• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's a tight one! Good to know that my trying a little harder on the last 10 reps helped to get me 1 sec better than him!

I see that yours is the next one I need to take down, Fadi. ;)

Please do take my numbers down Dance. I simply can not risk doing burpees due to my left shoulder injury amongst other injuries. And again, very well done on your great effort Champ.

Fadi.

Did 100 today in 10:34
I was pretty suprised!

Beertank, I issue you a challenge to beat me!
Some healthy competition might help us both beat Mikasadan!

Mikasadan..................09:38
beertank23.................10:50

Did 100 today in 10:34
I was pretty suprised!

Beertank, I issue you a challenge to beat me!
Some healthy competition might help us both beat Mikasadan!

Mikasadan..................09:38
beertank23.................10:50

Ohh man, I think i've pulled a quad at rugby today mate, i might be off the burpee train for a while....Na, I kid I'll be back into them monday. Won rugby today, so sunday is my rest day!

Well done mate, i will try and film mine, well as best i can with my camera until the memory runs out, where do i upload film?

[YOUTUBE]WH7YGkDZCLI&feature=player_embedded#[/YOUTUBE]

I was a bit worried about my form, when everyone was amazed at 10:50, just checking i likened my form to what these guys do at the start of the vid is this acceptable?

I jump with my arms overhead and try to jump as high as possible. I jump higher than those guys at the start and about the same near the end when I'm tired.

[YOUTUBE]WH7YGkDZCLI&feature=player_embedded#[/YOUTUBE]

I was a bit worried about my form, when everyone was amazed at 10:50, just checking i likened my form to what these guys do at the start of the vid is this acceptable?

Beertank, these two guys are playing! That is the reason I posted a criterion video clip in my original post so there would be no misunderstanding in the least.

So to answer your quesation of
is this acceptable?
The answer is no.

Fadi.

Beertank, these two guys are playing! That is the reason I posted a criterion video clip in my original post so there would be no misunderstanding in the least.

So to answer your quesation of The answer is no.

Fadi.

This is just based on their baby jumps right?

I always jump as high as I can and throw my arms up like the guy in the very first video.
By the end im not jumping as high as him, but jumping with just as much effort (as high as I can)...I assume that counts?
If not we might have to get something to jump onto to prove every single burpee is the right height!:p

If I do a baby jump I squat down and rejump before I'll count that as 1 burpee.
Whats the official verdict?
Redo the jump or redo the whole burpee?

I'll get my wife to watch me next time to count and be the form judge. If they are height based and not effort based I'll put something beside me so she can check im jumping the right height, if it's effort based I'll get her to only count it if I look like I am dieing :p

Correct.

Fadi.

Excellent, thanks Judge Fadi!
I may have to setup a broom and string system off the side of the carport so I have to jump the right height to touch it.
Now all I need to do is guesstimate how high the guy in that video is jumping :p

Excellent, thanks Judge Fadi!
I may have to setup a broom and string system off the side of the carport so I have to jump the right height to touch it.
Now all I need to do is guesstimate how high the guy in that video is jumping :p

When I was performing my burpees, I jumped as explosively as I could as if I wanted to touch the ceiling with the tips of my fingers. The only time my jumps were less forceful was when my leg muscles would not contract well enough to explode and propel my body up dynamically simply due to fatigue instead of making a conscious move to do less.

So it’s either all the way up with driven force from the quads and glutes, or like someone here commented; do the “baby” burpees instead :D!

Fadi.

Im gonna give this a crack, although im with stralian on this one, defiantly wont be a quick one, i think ill be on the floor gasping for breath fairly soon into it.

Im gonna give this a crack, although im with stralian on this one, defiantly wont be a quick one, i think ill be on the floor gasping for breath fairly soon into it.

Nice stuff, let us know how you go!
My first time was not too flash and im sure the form was pretty average, Fadi might not have even counted most of the last 50! :p

Even if you say it took you 1hr to do you'll still have my respect for getting stuck in and trying them! That will leave you heaps of room to hit a PB every time for the next month after as well :p

New pb for me today , 10min 55sec .

Awesome! You should have lied and said 10:49 so you beat me!
You knocked a heap of time off in only a week, next stop is top of the leaderboard!

Last edited:
Nice stuff, let us know how you go!
My first time was not too flash and im sure the form was pretty average, Fadi might not have even counted most of the last 50! :p

Even if you say it took you 1hr to do you'll still have my respect for getting stuck in and trying them! That will leave you heaps of room to hit a PB every time for the next month after as well :p

Awesome! You should have lied and said 10:49 so you beat me!
You knocked a heap of time off in only a week, next stop is top of the leaderboard!

No need to lie to myself mate. I think beta alanine it helped me a lot plus im 78kgs now :)