• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
My definition of massive would be an NRL player physique. I'm not going to argue what women like as it is inherently subjective and so pretty stupid to do so, but based on every 'who's hot' poll i've ever seen its usually lithe or toned dudes as opposed to massive blokes.

My point was that I think most dudes go to extreme lengths to get big when really its not neccessary to be attractive to chicks. Unless youre ugly. Then its like fake tits on a mole or icing sugar on a turd.

Also, I'd rather be a married doctor any day lol. I'd say most doctors wives would cheat less than the doctor would.

Nothing special about David Beckham body... lol. Girls love his money over his body... lol. There are richer dudes than him working around Martin Place.

Last edited:
Disregard woman, acquire aesthetics ;).
Lol, but seriously most people start at the gym because they want to improve themselves or look good. What ever that means is up to them, most of the time it is to improve their self confidence.

Guys that want to get big do it for the Alpha male factor not for the woman factor.

1- To get healthy
2- To lose fat
3- To be a healthy dad
4- To live a long life with my missus
5- To maybe one day go in a comp, again.

I'm talking bodybuilding or other weight training activities.
To keep it under control, please limit answers to 5 most relevant reasons.

My answers:

To gain muscle mass and desirable body for sex appeal (for women, gays can look but no touch).
To compete with others at the gym I train at (crossfit style).
To increase my functional strength.
To improve my overall athletic ability to the maximum level.
To maybe compete at some sort of sporting activity, maybe athletics (not bodybuilding) at masters level (over 40's) as I do not/have not had the opportunity to compete now.

That sounds like a stereotypical statement made by a PT on why you should train to begin with.

1. It is an expression of self. Sounds spiritual but nah lol just the truth.
2. I'm good at it, been at it over 20 yrs now and never had a seriouse injury. Always amazed at what you can do with your body and mine like many of yours seems to thrive on wight training.
3. Amazing health benefits.
4. Its a kind of Zen for me. Sure I meditate but there are more forms of meditation that simply sitting cross legged. No other time during the day do I have the mental clarity and composure than when Im lifting.
5. Makes me happy. Its something I look forward to every day. Its not all that I am or my whole life but it is a big part of me for sure.

Cheers-
LL82

1. It is an expression of self. Sounds spiritual but nah lol just the truth.
2. I'm good at it, been at it over 20 yrs now and never had a seriouse injury. Always amazed at what you can do with your body and mine like many of yours seems to thrive on wight training.
3. Amazing health benefits.
4. Its a kind of Zen for me. Sure I meditate but there are more forms of meditation that simply sitting cross legged. No other time during the day do I have the mental clarity and composure than when Im lifting.
5. Makes me happy. Its something I look forward to every day. Its not all that I am or my whole life but it is a big part of me for sure.

Cheers-
LL82

you re good at it? praytell thy lifting numbers and cardio capacity

you re good at it? praytell thy lifting numbers and cardio capacity

Fair enough request mate but ill pass. Not interested in the numbers game anymore. Not an ego lifter. I train hard 5 days a week and do cardio everyday. Im good at it sure but I would not say im better at this than anyone else. Only person I ever compare to is myself.

Cheers-