• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I initially started lifting weights for the reason most guys do, they wanna look strong. But after training for a few weeks my ideals changed. My one and only goal, is to get as strong as i can. Since i've started training properly though i've noticed a massive increase in energy levels from day to day, too much energy some of the time haha. I don't know how anyone could live without lifting weights anymore.

To feel and be energtic. Im a fat bastard but i have more energy than all of my friends and family. Thats from constant exercise (not weights im a pussy when they are concerned).

When my shit is together and i start lifting i love the feeling of power.

Always been into sports, and weight training was always something I did from time to time to stay in shape for various sports. Only been more recent I've knuckled down a lot more on diet and hitting the weights harder, and while I still am involved in sport, its more so feeling good about my health and appearance. Cheers

So true ^ ^ being big say 110kg or more, it dosn't mean shit, if your into MMA and K1 you would know what I mean, bob sapp vs cro crop, actually bob sapp in general lol, if you don't have any sort of fight training (boxing,mma,bjj) a guy who has been doing a martial art as long as you have been lifting will actually kick your ass

I box.

Reasons for me training:
1. To live a long and healthy life
2. To look good for others (women)
3. Training makes me happy (I seem to get down if i don't workout)
4. To help me become a personal trainer in the future
5. To get stronger (for bragging rights)
:eek:

My staying power if you are referring to stamina is no where near the same.
As I dont box at all any more, I havn't sparred for almost a year lol. My cardio aint the same.
I just dont think i could punch as well now then when i did boxing, even though i have put on 10-12kg.

Out of all the sparring iv'e done in boxing and MMA over the period of about 3 years, the hardest hitters have always been the lighter fighter's. Bigger, bulkier dudes seem to not have any snap, its the quickness and snap of a punch that hurts imo. In saying this, there are of course exeptions.

In the end it boils down to the individual and how they train - train like an athlete move like an athlete. Train like a bodybuilder you'll end up moving around like a statue

In the end it boils down to the individual and how they train - train like an athlete move like an athlete. Train like a bodybuilder you'll end up moving around like a statue

that statement is a huge generalisation, and an insult to alot of people.

I think he meant big and slow, that would take a lot of training. Also big doesn't mean slow, have you seen some of Andy Boltons Deadlifts?

I meant comparatively. Obviously if you're training your muscles to be fast they're going to be faster than if you're doing super slow reps aiming to tear a few more microfibres.
This is why Olympic weightlifters are so explosive - they train to be that way