• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Awesome katie!
I'm yet to go for my second attempt. The stiffness after my first go scared me away a bit! Going to do it this week though.
Well done again!

Initial (2 weeks ago) 100 Bpees

Day1 40:32
Day2 28:40
rest
Day3 27:49
Day4 25:10

..to be continued

I'm updating the original thread as the numbers come in. So do check them please. Thank you.

Fadi.

Wow, nice work considering you started at 40:32!!

I'm going to do this today... after I've digested my 4 eggs for breakfast though... will report back soon!

I am going to do burpee's today with my fiancee. It will be very interesting.

Ahaha you pipped my time my 50 seconds now I just have to get under 12 mins lol :)

Bring it on LOL..

Man i was wrecked this morning..

i found a cool technique was using a stopwatch and hitting the lap button every 10 burpees, then just try to keep the lap times under 1min20seconds..

I need to shorten my rest periods... serously i have lost 3.8 kgs since starting these about 2 weeks ago.. they are awsome!

Last edited:
Actually it looks like you have to keep the lap times under 72 seconds right? Because 12 minutes = 12*60 = 720 seconds, and we're doing 100 burpees.

That's pretty close to what I was doing, actually - starting the 1st, 11th, 21st burpee every minute. The end gets rather unpleasant though.

Josh, we're going to hold you to your resolution :)

Katie, I never said I would do the 100 burpee challenge just simply that I would do some burpee's. It has been sometime since I did them last. Everyone is doing them with the push up right? Females included?

If I feel adventurous I will try 100 reps.

yeah, I meant 1 min 20..

keep em under a minute and youll be safe ;)

Katie, I never said I would do the 100 burpee challenge just simply that I would do some burpee's. It has been sometime since I did them last. Everyone is doing them with the push up right? Females included?

If I feel adventurous I will try 100 reps.

push up???... i have been sculling coke and belching...

Whoops, Josh, you posted in this thread so I assumed you were part of the challenge. My bad!

I've been doing straight arm burpees as I find the pushup-burpees tough as ever. However you made me reconsider, so today I did 50 pushup-burpees (pretty much to failure, I couldn't do any more pushup motions after that) and another 50 burpees for 15:30. So yeah, my time of 12mins something was with straight arm burpees.

Nah I am going to get into it Katie, I was just mucking around. I should use smiley faces more or something.

That is still a great effort, I doubt many woman could do 50 push up Burpees. Hell I doubt 10.

I was keen to try this challenge today but my right shoulder is a bit sore from last night so I am going to wait until that is better. Burpees are hurting it and I need it good for tomorrow night.

Well done Mika. Let me get this straight though so I can do the updating. Mika, was your best 12:08 so far? And Katie was your time 50 sceonds more than Mika at 12:58?

Both times are great, well done.

Fadi.

My 1st score was 12:58 but that was all straight arm burpees. When I tried doing them the real way, my time went right up to 15:30 (50 pushup-burpees, 50 straight arm burpees)!! Err... so which time is counted?

Ideally of course I'd like to do 100 pushup-burpees in sub 12...

My 1st score was 12:58 but that was all straight arm burpees. When I tried doing them the real way, my time went right up to 15:30 (50 pushup-burpees, 50 straight arm burpees)!! Err... so which time is counted?

Ideally of course I'd like to do 100 pushup-burpees in sub 12...

I've added both time for you katie (with your own explanation). I think it's only fair and it also gives others a chance who would like to have a go at these killer burpees minus the pushups. Are you okay with what I've done katie or do you have an objection?:)

Heck, I myself might give them a go minus the pushups and see what my time is!

Fadi.

Well done Mika. Let me get this straight though so I can do the updating. Mika, was your best 12:08 so far? And Katie was your time 50 sceonds more than Mika at 12:58?

Both times are great, well done.

Fadi.

Thanks for the encouragement Fadi, Correct 12:08 (although it took me about 20 seconds to crawl over to wher my stop watch was so...) is my PB so far.. gonna smash that on Saturday Morning!!!!! (holding breath) ;)