• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you think Fadi

PowerBuilder

Here's a bit of a strange (tho not stupid) question.

I've reverted back to the program that has me primarily bench pressing & squatting 4 times a week. I've noticed that the last 2 squatting sessions (which happens on different days that i bench press), i get a strong stretch across my pec's. This feeling is somewhat like when doing chest flyes.

I"m doing full (beyond parallel ) squats

What's going on here? It's obviously not fatal. I"m juz curious is it more helpful than a hindrance ?

Last edited:
I know my name is not Fadi, but after I read that I am a bit confused.

You get a strong stretch across your stretch??

I assumed he meant pecs.

Most people spread their arms somewhat on a squat. You spread your arms out, your pecs are stretched.

If you're normally flexible you won't notice any feeling of stretch, if you have a bit of DOMS from an exercise the day before then you'll feel it when you stretch.

At least that is how I understand it...

By the sound of it PowerBuilder, you may be over doing it on chest day and the placement of your hands on the squatting bar played as a signal/feedback from your body to take action.

I don't know what program you're following but nothing beats a full body workout for packing on the beef. So you can train chest 3x a week and not just twice whilst still recovering with ease. It has to be a balanced approach from all angles.

I know I'm not giving you too much here because I don't really know where you're heading PowerBuilder.

Fadi.

You would need to be VERY tight in your chest to feel a real stretch when you squat. If you doing alot of bench you should be doing equal amount of pulls otherwise you will tighen up, your shoulders will be pulled forward and you will look like the hunchback of notre dame.

Sounds like your routine needs more balance.

yeah i cant see how you can strain your pecs when squatting unless you had your hands / elbows / arms in a weird position.

edit: you say its after bench day, are you sure its not just some muscle soreness from the day before?

Last edited:
yer i meant after doing chest you, its nothing out of the ordinary considering arm postion and stretch on the pecs, thanks for quoting me though