term target, dont go too silly strait up. I would concentrate on maintaing really good form, while doing these exercises, iand not go too heavy strait up, slowly increase the weights as you feel you are able whilst maintaing good form, you dont want to do yourself an injury that will stop you, or deter you from training..

thanks for the reply guys, it has been very helpful..
now time to start eating (lots) and working out....:)

Haris,

Do me a favour mate: check your pockets, are they empty? Then fill'em up with raw nuts; almonds and cashews are good starters. Oh, almonds and dates are very tasty together and two of the most dense foods on the planet also!

Fadi.

The biggest thing my trainer has always told me is never only builder your upper body, mass and size will come if you also train your legs!

Haris,

Do me a favour mate: check your pockets, are they empty? Then fill'em up with raw nuts; almonds and cashews are good starters. Oh, almonds and dates are very tasty together and two of the most dense foods on the planet also!

Fadi.

Hey Fadi, I've notice you mention that raw nuts are better a couple of time now and it got me to wondering why that is....

Does the roasting process decrease the nutrient value? Or is it the fact that most roasted nuts are usually covered in salt?