• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New member - NPR

PTC

I noticed there is a new member on here, NPR.

Nick is a client of mine who has been lifting less than 2 years. Before lifting he weighed 75kg at 6'2".

He is going okay, but is a relative youngster to lifting compared to some of you on here, so go easy on him as he learns.

He is featured in the PTC video, he is the one doing the 185kg squat at the start, the 200kg deadlift near the end, the 120kg push press, the 145kg bench press with chains.

Oh yeah, he is now 110kg.

He is the one I mentioned that got a job as a trainer in another guys studio purely because of his lifting, knowledge and passion. He has no official qualifications.

He works 2 jobs, goes to Uni and trains 5 days a week, a couple of times a week at Phoenix Weightlifting Club in Oakleigh.

He is a very good client, obviously, otherwise he wouldnt have gained 35kg while training for strength and performance.

Check the video to check his lifts, only the PP was a PB.

His best lifts are

Squat - 187.5kg
Bench - 142.5kg
Powerclean - 117.5kg
Jerk - 115kg
Deadlift - 230kg
Push press from rack - 120kg

I know he front squats 140kg for reps, I'm not sure what his best snatch is.

I just want you guys to get a heads up, Hyjak is also a client, and theyre may be more joining from my other forum and gym.

More PTC sightings: I saw Shorty wearing a PTC hoodie at SSAS on Saturday. Didn't say hi though... as I didn't quite know how to introduce myself... and it seemed stalkerish to say I recognised him from the newsletters. "Er... I know Markos from a forum but I've never actually met him... so yeah, hi!"

Shorty is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. You shouldve said hi.

He told me a girl was training while he was there for his first visit. What a coincidence.

I'm glad you like Pete's gym, he seems like a quality guy.

How do you follow progress on NS.com? Is there a bodybuildign section or something?

35kg is a big amount of weight to add, holy shit!

yeah theres a fitness and bodybuilding section thats been there for a few years. theres some very very strong guys there

Phenomenal progress Nick, well done! And welcome! I hope we can learn a lot from you and your experience.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up incase he offered advice and you guys thought he was wanker. He is, but only I know that.

PTC, I've never attempted any 1RM lifts before, from your experience, what is the loss, if say Nick is deadlifting 230kg once, is he doing sets of 8 on 150 or?

Okay, James and Louie both deadlift 250kg x 1 and can both do 200kg x 11, I'm not sure what Nick reps out.

He has squatted 150kg x 20 while his PB was a crappy 187.5kg, I'm nearly ashamed to post up such a shitty squat PB. He'll squat 200kg at BATB3 for sure.

He is extremely fit, he easily won my last Strongman Comp

150kg is far too light for him to rep out on, you dont want to be doing 20+ reps in the deadlift, and he would easily do over 20.

I'd say he could do over 10 with 180kg on a bad night.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kinds words guys.

Morgan I very rarely train deadlifts, I'll usually just attempt a 1RM occasionally. To be honest I hate the lift, and I find it will keep going up as long as I squat often and deep. Also my olympic lifting is bringing my dead up too.

Need Fifteen posts before I can post a link.

To check my training log check nissansilvia.com
fitness diet and BB section
Training logs
NPR33 training log

Last edited:
PTC, I've never attempted any 1RM lifts before, from your experience, what is the loss, if say Nick is deadlifting 230kg once, is he doing sets of 8 on 150 or?

Morgan, if you know what your 10RM is (in squats for example) ,then let me know and I'll show you a general way of working the numbers out to roughly figure your 1RM.

Fadi.

Morgan, if you know what your 10RM is (in squats for example) ,then let me know and I'll show you a general way of working the numbers out to roughly figure your 1RM.

Fadi.
I've never done my 10RM, I've only ever done 3x8 reps, I'm certain on my first set of 8 I could push it to 10 on a heavier weight, strength isn't the problem, I'd say if it were life/death and I had to do a set of 10, put me down for 150kg at this point.

I've never done my 10RM, I've only ever done 3x8 reps, I'm certain on my first set of 8 I could push it to 10 on a heavier weight, strength isn't the problem, I'd say if it were life/death and I had to do a set of 10, put me down for 150kg at this point.

Are we talking squats or deadlifts here? I'll use the back squats since we're dealing with percentages here anyway.

150kg x 10 would give you a 1RM of 200kg

Ok, according to the calculations I have, you can always add 10kg on top of that or 2 or so reps more.

At a bodyweight of 75kg, I did 200kg back squat and 195kg front. Switched over to bodybuilding in 84 and within few months after getting used to the mid/high reps, I managed 160kg x 10 at the same bodyweight.

So the calculation is pretty accurate.

100% = 1RM
95%= 2
90%=4
85%=6
80%=8
75%=10 reps of 100%1RM

Formula= if you can do 10 reps with 150kg, then your 100% can be calculated like this: 150kg ÷ 75 x 100 = 200kg

I'm not very gifted in maths Morgan so I hope I haven't confused you with this formula my friend.

Fadi.