• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDGuc928udg&feature=related]YouTube - Kai Greene Guest Posing at the 2010 NPC Rhode Island![/ame]

lol kai is one the only guys i know who is so light on his feet for his massive wieght. watch that routine!

Plus now days heavywieghts in boxing are giants that are too big to punch fast move fast.

the golden era of Ali, Frazier,Foreman and the rest cud pack a massive punch spesh george

My staying power if you are referring to stamina is no where near the same.
As I dont box at all any more, I havn't sparred for almost a year lol. My cardio aint the same.
I just dont think i could punch as well now then when i did boxing, even though i have put on 10-12kg.

I meant weight. 60kg dudes get thrown around far more easily than 100kg dudes do.

Out of all the sparring iv'e done in boxing and MMA over the period of about 3 years, the hardest hitters have always been the lighter fighter's. Bigger, bulkier dudes seem to not have any snap, its the quickness and snap of a punch that hurts imo. In saying this, there are of course exeptions.

Man, weight categories don't exist to protect the cruiserweights from the flys...

Last edited:
I train because deep down inside, I've always viewed myself as being big and strong. Being a 60kg stick insect was not who I was inside.

Its basically like those transgender people who have a sex op because they are female trapped in a male body.

I am a big/strong dude stuck inside a skinny guys body (well not so skinny these days..)

Plus the comments/looks are always good :p

Enjoying yourself oliver?

zyzz-u-mad.jpg

=
Man, weight categories don't exist to protect the cruiserweights from the flys...

Blokes like the kiltchko's and valuev clearly need protection from vic 'da raging bull' darchinyan!!! haha

I said IT was an observation and there are exceptions. It's probably more due to the fact that alot of the bigger guy's seem to wind their shots up and hit alot of glove, where as the smaller guys throw quicker snappier punches and catch you cleaner and unseen.

if person x starts a fight with me then am i going to have more chance of kicking his ass if im 70kg or 90kg and lifting as much as oli? yes an experienced fighter may still beat you if youre big and strong but hes definitely going to beat you if youre 70kg and weak.

i lift for lots of reasons. the mental and physical challenge, my health, because i love it, to be a better role model to my future kids, to be the husband my wife deserves etc.

I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment after lifting weights, and I find that weightlifting/Bodybuilding offers huge rewards in the way that the more work and consistency you put in the more gains and goals you achieve. And I wanna be strong :p

I love training, each day presents new challenges, weight training is just another, its amazing what you can achieve when the mind is focused.

I think it was Fadi that said "the best change is a permanent one" in regards to diet/excercise etc no heavy dieting etc etc.

Looking around at BBQs etc most of the 30 year old have big guts etc, not a catagory i want to be in.

1. I want to be strong.
2. I want to not have osteoporosis or any other lifestyle-induced disease when I'm ancient.
3. I want to live long enough to be ancient.
4. I'd be a pretty crappy trainer if I didn't train myself.
5. Someday I'd like to enter into a powerlifting, weightlifting or strongman competition and not come out with the lowest score.

It surprises me that nearly everyone put "to look good"...

You do realise that most women don't find massive guys attractive?? Of course, fake tan, fake tit bimbos do, but that's because they're fake. ie, contrast between AFL wives and NRL wives. If you like that, then ignore this post.

Ask any girl or look on any 'who's a hot guy' poll and you'll see that number one is invariably David Beckham or some other lithe but toned to death sub 80kg dude. Look at Calvin Klein ads or any italian designer model. Or any guy girls find attractive. Sorry, but as a general rule its the truth. Obviously, some girls do like big dudes. This is the overwhelming exception, not the rule.

I think we get addicted to getting big, and if you truly want to just be good looking you'd have stopped years ago and upped the cardio. I guess what I am saying is that we like to be strong and assertive with other males... its not just about getting girls. Just like most girls, (ask your g/f) dress to impress other girls - if they're into fashion (might be a eastern suburbs thing). This excludes sluts of course.

Last edited:

You do realise that most women don't find massive guys attractive?? Of course, fake tan, fake tit bimbos do, but that's because they're fake. ie, contrast between AFL wives and NRL wives. If you like that, then ignore this post.

Ask any girl or look on any 'who's a hot guy' poll and you'll see that number one is invariably David Beckham or some other lithe but toned to death sub 80kg dude. Look at Calvin Klein ads or any italian designer model. Or any guy girls find attractive. Sorry, but as a general rule its the truth. Obviously, some girls do like big dudes. This is the overwhelming exception, not the rule.

I think we get addicted to getting big, and if you truly want to just be good looking you'd have stopped years ago and upped the cardio. I guess what I am saying is that we like to be strong and assertive with other males... its not just about getting girls. Just like most girls, (ask your g/f) dress to impress other girls - if they're into fashion (might be a eastern suburbs thing). This excludes sluts of course.

Maybe because alot of guys got into weight training because they were skinny rakes before thet started.
Some guys have to work hard to even get to the level of David Beckham.
Also, it's not easy to get massive for many, especially for those unassisted.
The ones who are doing it for looks may not be trying to get "massive", maybe the muscled athletic look.
So I suppose the response will be based on an idividuals starting point.

Maybe because alot of guys got into weight training because they were skinny rakes before thet started.
Some guys have to work hard to even get to the level of David Beckham.
Also, it's not easy to get massive for many, especially for those unassisted.
The ones who are doing it for looks may not be trying to get "massive", maybe the muscled athletic look.
So I suppose the response will be based on an idividuals starting point.
Are you kidding? David Beckham looks like he's never touched a weight in his life. Just your regular lean fit white guy, nothing special about his physqiue. If you need to check, here is a link to him on google images: david beckham - Google Search

1. Just out of interest, what is your definition of 'massive'?
2. I think you'll find most girls are 'in love' with David Beckham's money....
3. I think Markos summed it up well, he mentioned something along the lines of "women marry doctors but fuck fireman".

Last edited: