• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

4000 Calories Muscle Diet

Haha yes quite true.

I recieved my 3kilos today and had my first sample a couple of hours ago. Quite happy with the mixability (my girlfriend informs me i've invented this word but it will do). Pleasant taste when mixed with a little milk & water. Still have to try the juice thing :)

Lol, the actual word for it is Solubility.

But I guess solubility would refer to whether it is actually soluble or not, while mixability refers to whether it's easily soluble or soluble after a lot of hard work.

Afternoon snack: 1 large 200g sweet potato, 62g chicken breast, salad, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 boiled egg.

P=32 C=41 F=23.5 Cal = 505

First of all, thank you Fadi for sharing this meal plan with us.

I work in an underground mine where we do 12 hour shifts and often only stop for lunch. What might be an alternative to this meal? Preferably something that can be carried in a plastic/sealed bag in my pocket and can withstand the heat underground (not fruit obviously). Mix of nuts maybe?

Or can these calories be consumed at a different time so that the total calories taken in for the day are still the same?

Thank you.

First of all, thank you Fadi for sharing this meal plan with us.

I work in an underground mine where we do 12 hour shifts and often only stop for lunch. What might be an alternative to this meal? Preferably something that can be carried in a plastic/sealed bag in my pocket and can withstand the heat underground (not fruit obviously). Mix of nuts maybe?

Or can these calories be consumed at a different time so that the total calories taken in for the day are still the same?

Thank you.

Fenrir,

You can swap the above with something like 30g of dried figs and 10 walnut halves; 40g of dried apricots with about 10 almonds. These dried fruits and nuts combine really nicely as far as taste is concerned not to mention they are all jam packed with heavy duty nutients to boot. Last but not least, two boiled eggs left in shell until time of eating. If you think it's so hot down there that they might go off, then put them in water the night before and freeze it before taking it down with you. The egg will keep your brain ticking over like a V8 engine due to its Choline (brain food).

Alternatively in place of the two eggs, you may take with you a 95g can of salmon. Do not drain but drink its content to the last drop. Again, DHA omega 3 fat here...brain food that keeps you alert and focused.

Due to the dried fruit, I'd have a glass of water after this meal or with it.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi & co,

Here's my confusion. Please clarify
members.

I was reading that in order to loose
fat (body fat. That's my current
goal) you have to consume 500Calories
less!

So for my height 5" Foot 6'ish That's
about 181cm's or something?? an on-line
calorie counter stated with heavy exercise
Should be consuming about 2100 per day.

So by my rough calculations that's about 1800
to 'loose body fat'.

Fadi is talking about 4000 which I assume is
for someone wanting to put on 'lean muscle'??

Am I correct in my interpretation?

Thanks.

Hey k_21,

I do believe Fadi will correct you and say you should eat the same amount and burn the extra calories.

4000 calories might spell lean muscle for some, or excess fat gain for others.
Fadi has a few other meal plans up to cover the fact that not one diet fits everyone.

A very wise man once showed me this incredibly easy way to calculate approx intake. I believe Fadi will agree with this also.

To lose fat: 12-13 cal / lb of bodyweight.
To maintain: 15-16 cal / lb of bodyweight.
To gain: 18-20 cal / lb of bodyweight.

Anyway, just thought I would save you the wait until 2am for Fadi to reply ;)

Fadi & co,

Here's my confusion. Please clarify
members.

I was reading that in order to loose
fat (body fat. That's my current
goal) you have to consume 500Calories
less!

So for my height 5" Foot 6'ish That's
about 181cm's or something?? an on-line
calorie counter stated with heavy exercise
Should be consuming about 2100 per day.

So by my rough calculations that's about 1800
to 'loose body fat'.

Fadi is talking about 4000 which I assume is
for someone wanting to put on 'lean muscle'??

Am I correct in my interpretation?

Thanks.

Or you can maintain your current eating way but add this to rev up your cell fire (some people call it metabolism)! http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/10403-let-s-lose-some-fat-mass.html

Remeber I was having 13500+ and been ripped to shreds with vains popping everywhere. It kind of throw the whole written calorie formula out the window wouldn't you agree Devante!!! What did it? A super fast metabolism that's what! So revving up your metabolism and enjoying your food would be my first choice. Now if after a month (of kick ass consistency) things arn't looking crash hot, then (and only then) would I begin to consider cutting down on calories slightly and by slightly I mean around the 200-250 marker. Calories= energy= great workouts=results! Too little calories= lethargy=bad workouts=no results (not to mention a grumpy mood)!

Fadi.

Last edited:
i don't agree with 3 whole eggs as being anywhere near enough for 1st meal. I'd personally throw the butter away and add 6-8 eggwhites with 2 whole eggs

why? please back things up with some form of information if your planning on critisizing someone who knows what he is talking about...

why? please back things up with some form of information if your planning on critisizing someone who knows what he is talking about...

I'm a competitior and i disagree with the 3 eggs. I can post pictures if i need to "back up" what i'm saying. 3 eggs is atrocious for protein content.

lol i meant do you have some form of actual informational backing? Fadi was a body builder/ oly lifter and knows his thing and i wondered why u thought he was wrong?

lol i meant do you have some form of actual informational backing? Fadi was a body builder/ oly lifter and knows his thing and i wondered why u thought he was wrong?

hey jman

Idon't think 3 eggs is anygood at all one egg is 6g of protein 3 eggs equals 18g of protein not nearly enough. I threw some photos for you so you can see i compete as well to justify my position. I just know from experience 3 eggs is such a small amount of protein and i don't agree with that, that's all

fair enough mate but i wondered why u then said to drop it to 2 whole eggs and up the egg whites? there is method behing everyones madness and i never said you were wrong in your ways mate, Fadi's diet is just a guideline for people and each and everyones needs will be slightly different. Myself i feel 3 eggs is a good amount for breakfast because if your eating enough meals throughout the day and there is a good split of fats carbs and proteins then a large siting of the stuff isnt needed.
I understand you compete in body building and congrats to your results mate but Fadi has a good idea of what he is talking about, if you were to see a pic of him you would understand his methods and how they worked for him also... i meerly asked for some sort of backing to the information, a picture doesnt really cut it for me. nvm

fair enough mate but i wondered why u then said to drop it to 2 whole eggs and up the egg whites? there is method behing everyones madness and i never said you were wrong in your ways mate, Fadi's diet is just a guideline for people and each and everyones needs will be slightly different. Myself i feel 3 eggs is a good amount for breakfast because if your eating enough meals throughout the day and there is a good split of fats carbs and proteins then a large siting of the stuff isnt needed.
I understand you compete in body building and congrats to your results mate but Fadi has a good idea of what he is talking about, if you were to see a pic of him you would understand his methods and how they worked for him also... i meerly asked for some sort of backing to the information, a picture doesnt really cut it for me. nvm

Im reading arnold shwrasxnqwdenwxnnqwn who can spell his names encyclopidia of modern bodybuilding atm.. Even he says people that throw away the yolk and eat only the white are idiots.

He also says people who dont do squats deadlifts and power exercises are idiots. And people that use wrist wraps are idiots...

This man was more onto it then i thought...

He would do squats and dealdifts then do body building style exercises not replace proper exercise with rubbish..

Anyway hijack..

Shut the **** up and Eat your eggs

not every thing is about fat protein and carbs

i don't agree with 3 whole eggs as being anywhere near enough for 1st meal. I'd personally throw the butter away and add 6-8 eggwhites with 2 whole eggs

Interesting! 3 eggs are not enough at all; how about 11? While we're at it, how about 3500 calories just for breakfast? That's what I was having at a particular time in my life. Notice I have not gone passed breakfast yet!

Derka... (what's your name by the way?), nutrition and training is not about agreeing or disagreeing with another person, it's about finding what works best for you, and the way that is done (as I'm certain you know), is to have a Master's degree in communication...not with others, but with your own body, your own self.

As Jman has pointed out for you, and as I have said a million times on this forum, a diet written by me or anyone else, is just a guideline, a base, a platform, a foundation from where one can then adjust/modify that diet according to his or her own needs and likes and dislikes.

So with that, I say let us give and take, let us share our ideas that we may all benefit from each others' experiences.

Welcome to Ausbb Sir.

Fadi.

Interesting! 3 eggs are not enough at all; how about 11? While we're at it, how about 3500 calories just for breakfast? That's what I was having at a particular time in my life. Notice I have not gone passed breakfast yet!

Derka... (what's your name by the way?), nutrition and training is not about agreeing or disagreeing with another person, it's about finding what works best for you, and the way that is done (as I'm certain you know), is to have a Master's degree in communication...not with others, but with your own body, your own self.

As Jman has pointed out for you, and as I have said a million times on this forum, a diet written by me or anyone else, is just a guideline, a base, a platform, a foundation from where one can then adjust/modify that diet according to his or her own needs and likes and dislikes.

So with that, I say let us give and take, let us share our ideas that we may all benefit from each others' experiences.

Welcome to Ausbb Sir.

Fadi.

Have you ever competed Fadi? If so what federation? Can you post a recent picture of yourself.

Have you ever competed Fadi? If so what federation? Can you post a recent picture of yourself.

Damien, the answer to your question is no, I've never competed as a bodybuilder though I did it for 25 1/2 years. It's a choice I made when I came to the sport when I was 18 1/2 years old back in 1984.

Coming from an extremely objective sport into an extremely subjective sport, I was not going to let anyone judge me based on looks, as I've said, it was a decision that I made at a young age and one I remained faithful to.

I did compete as an Olympic weightlifter though at the world championships. The photo I have on here is the only photo I have. Currently (since November of 2009), I've taken up Olympic weightlifting again and lost about 15kg in the process of mainly muscles (on purpose). No need for muscles built through bodybuilding when one's aim is to lift big.

I see that you've competed three times already and have been at it for the past eight years. You must have gained plenty of experience since you were 20. I wish you all the best at taking the Australian IFBB title.

Any more questions for me Damien :)?

Fadi.