• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thanks Fadi for updating. Good stuff :)

I thought it was worth keeping the straight-arm burpees time up as inspiration to the girls out there... because I know if I was asked to do 100 pushup-burpees I probably wouldn't even try.

Remember, my max pushups that I can do non-stop is 10, so doing 50 of the pushup-burpees ain't pretty at all! :)

Nevertheless I guess the motto is continual improvement, so ultimately I'm sure I'll get to 100 pushup-burpees and keep doing them faster too!

Yeah Katie, I was impressed when I read that you did 50 of them with the push up. Great work!!

Katie, I did not do them on Tuesday. My shoulders are copping a flogging from this new workout I am doing and Burpees are not helping. I will get into them when my shoulders feel better, which could be tonight actually. I'll see how I go.

Josh, take your time, I've read your recount of starting the new 5x5 program and I can well understand the flogging you are experiencing!

I just whacked out 15 and decided to stop. My shoulders and arms were not liking it, I need to rest them so I can hammer tham again tomorrow night. One day when I am feeling fresh I'll give this a go. Unfortunately that won't be happening this weekend.

Added the last paragraph.

I just whacked out 15 and decided to stop. My shoulders and arms were not liking it, I need to rest them so I can hammer tham again tomorrow night. One day when I am feeling fresh I'll give this a go. Unfortunately that won't be happening this weekend.

Josh, doing the 5x5, I wouldn't advise for a full 100 killers; 30 would be more appropriate if you want to maintain a super fast metabolism and not have your strength (which you need for the 5x5) suffer. I'd do a weight circuit instead, 2 rounds of it on Tuesday and Thursday (plus 30 burpees if you can't help yourself being tortured). You'll find the circuit workout under my 2200/2800 "diet" if you're interested.

Ideally, once your fitness is up to par, you’d just stick with the weights, 5x5 as in your case now. However I do realise that you want more than just strength, hence the inclusion of few other variables or deviations.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Great idea Fadi!

I'm going to incorporate that for my cardio, i'll get my fiancee on it too.

Great idea Fadi!

I'm going to incorporate that for my cardio, i'll get my fiancee on it too.

No worries Josh. We've posted at the same time it seems. I edited my post by adding the last paragraph (and I gave the reason but it didn't show up)! Yeh Josh, 30 is plenty in your case.

Fadi.

I have my clients do burpees during my cardio sessions.

Last night, for shits and giggles, I had them race to 25. Because they had been pressing and squatting for 45 minutes already, I had them do them without the pushup.

Jesse, my younger son, 15, managed 25 burpees in 48 seconds. And thats with a VERY high jump, he wins the vertical leap comp at his school every year in PE.

He had already done 45 minutes of KB work, a 1k run, a 272m sprint, and had played a game of U18 A Grade basketball an hour earlier.

I may have him take the 100 rep challenge, with the pushup. He should be quite fast if he was fresh.

I have my clients do burpees during my cardio sessions.
Jesse, my younger son, 15, managed 25 burpees in 48 seconds. And thats with a VERY high jump, he wins the vertical leap comp at his school every year in PE.

Give young Jesse a hug for me will you Markos; tell him it's from Fadi.

Fadi.

lol Will do, though he is going to give me a strange look.

He has been doing burpees since he was 10. I have always had the basketball team I coach do them.

Maybe its the secret of our success. We have won the last 3 A Grade grand finals in U16, this year we have gone up to U18, even though the boys are 15/16yo.

We play the grand final on the 20th. I think we have won 8 grand finals in all since under 10.

Burpees may be the answer to Carltons stupid last quarter fade out lol

lol Will do, though he is going to give me a strange look.

He has been doing burpees since he was 10. I have always had the basketball team I coach do them.

Maybe its the secret of our success. We have won the last 3 A Grade grand finals in U16, this year we have gone up to U18, even though the boys are 15/16yo.

We play the grand final on the 20th. I think we have won 8 grand finals in all since under 10.

Burpees may be the answer to Carltons stupid last quarter fade out lol

I can feel how proud (an rightly so) you are Markos. All power to you mate.

Fadi.

So I am doing 5x5 basic compound lifts, to get stronger for rugby and basketball season next year, If i read Fadi's post correctly before, you suggested not to do 100 burpees?

Surely I can do them on my cardio days/off days.

I do 5x5, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Surely I can do burpees on thursday and saturday?

BTW I am overwieght and I was hoping the burpees might up my fat loss, which is going well so far, lost about 7 kilos, but gone from benching 17kg dumbells to 100 kilo BB.

Help. Does that make sense?

So I am doing 5x5 basic compound lifts, to get stronger for rugby and basketball season next year, If i read Fadi's post correctly before, you suggested not to do 100 burpees?

Surely I can do them on my cardio days/off days.

I do 5x5, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Surely I can do burpees on thursday and saturday?

BTW I am overwieght and I was hoping the burpees might up my fat loss, which is going well so far, lost about 7 kilos, but gone from benching 17kg dumbells to 100 kilo BB.

Help. Does that make sense?

Hi Beer,

Are you saying that I had said not to do 100 burpees? Have you not seen my "lose fat/Maintain muscle" thread? Sure, over there I'm talking about speeding up your metabolism whilst working with weights to maintain muscles.

There's no harm in doing your strength workout with burpees for Rugby Beer; just don't over do it that's all (which I don't beleive you are anyway). So all power to you mate.

Fadi.

Hi Beer,

Are you saying that I had said not to do 100 burpees? Have you not seen my "lose fat/Maintain muscle" thread? Sure, over there I'm talking about speeding up your metabolism whilst working with weights to maintain muscles.

There's no harm in doing your strength workout with burpees for Rugby Beer; just don't over do it that's all (which I don't beleive you are anyway). So all power to you mate.

Fadi.

I am saying that you had said not to do 100 burpees in conjunction with 5x5 in this post Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - View Single Post - 100 burpees Challenge!, looking back, I guess you were talking specifically to josh the cheesegrater?

I have read your other thread there Fadi and as a fat man, I have taken that advice on board, the only thing stopping me from doing it is that your working to 30-50% of 1RM, which I feel isn't exactly what I want. I want to be stronger than all the other props in the comp and be the best, but I am not fit, I am carrying probably 15kg's too much.

I am saying that you had said not to do 100 burpees in conjunction with 5x5 in this post Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - View Single Post - 100 burpees Challenge!, looking back, I guess you were talking specifically to josh the cheesegrater?

I have read your other thread there Fadi and as a fat man, I have taken that advice on board, the only thing stopping me from doing it is that your working to 30-50% of 1RM, which I feel isn't exactly what I want. I want to be stronger than all the other props in the comp and be the best, but I am not fit, I am carrying probably 15kg's too much.

You're right about me talking specifically to Josh.

And if you check the "lose fat/maintain muscle" thread again; it may be exactly what your metabolism needs Beer. Read it again for me; I know exactly how to make you stronger, but I'm more interested in some foundation first. Please read it again and if the hick up is still the "light" weights, then you can swap the burpees’ days for some low rep weight training instead.

I thank you for your comments and interest Sir.

Fadi.

You're right about me talking specifically to Josh.

And if you check the "lose fat/maintain muscle" thread again; it may be exactly what your metabolism needs Beer. Read it again for me; I know exactly how to make you stronger, but I'm more interested in some foundation first. Please read it again and if the hick up is still the "light" weights, then you can swap the burpees’ days for some low rep weight training instead.

I thank you for your comments and interest Sir.

Fadi.

How about this.

Monday - 5x5.
Tuesday - Basketball.
Wednesday - 5x5.
Thursday - Burpees.
Friday - 5x5.
Weekend - rest.

I don't feel as though that's overdoing it.

How about this.

Monday - 5x5.
Tuesday - Basketball.
Wednesday - 5x5.
Thursday - Burpees.
Friday - 5x5.
Weekend - rest.

I don't feel as though that's overdoing it.

Now I'm confused Beer.

You've gone off the subject a bit for me there my friend. I hate speaking from silence. If you're after my help, then I'll need some info on you please. I'm not crazy about the way the 5x5 is performed by bodybuilders; I'd rather call it crash, burn, and fail. Don't take my word for it, the forum is full of failing 5x5 reps. Check below to see a diferent perspective on the 5x5 please.

I'm not sure about your intentions Beer. Thanks for your time.

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9152-different-training-techniques-7.html#post69772

Fadi.