• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Diet" #1: A 2200 CALORIE FOOD PLAN

Fadi I have been on this 2200 cals for 3 days so far and so good. One question I have is, are the chicken thighs weight taken from raw or cooked values?

Also you told me to do 2 days on 2200 and 2 days on 2800. Is there any benefit to doing 2 dats 2200 and 1 day 2800 or do i need more time on the higher carbs for cycling. Im pretty carb sensative thats all.

Not the fittest at the moment either, could only perform 5 X 10 complete Burpies and was just to stuffed to do any more. i could have probably done 50 in the morning and 50 later in the afternoon. But since i didnt know how tough these were I was not prepared. Not to worry ill be increasing them by 10 in the one session until i get up to the 100. Then increasing the reps per set i do until i can do all 100 in the one session if thats even possible.

Hi Newguy22,

I understand what you mean and I do understand your concern. I usually specify but for some reason I didn't for breakfast for example with the sweet potato. There it's cooked weight, same with the chicken. Other places I say (raw) cooked, as in the rice for example. But thanks for pointing that out. I may have to do some rectifying tonight on few food items.

As for the cycling of the calories, people tell me it stops their metabolism from slowing down due to say a 2200 calories when in two days time you up it to 2800. That gives you an average of 2500 calories/day. Eating plans are all about trial and error to see what works for you. As for being carb sensitive; your energy has to come from somewhere especially when you combine this eating plan with the lose fat/maintain muscle program which is very taxing on your muscle glycogen levels. So it's calories in vs calories expanded.

The burpees will come; no one is born fit. We all have to really work at it and you’re doing just fine.

If I've left anything out, please don't hesitate to grab my attention to it. Thank you Newguy22.

Fadi.

Last edited:
How can you survive on 2200 cals a day and 138g of protien? Let alone train and expect not too lose muscle mass.

I hear what you're saying lkt004 and would like to point out that there are also 2800, 3200, and a 4000 calorie food plan to look at if you're interested. There'll never be a one size fits all as I'm sure you know. However I've included these eating plans here for anyone who's interested in having some form of structure or a base from which to proceed from, that's all.

The protein issue has been discussed somewhat on pages 5 & 6 of this thread; you can check it out if you like.

Thank you.

Fadi.

I really like the idea of cycling the 2200 and 2800 every 2 days.

I think I will try this for a couple months and see how it works.

No problem gentlemen. Just be aware that food plans are there as a base that can be modified to suite your personal needs. So no rigidity please since I much prefer flexibility here...and throughout life's journey.

All the best to you warriors!

Fadi.

Starting this today :) Thanks Fadi

Is this ok for timing?

05.00 Breakfast
08.30 Snack
12.30 Lunch
16.00 Snack
17.45 Pre-Train
18.00 Train
19.00 Post-Train
19.30 Dinner
20.30 Snack

Cheers,

Aaron.

would metabolisim be slowed down on 1400 per day? this is my first time really counting cals and i amd happy on 1400, i dont want to loose weight on this ammoun and then have to mainatin weight at say 1000 cal, or it dosent work like that?

i would love to maintain on 3000 a day

The lower you bring your calories the slower your metabolism is going to get. So in a way you'd be fighting an uphill battle. Why not up the calories and rely more on calorie expenditure through a structured workout as well as other activities instead of relying very heavily on caloric restriction. It's no fun anyway, not to mention unhealthy. Even people who live the longest on earth eat an average of 1800-2500 calories per day (depending on gender and level of activity).

Bottom line is this: you need energy to be able to perform your workout; energy comes via calories. Cut down too much and not only will you rob yourself of much needed energy, but you'll also lose more muscle than fat (which in turn would slow your metabolism even further which only serves to create a vicious circle!).

Fadi.

Last edited:
ok 1 month is up from my 1400 a day, im back to 87kg and with the Beginer weights program ive gotten stonger and i can see more mucle, Still the oppisite of what i want,

Going to Try 2200 a day and -20% after 2 weeks and see how i go, Mabey im just eating to little.

I'm 86 kgs, weight train 3 x a week and cardio 3 x a week and am losing fat on 3200+ calories a week. A month a go I was eating less than 2000 calories and couldn't lose any weight. Strange but true.
Eat less your body starves you have no energy your body's metabolism falls asleep. And weight loss is difficult.
Eat more and your full of energy, you train harder, you recover quicker, metabolism is firing on all cylinders.

I'm 86 kgs, weight train 3 x a week and cardio 3 x a week and am losing fat on 3200+ calories a week. A month a go I was eating less than 2000 calories and couldn't lose any weight. Strange but true.
Eat less your body starves you have no energy your body's metabolism falls asleep. And weight loss is difficult.
Eat more and your full of energy, you train harder, you recover quicker, metabolism is firing on all cylinders.

Im starting to agree with this cals have been uped and new macros set,

1 month and see how i go. TBH i never felt i was low on energy, i could still pull out a 5km run 3 days week no probs.

Hi fadi

i will be trying this routine out.

Basically, i am skinny fat and very unhappy with my physique. A rough guess will place me around the 20% body fat at 69kgs (165cm tall) i have cut out my 1kg roast turkey a week with bread. And dropped 3 to 4kg. And sitting on 65ish kg. Looking at my YouTube videos, you can see im relatively skinny. i would llike some guidance whether cutting down to 12% body fat would be a viable option due to my current physique.

I am curious on the outcome if i were to cut down. im happy to bulk again a bt later down the road. Reason why i choose not to bulk again now is i am afraid my body fat will increase over 20% and being a short guy. ill look like an oopma loompa.

Any advice and personal experiences would kindly be appreciated.

Cheers

sook

Hi fadi

i will be trying this routine out.

Basically, i am skinny fat and very unhappy with my physique. A rough guess will place me around the 20% body fat at 69kgs (165cm tall) i have cut out my 1kg roast turkey a week with bread. And dropped 3 to 4kg. And sitting on 65ish kg. Looking at my YouTube videos, you can see im relatively skinny. i would llike some guidance whether cutting down to 12% body fat would be a viable option due to my current physique.

I am curious on the outcome if i were to cut down. im happy to bulk again a bt later down the road. Reason why i choose not to bulk again now is i am afraid my body fat will increase over 20% and being a short guy. ill look like an oopma loompa.

Any advice and personal experiences would kindly be appreciated.

Cheers

sook

Hi Sook,

My advice to you is that you don't increase nor decrease your current bodyweight, but you work at changing its composition. How would you do that? You work your ass off (bit more on that in a sec) whilst keeping your calories at maintenance level. In other words, you don't cut down on calories, which would see you lose weight (that's not what we want), and you don't increase your calories either and put on some fat in the process.

Working your butt off is accomplished both in the gym and outside it. The aim is to turn your body (metabolism) into a fat burning machine. And yes, it can be done once your metabolism kicks into higher gear in about 3 weeks after commencing the program.

What program?

Weight training as well as HIIT coupled with HFT (high frequency training). Please take a look over here for how to speed your metabolism: Let’s Lose Some Fat Mass… and this: Overweight? Not a problem!

Your weight training program would insure you maintain the muscles that you currently have. The HIIT/HFT would insure that you lose fat through a transformation of your metabolism from a 4 cylinder into a Supercharged V8! The issue you might have after about three weeks on consistency is maintaining weight. In other words, you may find yourself needing to eat slightly more just to maintain current weight. The fun bit is you'd be losing fat whilst doing it. Give yourself a solid 3 months of extreme discipline and you watch yourself transform from skinny fat into a solid and fit looking athlete.

All the best.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi, so much wisdom, if anything, too much for my novice brain to comprehend at once.

I would love to personally pick your brain sometime.

Eating & nutrition is currently one of the (main) things that I am struggling to wrap my head around. I am looking to put on some size, approx 10 - 15kg's to start with, but must learn to crawl first, then walk.

Currently weigh approx 68kg, down from a peak of 120kg. I've just joined up at my local gym, and have been given a 3 day split program to go on. Not sure how good or bad it is, but I guess it's a start.

I seem to be going around in circles at the moment. This whole 'eating to put on weight' is new to me. :D

-Rob.