• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Diet" #1: A 2200 CALORIE FOOD PLAN

MD,

This is not a bodybuilding diet in the sense that the main focus should be on protein (which I find wrong anyway). This plan has ample amount of protein at 25%. I'd much rather be concerned with the carbohydrates to insure an optimum workout through a high energy level instead of a mediocre workout that would have me break down or run out of energy half way through. You'll find more on why I think that way in paragraph #3 below. Thanks.

What bodybuilders fail to realise is that any excess protein will go to serve as an energy calorie and Not as a muscle building calorie if the carbs are not at an optimum level. This is not a 60%+ carb plan where a surplus is going to be created. And even then, as long as you’re utlising your calories through some high intensity and consistent exercises, then all the bread and other carbs will be craved and welcomed by your metabolism.

MD, please point who ever is objecting to the amount of calories as being too high, point them to my 13500 calories article please. I'm totally against ultra low calorie "diets" and all for calorie expenditure through blood sweat and tears. The results are incomparable in the long run from a health stand point of view (something bodybuilders tend to overlook sometimes as they get carried away with the "look" of it all.

MD, point these people to my article of "let's break the shackles". Mate I take that back, you're not my servant here so why not just ask them to join this forum and deal with me one on one.

Chocolate is in because it has amazing health properties and it serves to nourish the psychological aspect of a "diet". Something all dieters underestimate until they drive their bodies into a state where only a binge would do.

Fadi.

Last edited:
yeah thats why i was wondering too. also white bread is usually pretty high GI isnt it? how will that go if i sit at a desk all day and only get active in the evenings every 2nd day when i work out

Hi David,

It seems that you've posted your question as I was still typing my reply to MD.

Yes white bread is mid/high GI and that's exactly why I've included it where I have. I'm after an insulin spike at these times.

As for sitting at a desk question: I truely believe you'd profit plenty if you pose that question directly to Mikasadan and ask him if he sits at a desk all day.

I can answer the question this way though: The exercise that I do in the gym or at home if I'm doing burpees, would serve my metabolism very well by keeping it revving for no less than 48 hours. One should never rely on what the exercise is doing at the time he's doing it but rather what could be accomplished in the way of fat loss after the exercise is OVER.

Let me give you an example here. You can go for a 2 hour slow walk and use a high ratio of fatty acids to glycogen. In other words you are using more fat as you are conducting your two hours walk. Now if you go and sit behind a desk after those two hours, you'll find no benefit has been carried over into the non exercising environment. In other words your metabolism would not be any quicker. Now compare those two (2) hours of walking with some kick ass 100 burpees that are done in about ten to fifteen (10-15) minutes and your comparison would be like comparing chalk and cheese. As you are sitting behind your desk typing at your computer, you'll be perspiring whilst everyone around you would be shivering!

I'll stop here and I thank you for your question mate.

Fadi.

Last edited:
why white bread? that stuff is awful on your colon.

SubCom,

SubCom's super porridge
I typically eat this for breakfast on training days. Pretty much every day through winter.

1/2 cup of oats
1/4 cup of barley
1/8 cup of rye
1 cup fo full cream milk
3/4 cup of water
Cinnamon bark
Nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 Tbsp of thickened full cream

The above was a breakfast that you've put up recently. Can I say it's awful? I'm being very very serious here my friend; can I call it awful?

I think it would be very stupid of me to call it awful in the context in which you have presented it. So calling white bread awful as you have chosen to do, I'm asking you Sir; have you taken my presentation in context as I have done with yours?

SubCom, you've asked a rhetorical question. Were you hoping I would not come back to this? You've linked the consumption of white bread with colon problems. I always do my homework before I do my posting.

I'm always available for any legitimate question posed to me; have you got one?

PS: If you decide to come back here; a bit of introduction on yourself would be much appreciated by me. I thank you for your time SubCom.

Fadi.

I'm totally against ultra low calorie "diets" and all for calorie expenditure through blood sweat and tears. .

Consider me convinced, thanks for your detailed feedback Fadi, I am very happy follwing the 2200/2800.
And will increase my excercise expenditure if and when my fat loss/ muscle growth stagnates.

MD

Consider me convinced, thanks for your detailed feedback Fadi, I am very happy follwing the 2200/2800.
And will increase my excercise expenditure if and when my fat loss/ muscle growth stagnates.

MD

You Daniel, you really drive me and inspire me to go forward brother; I sincerely thank you for that. This food plan as you can see, has plenty of ORs in it. The reason it has that is because it has been used by really heavy people who liked to have some alternatives. I believe Ms. Powerhouse herself made a comment about not liking a one size fits all, which I totally agree with Bree.

So please Mika, if there's a food that you really like but do not see included in that "diet", then by all means let me know what it is and I'll work out the portions etc and create another OR just for you (which will go towards making this food plan a very comprehensive one indeed). However if you like it as I have presented it, then that's fine with me also. I honestly believe that if someone does not feel deprived, then their psychological power would carry them through and help them conquer anything they set their mind on achieving.

It goes without saying; I'm open for any questions what so ever.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi,

I am enjoying the diet/plan as is right now, I have always been big on preperation and planning so I have no trouble at all being organised with these foods. if possible though please include your thoughts on a couple of alternatives for dinner, although i love the salmon, i would just like to have a few options to go to.

MD

just wanted to add my tip.. with breakfast i slice up the bread, crack the two eggs over it and chuck it in a container in the fridge, after the gym at work i chuck that container in the microwave and zap it for two mins, then throw the "egg bread" in with my salad.. oh yeah!!

Last edited:
As you are sitting behind your desk typing at your computer, you'll be perspiring whilst everyone around you would be shivering!
Fadi.

I always get "how can you not be cold!?! its feeezing in here, why dont your turn the heating on ??"... if they only knew..

MD

Last edited:
Thanks Fadi,

I am enjoying the diet/plan as is right now, I have always been big on preperation and planning so I have no trouble at all being organised with these foods. if possible though please include your thoughts on a couple of alternatives for dinner, although i love the salmon, i would just like to have a few options to go to.

MD

just wanted to add my tip.. with breakfast i slice up the bread, crack the two eggs over it and chuck it in a container in the fridge, after the gym at work i chuck that container in the microwave and zap it for two mins, then throw the "egg bread" in with my salad.. oh yeah!!

Thank you for that tip Daniel. I've updated the dinner section of the "diet". Let me know if you approve. Thanks again.

Fadi.

So please Mika, if there's a food that you really like but do not see included in that "diet", then by all means let me know what it is and I'll work out the portions etc and create another OR just for you (which will go towards making this food plan a very comprehensive one indeed).
It goes without saying; I'm open for any questions what so ever.
Fadi.

Hi Fadi,

2 points..

1. I hope this is not getting to tedious for you but, could perhaps consider an alteration for the PWO nutirients for me; as i am having 90g of bread at breakfast which for me is only 30mins after my PWO I would appriciate another option, other than more bread (although or if you feel this is a good combo then please reinforce it with me) i know you have included WMS & potatoe, what about bananas?

2. on non- workout days should i still incorperate the PWO shakes? to ensure the caloric intake?

MD

Last edited:
Hi Fadi,

2 points..

1. I hope this is not getting to tedious for you but, could perhaps consider an alteration for the PWO nutirients for me; as i am having 90g of bread at breakfast which for me is only 30mins after my PWO I would appriciate another option, other than more bread (although or if you feel this is a good combo then please reinforce it with me) i know you have included WMS & potatoe, what about bananas?

2. on non- workout days should i still incorperate the PWO shakes? to ensure the caloric intake?

MD

Not a problem there Mika. I've added extra options to the breaky. Regarding the shakes on non-workout days; I'd rather you have all food there Mika. The reason for that is food takes more effort for our bodies to digest and would therefore raise the metabolism slightly which in turn goes towards burning more calories.

Fadi.

Not a problem there Mika. I've added extra options to the breaky. Regarding the shakes on non-workout days; I'd rather you have all food there Mika. The reason for that is food takes more effort for our bodies to digest and would therefore raise the metabolism slightly which in turn goes towards burning more calories.

Fadi.

so non workout days still include the 'post and pre workout calories' but in the form of whoelfoods rather than shakes?

Hi David,

It seems that you've posted your question as I was still typing my reply to MD.

Yes white bread is mid/high GI and that's exactly why I've included it where I have. I'm after an insulin spike at these times.

As for sitting at a desk question: I truely believe you'd profit plenty if you pose that question directly to Mikasadan and ask him if he sits at a desk all day.

I can answer the question this way though: The exercise that I do in the gym or at home if I'm doing burpees, would serve my metabolism very well by keeping it revving for no less than 48 hours. One should never rely on what the exercise is doing at the time he's doing it but rather what could be accomplished in the way of fat loss after the exercise is OVER.

Let me give you an example here. You can go for a 2 hour slow walk and use a high ratio of fatty acids to glycogen. In other words you are using more fat as you are conducting your two hours walk. Now if you go and sit behind a desk after those two hours, you'll find no benefit has been carried over into the non exercising environment. In other words your metabolism would not be any quicker. Now compare those two (2) hours of walking with some kick ass 100 burpees that are done in about ten to fifteen (10-15) minutes and your comparison would be like comparing chalk and cheese. As you are sitting behind your desk typing at your computer, you'll be perspiring whilst everyone around you would be shivering!

I'll stop here and I thank you for your question mate.

Fadi.

i was just reading through this thread again and realised i never came back to check if you answered it. thanks for that, i think i may have to give this 100 burpee challenge a go on my "days off"

so non workout days still include the 'post and pre workout calories' but in the form of whoelfoods rather than shakes?

Not just that Mika, but also we need to change these foods from being high GI to mid/low. I'll update it very soon, I'm running out of time now after I had to format my laptop THREE times. Long story and irrelevant here...

Daniel, I've added some info to the first page thanks to you; please do check it. Thank you.

Bye for now
Fadi.

Last edited:
Hi Fadi,

In regards to the last meal of the day "Bedtime snack" I would like to incorperate cottage cheese or yoghurt here with PP as a desert, i find it much more filling and satisfying than a milkshake, would you have any objection to this.

i have worked it that 200g cottage cheese, i spoonful of P/Butter and 30g slow realease PPowder almost fit the macronutient bill, what do you think?

MD

Hi Fadi,

In regards to the last meal of the day "Bedtime snack" I would like to incorperate cottage cheese or yoghurt here with PP as a desert, i find it much more filling and satisfying than a milkshake, would you have any objection to this.

i have worked it that 200g cottage cheese, i spoonful of P/Butter and 30g slow realease PPowder almost fit the macronutient bill, what do you think?

MD

If it fits the bill perfectly then I see no problems here Mika. Well done.

Fadi.