• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Whats the story behind your username?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Whats the story behind your username? Have any cool/interesting tales behind your username or did you just pluck it out of thin air

Ok, i'll start...

BoyFromAus is more than meets the eye.
The 'Boy' is there because one martial arts sensei told me that being a man is about maturity, divinity, self discovery and control. While i'm disciplined (controlled) and despite being 23 years old, I can't say i come close to having the other 3. So i'm stuck with being a Boy for now.

The 'FromAus' part is obviously short for 'from Australia'. I'm of Sri Lankan descent and for many years, I grew up repping Sri Lanka and being about Sri Lankan pride and culture. It was what my parents had taught me. However there was one problem... I had never been to Sri Lanka... so when I was 18, we went as a family trip to Sri Lanka and it was my first time. Although I really liked the place (beautiful place), the more I stayed there and learnt about their way of life and culture, the more I discovered that i'm just not Sri Lankan. My parents had been programming me to follow THEIR culture while I was in a completely different environment.... so it was time to be proud of who I really am, and not who my parents told me I am..

so in conclusion I am a Boy who's from Aus.

Rasika, that was a nice contribution mate.

Well Graham, I'm like you with nothing to say.

Fadi.

Fish...It is my username on a heap of aquarium, and any other forum i visit.

It is a bastardisation of Tropheus, The sepecies I keep the most of and like the best.

Years ago back in my home town the first real gym opened when I was about 15 and suddenly there were dozens and dozens of watermelon farmers getting around town.Some were real tossers, like the guy who would come out of the gym and walk around town in his big arse Golds Gym belt and gloves.
we used to call them "Flexi Jerkovs" after the character in Flesh Gordon,the adult version of Flash Gordon.
We would call the real muscle men Zarkovs after Dr Alexi Zarkov in Flash Gordon because they were the real deal.
I hope I am a Zarkov and not a Jerkov.

DKD is the initials of my first son. For a long time it was thought on here that my name is Dave. That's just urban myth. I'd rather shoot myself slowly than live with that name.

No offense to all the Daves on the forum. I love u all like brothers...serious :)

Nothing really, it's Italian expression/exclamation which literally means penis. It can be used in many contexts.

1. If you hurt yourself: "minchia that hurts!"
2. Insulting someone: "testa di minchia" (head of dick - dickhead)
3. Awe/Amazement - you see a beautiful woman or car go passed, and can simply say "Minchhhhiaaaa!"

I generally use it in the 3rd sense.

When I joined the forum was dead and was not really going to hang around so I put little thought into the username, in hindsight I would have been: Quasimodo. :)

My dogs name is Rambo.....so when I was signing up I couldn't think of a username and just added 'dian' to his name lol

I'm known as Dicko, by work collegues and friends. the only ppl who call me Craig would be my Mum n Dad...and my missus (sometimes)
The site didn't let me have Dicko so I put a 1 in there