• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

4000 Calories Muscle Diet

Damien, the answer to your question is no, I've never competed as a bodybuilder though I did it for 25 1/2 years. It's a choice I made when I came to the sport when I was 18 1/2 years old back in 1984.

Coming from an extremely objective sport into an extremely subjective sport, I was not going to let anyone judge me based on looks, as I've said, it was a decision that I made at a young age and one I remained faithful to.

I did compete as an Olympic weightlifter though at the world championships. The photo I have on here is the only photo I have. Currently (since November of 2009), I've taken up Olympic weightlifting again and lost about 15kg in the process of mainly muscles (on purpose). No need for muscles built through bodybuilding when one's aim is to lift big.

I see that you've competed three times already and have been at it for the past eight years. You must have gained plenty of experience since you were 20. I wish you all the best at taking the Australian IFBB title.

Any more questions for me Damien :)?

Fadi.

No probs Fadi, good luck with the weightlifting matey, lifting big is something i definitely admire.

No probs Fadi, good luck with the weightlifting matey, lifting big is something i definitely admire.

Damien, there's something I would like you to know; I can talk bodybuilding based on my long years of experience until the cows come home, but you'll never hear me cutting you off when you're speaking mate, after all it is you and not I who has been on that bodybuilding stage. That is why I said to you from the outset; it's all about sharing of ideas. Now that you're here with us, I must say those ideas have just become that bit more powerful Sir.

I'm here to learn from you as much as you are here to learn from me, this is about each one of us encouraging the other to realise their dream.

All the best Champ.

Fadi.

Fadi,

I currently follow the diet religously, everyday except weekends where I follow as close as possible while fitting in friends and eating out. I have put on 2 kgs in around 3 weeks. I haven't put on weight for atleast 8 months prior... I owe it to your w/o advice and this diet. Thanks mate, you're a legend.

question - I don't want to take up too much of your time, but if you get the chance could you possibly provide some possible alternatives to the meals you have listed? In particular the lunch and afternoon snack will lack lustre very soon.

Is it ok in your opinion to follow the diet every single day? Is it varied enough?

- Jack.

Hi Jack,

Like I've always said, there is never a one size fits all type of a diet. And I have also maintained that all th eeating plans I write are subject for modifications so as to more closely suite the lifter.

Have you seen these:

"Diet" #1: A 2200 CALORIE FOOD PLAN

3200 calorie Food Plan

4000 Calorie Testosterone Boost Diet

"Diet" #2: A 2800 CALORIE FOOD PLAN plenty of variety here I think.

Jack, if the aim is to increase in size than I would not be counting calories as much as I would be concentrating on caloric dense food such as nuts, dry fruit (in addition to the 4000 calories etc). Your metabolsim is fast and if you look over here Fadi's 13500 calorie "diet", you may be shocked to realise that eating such an amount did not result in any weight gain whatsoever but only served to maintain my ripped 75kg body (back in the early 80s)!

What was the issue? Too many activities on top of a well structured 8x/week Olympic weightlifting program at the time. So although you've gained 2kg (which is great by the way), we can improve if you curtailed some extracurricular activities if you happened to be involved in any (or too much of them).

Fadi.

i thought i'd just bump the thread.
I'm currently considering going up a weight class...although I could obviously go down to around 64-65 fairly easily......going up appears to be a better overall option.

Based on the %'s, it suggests for me to have 2180 calories a day, not 4000. I'll trial the 2180 for awhile & see how that floats. What to increase if my 'scale weight' doesn't increase? pro? cho? fat?

How big are you? No one can answer the question accurately anyway until you actually do it. So if you are 100kg with a fast metabolism you may put on minimal fat and maybe minimal muscle too.

hey fadi and guys
im keen to try this diet but!
being a beginner is this diet an over kill or is there no such thing lol
im 186cm 81-83kgs (tall and thin) and am currently doing rippetoes begginer program. obvisley my goals are to get much bigger
also i guess all supps are taking with milk? becasue im finding drinking close to 2L a day is helping me alot.
and where do you guys recomend sourcing some MPI?
rest of my supps will come from fitness central such as wpi wpc oatmass and amino's
so what are your thorts? sorry for the hundreds of questions.
:)
just tasted some prunes and ah ma god possibly one of the more disgustings foods ive eaten made me feel sick lol
i think might have to mix them im with other food and or start with slightly less quantities :eek:
so that changes a bit if i have slightly less of some foods i obivsley wont be hitting the 4000 mark stright away but will increase to it? or should i grow a set and and do exactly what is written hear? despite my low level of traning?

Last edited:
Barnsey,

Sure I wrote this diet plan up. However I'm the first person to suggest flexibility over rigidity in anything and everything. So please use this plan as a base or as something that would get you thinking about what food suits you best and nothing more. I've never been a text book orientated type of a lifter nor someone who likes to take the word pleasure out of food.

Fadi.

Awesome write up Fadi.

As for derka, i dont see the need to try and belittle someone who is helping out other people by posting information?

Anyways top stuff, cant wait to try this diet!

Hi Fadi
Thanks for your reply in the 3200 cal thread, but I'm thinking that this diet would be better suited to me at this stage. I slept in a bit today so I've had my apple juice and am about to go and try whizzing up some quick oats into something like superfine!

With this diet, do you think it would be OK to make my own MPI from Calcium Caseinate and WPI that I have here, in an 80:20 ratio?

With this diet, do you think it would be OK to make my own MPI from Calcium Caseinate and WPI that I have here, in an 80:20 ratio?
Of course it would be OK if that's your wish. However why would you want to mix a short acting with a long acting protein? Would it not be better to use either for their specified purposes? Sure I'm being very technical here so my best recommendation to you would be to give it a go and see how your body responds in kind.

Fadi.

Of course it would be OK if that's your wish. However why would you want to mix a short acting with a long acting protein? Would it not be better to use either for their specified purposes? Sure I'm being very technical here so my best recommendation to you would be to give it a go and see how your body responds in kind.

Fadi.

It's just that when I looked up MPI I found that it is an 80:20 mix of casein and whey, so I thought that I might be able to replicate it myself. Failing that, I suspect that the Calcium Caseinate would be the best match for what you are trying to achieve with that pre-bed meal, am I right?

It's just that when I looked up MPI I found that it is an 80:20 mix of casein and whey, so I thought that I might be able to replicate it myself. Failing that, I suspect that the Calcium Caseinate would be the best match for what you are trying to achieve with that pre-bed meal, am I right?
Right.

Fadi.

hey guys,
I feel like an idiot but what effect does dextrose have? Basically what is dextrose?

I'm not sure if anyone is following this diet at the moment but I'm currently age 19 male at 75kg and 170cm height I'm trying to get to atleast 85kg worth of muscle I train up to 8 times a week a lot of this is running not actually lifting. I was just wondering does anyone follow this diet

my 1rms are currently s 150 dead 180 bench 110
and how much does it cost? because it looks quite dear to me