• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SubCom's super porridge

SubCom

I typically eat this for breakfast on training days. Pretty much every day through winter.

1/2 cup of oats
1/4 cup of barley
1/8 cup of rye
1 cup fo full cream milk
3/4 cup of water
Cinnamon bark
Nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 Tbsp of thickened full cream

Add Honey and Banana

Place all grains into saucepan cover with liquids. Place in fridge to soak over night.

In morning place on flame. Crush cinnamon bark over top to taste. Add pinch of salt.

Bring to boil. Once boiling drop heat and simmer until liquid dissapears.

Serve in a bowl with good honey and a banana. Top with thickened cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Where do you buy barley and rye from? I've had a look at a couple of dry goods stores, where I already buy beans and apricots and so on, but no luck.

Kyle, you could try Macro Organics (supermarket) in Bridge Road, Richmond VIC. They have all sorts of "different" foods & a great cafe out the front!

I don't like porridge. How can I learn to like it? I know oats are good for me and everything, but it's just... gumpy (an amalgamation of lumpy and gooey)

Honey and milk make all the difference with porridge. Also, rolled oats rather than instant oats, so the thing still has some texture.

OK, I'll give it a go and report back... Hubby can always eat it, I guess, as we don't have a dog!