• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3200 calorie Food Plan

Hello Fadi

I Will do, sorry about the confusion, I am at 92kgs, with noticably less BF, still a way to go so i am sticking to your 2200/2800 plan, with a slight knee injury i have had to back off the burpees and any cardio for now, I am still loosing fat, just S L O W L Y.. but surely, so I am sticking to it. getting into week 3 of your lose fat/maintain muscle plan... time flys when your having fun!

MD

Oh yes, lots of fun Mika! Mate if you've got a bad knee and can not do burpees, then you can use a stationary bike which places no jarring on the knee whatsoever. Use it in an interval fashion of 20-30 seconds full speed, followed by 1 minute of active recovery until you reach 10 minutes of training all up. On second thoughts, disregard! You might enjoy it too bloody much and drop the burpees altogether then...:D!

Don't forget the deep heat before and the ice massage after. And talk to it (your knees that is). We've got work to do and can not have disruption now Ms. Knee!:p

Fadi.

Thnaks for your support Fadi, no chance of me dropping the burpees.. I'm hooked!

MD

Thnaks for your support Fadi, no chance of me dropping the burpees.. I'm hooked!

MD

Me too!

By the way Mika, I'll be starting the lose fat/maintain muscle program next Monday. I've been out of action for about 3-4 months now with an injured elbow. I've got to put on some beef. I lose too much weight when I don't train.

So I'll be thinking of you when I collapse on the floor!:D

Fadi.

Oh yeah!,

Great news mate! looking forward to your feedback and progress.

Just so you know, I told my knee, "either shape up or its rest and TV for you", dont think he liked that!. I completed the fitness test (used the bike) last night at my PT course with No problems, pumped out a GREAT workout this morning, incorperated the above intervals (on the bike agian) and feel 100%.

thanks

MD

Oh yeah!,

Great news mate! looking forward to your feedback and progress.

Just so you know, I told my knee, "either shape up or its rest and TV for you", dont think he liked that!. I completed the fitness test (used the bike) last night at my PT course with No problems, pumped out a GREAT workout this morning, incorperated the above intervals (on the bike agian) and feel 100%.

thanks

MD

You're the Champ Mika; you're the Champ my friend! You certainly have tons of my favourite 3Ds: Discipline, Dedication, and Determination! (but you already knew that anyway):).

Fadi.

hey fadi,
just one question what if your not working out everyday could u still have the pre workout and post workout meals?

hey fadi,
just one question what if your not working out everyday could u still have the pre workout and post workout meals?

I thank you for your question leachy, it's very valid. What I have done is to go back an add one more sentence to the original post (thanks to you), this way good people such as yourself would have an idea of what is expected of them on their days off.

Please look here: : "Diet" #1: A 2200 CALORIE FOOD PLAN

The name of the game here is have the double edged insulin hormone working for us and not against us. So for that, our aim would be to minimise all high GI foods except for the time that is surrounding training.

So a direct answer to your question is simply: NO!

Fadi.

Hey Fadi this is going to make me look like a complete idiot, but when you say 5 gram WPI and 35 grams oats for the pre and the corresponding values for post workout meals, does that mean the amount of WPI that would weigh 5 grams, it ends up being about 2 20ml spoons when i use a scale to measure it, does that sound about right?

Hi Fadi
Thanks for going to the effort of putting this together, it looks great.

I work nightshift, and usually get up at 5pm before training at 6. Should I be waiting until after the workout to have my breakfast, and simply having the preworkout shake beforehand?

Hi Fadi
Thanks for going to the effort of putting this together, it looks great.

I work nightshift, and usually get up at 5pm before training at 6. Should I be waiting until after the workout to have my breakfast, and simply having the preworkout shake beforehand?

1. Wake up at 5pm.........have half a glass of apple juice to replenish some liver glycogen.

2. 10 minutes before 6pm, begin sipping on the pre-workout drink. Make it last throughout your training (whilst also sipping on plain water if need be).

3. Post workout when you get home, down the post workout drink and head for the shower.

4. After the shower, sit down for a solid meal.

Fadi.

Hi Fadi,

It's been a pleasure reading so many of your posts on here. Usually Im tempted to ask lots of questions but of course I keep reading the threads and hey presto! the answers are there. I've learn so much from this site in the few weeks I've been here :)

I'm still finding my feet setting my goals with regard to strength training and nutrition and trying to balance that with overall fitness and lifestyle. I'm 33yo, 82kg (would like to be 87kg) and 177cm tall and I run about 3x5km each week on my non-gym days as I intend to participate in the Run For The Kids race in April - plus I have a pretty full-on heart murmur so cardio health is a must for me. (I don't think my cardiologist would want me at 90kg+ even if it was all muscle!).

Im reasonably happy with my body fat levels and my goal (at this stage) is to enjoy the benefits of being stronger.

I'm very much a novice and while I'm excited to be taking my training more seriously than ever, I don't know if I have the determination to stick with a diet like the one you've suggested. (Eating it isn't the problem, but preparing it is!)

I was wondering if you could let me know what slight(!) changes I could make to my current diet that would reap the biggest benefits. I think I need to "ease" into a serious diet!

At the moment my diet looks like this:

Breakfast, 8:45am: bowl of cereal with skim milk, and 2 scoops of whey protein powder, and a multi-vitamin. And a glass of water.

I also have half an aspro - doctors orders to thin my blood, plus a cup of cheap and nasty nescafe with skim milk, no sugar, some time after brekky.

Mid-morning 10:45am: 1 red Apple and a glass of water.

Lunch, midday: Ham & spinach, tomato, avocado sandwich on some type of Helgas brown/rye or seedy bread. And a glass of water.

Afternoon 3:30pm: small bunch of grapes or another apple, or museli bar, water.

Afternoon 4:45pm, pre-workout banana, water.

Hit the gym (SS program) or go for a 5-6km run between 5:30 - 6:30pm.

6:30pm: WPI shake....much water...banana.

7:30pm Dinner: steak or chicken breast or thigh or lamb backstrap or fish with lettuce (or baby spinach), tomato, cucumber, maybe some fetta. Or corn, carrots, peas, broccoli.

After dinner 9:30pm: some plain youghurt with some grapes or strawberrys or banana.

Hopefully the more I keep reading the more motivated I will get and the more determined I will be to keep getting good results.

Any thoughts or links you can provide will be appreciated Fadi - and keep spreading the good will! It really is a pleasure to read your posts.

Andy

Last edited:
Cut the yoghurt before bed, it's just silly. High In Sugar and that just isnt necessary then. Have some milk or a casein shake or smash some cottage cheese. Anything like that will fuel your body over night when it needs it to repair.

Other than that, maybe eat a bit more, more chicken and rice etc

Cut the yoghurt before bed, it's just silly. High In Sugar and that just isnt necessary then. Have some milk or a casein shake or smash some cottage cheese. Anything like that will fuel your body over night when it needs it to repair.

Not really
Plain natural yoghurt has almost the exact same amount of sugar and fat as full cream milk and the yoghurt has more protien.

Low fat yoghurts tend to have higher sugar content and anything flavoured is through the roof.

Thanks Gareer/Bazza, I think I'll try and throw an extra meal in there of chicken and vegies with rice.

The yoghurt is usually homemade, greek or plain Easy-Yo yoghurt, so it's not too bad, but a shake probably would be better as a protein source (though wouldn't have the good bacteria that the yoghurt has).

Hi Fadi,

It's been a pleasure reading so many of your posts on here. Usually Im tempted to ask lots of questions but of course I keep reading the threads and hey presto! the answers are there. I've learn so much from this site in the few weeks I've been here :)

I'm still finding my feet setting my goals with regard to strength training and nutrition and trying to balance that with overall fitness and lifestyle. I'm 33yo, 82kg (would like to be 87kg) and 177cm tall and I run about 3x5km each week on my non-gym days as I intend to participate in the Run For The Kids race in April - plus I have a pretty full-on heart murmur so cardio health is a must for me. (I don't think my cardiologist would want me at 90kg+ even if it was all muscle!).

Im reasonably happy with my body fat levels and my goal (at this stage) is to enjoy the benefits of being stronger.

I'm very much a novice and while I'm excited to be taking my training more seriously than ever, I don't know if I have the determination to stick with a diet like the one you've suggested. (Eating it isn't the problem, but preparing it is!)

I was wondering if you could let me know what slight(!) changes I could make to my current diet that would reap the biggest benefits. I think I need to "ease" into a serious diet!

At the moment my diet looks like this:

Breakfast, 8:45am: bowl of cereal with skim milk, and 2 scoops of whey protein powder, and a multi-vitamin. And a glass of water.

I also have half an aspro - doctors orders to thin my blood, plus a cup of cheap and nasty nescafe with skim milk, no sugar, some time after brekky.

Mid-morning 10:45am: 1 red Apple and a glass of water.

Lunch, midday: Ham & spinach, tomato, avocado sandwich on some type of Helgas brown/rye or seedy bread. And a glass of water.

Afternoon 3:30pm: small bunch of grapes or another apple, or museli bar, water.

Afternoon 4:45pm, pre-workout banana, water.

Hit the gym (SS program) or go for a 5-6km run between 5:30 - 6:30pm.

6:30pm: WPI shake....much water...banana.

7:30pm Dinner: steak or chicken breast or thigh or lamb backstrap or fish with lettuce (or baby spinach), tomato, cucumber, maybe some fetta. Or corn, carrots, peas, broccoli.

After dinner 9:30pm: some plain youghurt with some grapes or strawberrys or banana.

Hopefully the more I keep reading the more motivated I will get and the more determined I will be to keep getting good results.

Any thoughts or links you can provide will be appreciated Fadi - and keep spreading the good will! It really is a pleasure to read your posts.

Andy

BTW since posting here I've added Fadi's butter chicken and basmati as a 2nd lunch on work days... it's been good on days I lift, not so good on days that I run! Ill persist for a while and keep an eye on the scales.

1) PRE/DURING WORKOUT DRINK: 40g Oatmass, 5g WPI, 400ml water ;

Cal 160, C 24g P 9 F3

2) POST WORKOUT DRINK: (immediately after workout): 65g Oatmass, 10g WPI, 500ml water; OR

Quick question on the pre and post work out amounts. If I use Amino Acids instead of WPI, what would the amount in grams? 5g wpi plus 1 scoop of oatmass is 9g protein, 24g of carbs. If I use 5g of aminos acids and use a carb other that oatmass that has no protein, should I add more EAA's like 10g of amino acids to make up the extra protein that would have been there from the Oatmass? (Eg. Pre Workout: 10g EAA's plus 1 scoop of Endura Rehydrate 23g of carbs. Post Workout: 20g EAA's plus 2 scoops of Endura Rehydrate 45g of carbs)